NUFC related Quiz questions.....

pinkeye

I have a few interesting questions for you:

1) Who were Newcastle playing when they recorded their highest attendance of 68386?

2) Who holds the record for the most league and cup goals in a season?

3) What year did Newcastle record their first FA Cup victory?

4) Who were the opponents for above?

5) Which team stopped Newcastle's record unbeaten run at the start of the 1992/3 promotion season?

6) When Newcastle beat Royal Antwerp in the 1994 UEFA cup what was the aggregate score?

I can probably get a few more but, there's 6 to start off with to see who is the NUFC brain of the forum. (Or more likely who can get the answers off the internet the quickest!!)

1) Chelsea

2) Andy Cole

3) 1909?

4) Barnsley

5) Grimsby Town

6) 10-2

Very good, number 3 is 1910 but, all the rest spot on!!

9) What is Newcastle's record league victory?

10) Who was it against?

11) Who was Newcastle's first manager?

12) Which team did we sign Miandinha from?

• 3 months later...
Guest Geordiesned

From nufc.co.uk (so would the usual suspects who make sarcastic comments about football beginning before the Premiership please direct them to the club and not me  :D);

Name the ten players who have scored hat-tricks at St.James' Park (either for or against Newcastle and in any competition) since United entered the Premiership in 1993.

Guest JonnyRogers

Just worked that one out:

Tino v Barca

Shearer v Leicester, Sheff Weds and Bayer Levrkusen

Ferdinand v Wimbledon

Cole - scored a few

Beardsley v Wimbledon

Bellamy v Brentford (I think)

Dwight Yorke for Villa

Owen for Liverpool

Scholes for Man Urd

Kitson v Swansea

From nufc.co.uk (so would the usual suspects who make sarcastic comments about football beginning before the Premiership please direct them to the club and not me  :D);

Name the ten players who have scored hat-tricks at St.James' Park (either for or against Newcastle and in any competition) since United entered the Premiership in 1993.

Shearer

Cole

Asprilla

Ferdinand?

Kitson

Scholes

Yorke?

Andy Cole

Peter Beardsley

Les Ferdinand

Alan Shearer

Michael Owen

Dwight Yorke

Paul Scholes

I've just made this question up so one or two of the years may be wrong! But someone try and name Newcastle's first goal scorer in each of our seasons in the Premier League and who it was against...one's I know...the one's I'm not sure on are in italics.

1993-4 =

1994-5 = Beardsley v Leicester?

1995-6 = Lee v Coventry?

1996-7 =

1997-8 =

1998-9 =

1999-00 =

2000-01 =

2001-02 =

2002-03 =

2003-04 =

2004-05 = Bellamy v Boro?

2005-06 =

2006-07 =

I've just made this question up so one or two of the years may be wrong! But someone try and name Newcastle's first goal scorer in each of our seasons in the Premier League and who it was against...one's I know...the one's I'm not sure on are in italics.

1993-4 =

1994-5 = Beardsley v Leicester?

1995-6 = Lee v Coventry?

1996-7 =

1997-8 =

1998-9 =

1999-00 =

2000-01 =

2001-02 =

2002-03 =

2003-04 =

2004-05 = Bellamy v Boro?

2005-06 =

2006-07 =

Lee only scored one against Coventry. Beardsley scored a pen and Ferdinand scored the other goals. Bellamy didn't score a hat-trick past Boro. Can't remember both Leicester games in 94/95 now. Only remember the one where Beardsley done his cheekbone.