NO's favourite genre of music

ChezGiven

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not seen a decent poll in a while.

I reckon most people's tastes on here are just about covered.

Problematic with definitions and categories though.

Put Folk and Blues together, traditional Rythmn and Blues should go in that category too, i think modern RnB isnt quite the same thing.

Not perfect but if there is any interest am happy to edit it for the afficianados but was trying to keep the number of categories down.

Oh and its about which genre you think is best and why?  :D

Please separate Hip Hop and RnB, they're not the same thing at all. I'd vote for hip hop, but not if it looks like I've voted for the shit-stain on the face of music that is RnB!!

Unless you're talking about proper RnB, which is about different from hip hop as you can get, which you're not are you, you mean the shit stuff.

;)

Please separate Hip Hop and RnB, they're not the same thing at all. I'd vote for hip hop, but not if it looks like I've voted for the shit-stain on the face of music that is RnB!!

Unless you're talking about proper RnB, which is about different from hip hop as you can get, which you're not are you, you mean the shit stuff.

;)

Hmm, I know Indie i mean the shit stuff but i defintely didnt want to give THAT a seperate category. Go on just vote for it, i know you love Justin Timberlake anyway.

Industrial would be a nice option... :thup:

Under Metal

Metal should be with Rock, to be honest.  Industrial on its own, a lot more experimental.  But voted anyway, you sod.

You could put Indie and metal together?

Metal owes more to glam, Industrial is Nine Inch Nails, Cabaret Voltaire etc

Under Metal

Metal should be with Rock, to be honest. Industrial on its own, a lot more experimental. But voted anyway, you sod.

As much as it pains me, yes, they're both branches from rock. Mind you, I always get these music genre arguments wrong, but you will be forever damned in my eyes, for making me vote House (cause of techno/elec')...

Under Metal

Metal should be with Rock, to be honest.  Industrial on its own, a lot more experimental.  But voted anyway, you sod.

As much as it pains me, yes, they're both branches from rock.  Mind you, I always get these music genre arguments wrong, but you will be forever damned in my eyes, for making me vote House (cause of techno/elec')...

If i played you some House music you would change your mind.  :coolsmiley:

Under Metal

As much as it pains me, yes, they're both branches from rock.  Mind you, I always get these music genre arguments wrong, but you will be forever damned in my eyes, for making me vote House (cause of techno/elec')...

No chance.  If had any gabba, on the other hand...

I managed to find a few the other day. :blush:

Glad Metal isn't stuck with rock indie..bleh thats all too soft :p

But then there are so many overlaps between a lot of these genres.....so i guess it doesn't really matter...I love a bit of prog too...more prog metal tho..like Arjen Lucassen stuff....

Death metal for the lose tho...I don't wanna be shouted at by my music :(

Under Metal

No chance.  If had any gabba, on the other hand...

I managed to find a few the other day. :blush:

Like shite no chance, i've got some canny tracks on vinyl. Sabres of Paradise's Smokebelch would get you tapping your foot.

Nae shit, the lad i told you about and the gabba joke, he flew to paris to see me in november and there was a bloke on the plane with a GGM bomber jacket on.

GGM was the one and the only Geordie Gabba Massive  :lol:

:lol:

To be honest, I was partial to a bit of house back in the day, it's just become a mockery now. With some stupid talentless bint singing parts, not even the whole fucking thing, of a song from the 80s with the typical beat in the background.

What? No Classical?

Everyone bangs on about how we'd never have had pop music without the Beatles, the Stones, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis etc...but you'd have had absolutely fuck all without the unparalled brilliance of Mozart, Shostakovich, Beethoven, Bach, Handel, Sibelius, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Elgar, Holst, Faure, Vivaldi, Wagner, Copland and the lads...

And where the fuck is opera? Verdi, Mascagni, Puccini, Mozart, Strauss...

Proper tunes they are, proper tunes. >:(