Newcastle boss Roeder to bid for West Ham star trio.

Guest super_shay1

Guest super_shay1

Newcastle United boss Glenn Roeder is planning a triple transfer raid on former club West Ham United.

The News of the World says Roeder is lining up bids for striker Dean Ashton, defender Anton Ferdinand and skipper Nigel Reo-Coker.

Roeder missed out on Ashton when he moved to Upton Park from Norwich for £7.25million last January.

And he sees Ferdinand as the answer to Toon's defensive problems.

Midfielder Reo-Coker has been earmarked as a possible replacement for Emre - as we revealed last week.

Roeder, though, will be working on a limited budget.

Just wondered what you all thought about this?

I think Ashton would be a good signing for us and possibly Reo-Coker, not keen on Ferdinand tho.

Sorry if anybody else has been mentioned it before.

Like Ashton but he seems worryingly too injury prone which we dont need more of.

Not really a fan of Ferdinand, makes blunders like Bambi......really want to see us get an established solid defender, not another young player with potential again.

Besides, this is from the NOTW, probably utter rubbish again

In sunday mirror says just Ashton

and also shepherd close to Owen compensation

9 million pound plus 10 million we had to spend to replace him also Fa are paying half of Owens wages

Got to be bollocks. If they are paying us because we have "replaced" him does that mean he wont play again or does that mean we have to give Oba back when Owen is fit again? :)

Dean Ashton is a must should he be availible. However, it wouldn't suprise me if fergy didn't fancy him up front with Rooney. Reo Coker is over rated and inconsistant which is a bad combination. His transfer would depend on the price. I think Ferdinand is a good defender and would be a great partner to Taylor, i am basing my opinion on the blinder he had a sjp.

Dean Ashton is a must should he be availible. However, it wouldn't suprise me if fergy didn't fancy him up front with Rooney. Reo Coker is over rated and inconsistant which is a bad combination. His transfer would depend on the price. I think Ferdinand is a good defender and would be a great partner to Taylor, i am basing my opinion on the blinder he had a sjp.

He did throw in a Bramble like blooper in that game aswell mind, if Titus isnt allowed to get away with it I can't imagine Anton lasting long without fans on his back!

Guest Ridzuan

I believe all the 3 players would be a great addition to the squad,but with our limited amount of cash,I cant see it happening unless West Ham are being relegated.

Ashton would be perfect, would give us another option up front next season. I can imagine an Ashton/Oba or Ashton/Owen partnership being very effectve in some occasions and Owen/Oba in others. Having them 3 and then Shola as the back-up would give us an excellent strike-force.

Reo-cokers got a bad attitude imo, wouldnt want him. Anton Ferdinand doesn't seem tough enough to be a quality central defender.

Guest andynufc84

Newcastle United boss Glenn Roeder is planning a triple transfer raid on former club West Ham United.

The News of the World says Roeder is lining up bids for striker Dean Ashton, defender Anton Ferdinand and skipper Nigel Reo-Coker.

Roeder missed out on Ashton when he moved to Upton Park from Norwich for £7.25million last January.

And he sees Ferdinand as the answer to Toon's defensive problems.

Midfielder Reo-Coker has been earmarked as a possible replacement for Emre - as we revealed last week.

Just wondered what you all thought about this?

I think Ashton would be a good signing for us and possibly Reo-Coker, not keen on Ferdinand tho.

Sorry if anybody else has been mentioned it before.

Glenn is off his rocker if he actually believes that

In sunday mirror says just Ashton

and also shepherd close to Owen compensation

9 million pound plus 10 million we had to spend to replace him also Fa are paying half of Owens wages

18 February 2007

NO RISKS FOR OWEN

By Brian McNally

NEWCASTLE chairman Freddy Shepherd has warned that Michael Owen won't be risked this season "if there is even a one per cent doubt" that he isn't fully recovered from the injury he suffered at last year's World Cup.

Shepherd is desperately hoping the striker will play some part in Newcastle's quest to win the UEFA Cup, but is adamant that no risks will be taken. And that could rule him out of England's World Cup qualifier in Estonia on June 6, a game some pundits have predicted would mark his international comeback.

Owen hasn't played since rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in Germany last June and has managed just 30 minutes in a Newcastle shirt since fracturing a metatarsal in a collision with Spurs and England keeper Paul Robinson in December 2005. Shepherd said: "Everyone in the country wants to see Michael back scoring goals and I am no different. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that both Newcastle and England have badly missed him.

"But after what he has been through over the last 14 months or so we are not going to put him under any pressure.

"Michael is making good progress and everyone is encouraged by the work he is now doing on the training ground and in the gym. But he will only resume playing when Michael, the medical staff and Glenn Roeder are sure that he is completely ready to play football again.

"Glenn and Steve McClaren will be doing cartwheels if he returns, but if there is even a one per doubt about his fitness his comeback will go on hold. The last thing he needs after two serious injuries is another setback."

Shepherd was in Switzerland this month for ongoing talks with FIFA over Newcastle's claim for compensation over the Owen injury.

The FA are paying half Owen's £100,000-a-week wages, but Newcastle are claiming £9million for the loss of the player's services and the fact that they had to pay £10m to secure Obafemi Martins as a replacement.

If Emre is going we need to replace him with a midfielder who scores, We dont have a midfielder who scores many goals and in todays games we need a midfielder who will chip in with a few goals. Look at the current top 5 teams and all the teams have a midfielder who scores.

i'd be pretty happy with those three - though i alse don't see ferdinand as the best solution to our defensive problems

and we'd still desperately need a left back.

sidwell, distin ben haim for free - a new left back and ashton, that would be a fantastic summer!

Guest eyeball_tickler

"Midfielder Reo-Coker has been earmarked as a possible replacement for Emre — as we revealed last week.

So he will need to raise funds with the sale of Emre and Spanish flop, £9.5million winger Albert Luque.

Scottish giants Celtic are also interested in full-back Stephen Carr, while Ipswich are likely to re-sign Titus Bramble on a free as he is out of contract in the summer."

there's the rest of it. good news about carr and titus  O0

More I think about it the more it is too much of a risk to spend £10m on Ashton.

The People also reckon Sibierski could be leaving after a row over his contract, tbh if we have any ambition no contract would be offered anyway!