Today's Games

JH

Mark Hughes was left seething after a row with Cesc Fabregas at the end of Blackburn's FA Cup clash with Arsenal

Blackburn earned a replay as they battled to a 0-0 draw at Emirates Stadium, and Hughes claims he was confronted by Fabregas after the final whistle.

The Spaniard is alleged to have asked Hughes: "Did you really play for Barcelona?"

Hughes admits the Spaniard did later apologise, but he was disappointed with the teenager's lack of respect.

"I thought the boy showed disrespect to somebody who has won a lot more FA Cups than him," said the Blackburn boss.

"He came off the pitch and asked me if I had played for Barcelona and when I said that, yes I did, he said something to the effect of `that wasn't Barcelona football, was it ?"

Hughes felt his side had performed admirably in limiting Arsenal's chances, but paid tribute to Brad Friedel for the saves he made in the closing stages.

"I thought our performance merited a good deal of credit," he commented.

"We had six or seven senior players out injured or rested and the last time we came here we lost 6-2.

"We certainly didn't want that happening again and we did well to restrict a very good Arsenal side to just a few chances.

"Brad Friedel made some terrific saves at the end but for the most part he was not very busy.

"We have had nine of our last 11 games away from home and have done really well. It is another game now but we are glad to still be in the hat."

tbh, Cesc was quite polite playing that. Blackburn's tactics were absolute s***.

Goes to show that a little intelligence is more useful in getting under someone's skin than uttering a slur. Cheeky French get.

but slurs are so much easier.

&... Spanish.