Which mobile?

Guest andynufc84

Guest andynufc84

I'm looking to upgrade from my rather battered looking mobile phone.

Can anyone give me some advice about the best phone to go for at the minute, I ain't really got a clue on the subject.

I've been told Sony Ericsson are the best at the moment.

I'm after something a that is pretty much all sing and all dancing tbh, video, quality camera, bluetooth etc...

Ta

Guest andynufc84

Cheers for the replies, have rang my mobile provider about getting an upgrading - they were gonna try and charge £40 for the latest phone's on offer!

I'll be speaking to disconnections tomorrow, we shall see what they have to say!

• 3 weeks later...

K800i is brilliant, just remember to turn 3G off if you don't need it, saves me loads of battery time.

How do u turn the 3G off? iv just got the k800i as well. only thing that annoys me with the k800 is the music button takes u to a music site on your browser. I would much prefer it to load the media player! I had the w810i which was a pretty decent phone as well!

The music button should load the music player, are you pressing the right one? It's on the side, left of the screen.

To turn 3G off, go to Settings, Connectivity, Mobile networks, GSM/3G networks and set it to GSM only.

To turn 3G off, go to Settings, Connectivity, Mobile networks, GSM/3G networks and set it to GSM only.

Bliddy hell, i'd been wondering what that icon on the top left of the screen was, had the phone more than a month aswell.

:lol:

If you had a W810i, looks like you are pressing the web button...

yeah i am pushing the web button but its just annoying because on the w810 it loaded the actual media player. The button on the left of the phone just resumes playback rather than actually loading the player itself. Suppose I'm just gonna have to get used to it.

Cheers for the help btw

Does anybody have the k800i on the 3 network? can you browse the internet for free? When i turned the phone on for the first time there was a globe icon in the top left which made me think it was permanently online, but my mate told me thats normal!

just realised the phone doesnt have a light as well!!!!grrr

Aye, and no voice recorder. Those omissions f*** me off.

how annoying! makes up for it though with an immense camera!

just realised the phone doesnt have a light as well!!!!grrr

Aye, and no voice recorder. Those omissions f*** me off.

do u mean the sound recorder thing? Mine has one in Entertainment > Record sound!

The music button should load the music player, are you pressing the right one? It's on the side, left of the screen.

Hmmmm, just went to Mobile networks and the only option I had was Select Network. I clicked that and it listed all the usual networks, there are 3 called 3 which is my network! The one that is set on mine is the little 3G symbol over a house symbol, the other is some weird somewhat rude looking icon kinda like this:

(|)

/'\

and the other one is just the 3G symbol, I'm reckonin one is GSM/3G, one is GSM only and the other is 3G only. Dunno if I should change it though!