The big summer transfer temptation

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Do we do a SBR and spend big on one or two dynamic players (ala a Robert and Bellamy) to rapidly take us up a notch or two or do we build from the back and do a Gullit, sign mainly defenders to build slowly? Neither will guarantee success remember - you choose.

Presuming we sign Onyewu, i'd like us to sign another centre half, a left back, a central midfielder and a striker.

I agree with that, I'd add a right back too even if it's only a young back up to Nobby, just so we can move Carr on.

Guest andynufc84

Presuming we sign Onyewu, i'd like us to sign another centre half, a left back, a central midfielder and a striker.

I'm the same as this, plus I would like to see a new right back as well. Nobby can't do the job forever.

Guest andynufc84

'Do a Gullit'? No, ta.

In the trasnfer market, sign lots of defenders or try and rebuild the back-four.

Aye fair enough, but they have to better than Marcelino, Goma and Dumas

Guest andynufc84

We definately need a quality, creative central midfield player. Someone who can dictate the pace and who can proide that spark from the middle. And this player must be able to play alongside Parker.

Guest andynufc84

Curtis Davies

Wayne Bridge

Giles Barnes

Dean Ashton

Ben Haim

Distin

Dusher

Viduka

We need LB,CD,CM(2 if we sell Emre),Striker

Think Emre will definately leave the club

say we get distin....i would say ontop of that we would need a left back, central midfielder b/c emre looks set for turkey, and i'm not sure if we need a striker. at the start of next year looking like we'll have owen, martins, ameobi, and sibs with dyer being able to play up front.  a decent striker in the range of 2-4 million would do me fine. the reason i don't say we need a new RB assuming we get distin is because we have nobby, and taylor looks the best right back we have anywhoo

given,

taylor/salano, onyewu, distin, new LB/babayaro

along with bramble, huntington, ramage, and edgar for numbers

Guest andynufc84

The fact is that until we sort out our defensive shortcomings, we will go absolutely nowhere

Quality CB and LB required please

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

With Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sibiersky and Dyer as forward options we really dont need to spent our money on a new striker! We could surely use those money better in other areas of the team....

We can talk to the Summer Bosmans now cant we? TBH we should be talking to there agents and get a contract sorted so they'll sign the day they are available.

Worst thing is they call them free transfers but they get a huge signing on fee, Im sure i read somewhere that Davids got £2m for siging for Spurs.

Guest andynufc84

The fact is that until we sort out our defensive shortcomings, we will go absolutely nowhere

Quality CB and LB required please

Distin

Can play both at CB and LB+he wont cost anything

Aye, so Bramble, Baba and Ramage out.

Distin in, then break the bank to sign another quality CB and LB

Hence the squad improves a million %

However I don't think it will work out like that

Guest sicko2ndbest

This would massively improve our squad:

LB: Baines(4m)

RB: Barnes(3m)

CD: Woodgate(4m), Gooch(2m)

CM: Sidwell(free), Reo Coker (5m)

CF: Bent(10m)

28m

Out

Carr(1m), Emre(6m), Moore(free)

7m

Obviously depends how much FS is prepared to spend

.....................................................................Given/Harps/Krul.........................................................................................

Nobby/Barnes...............................Taylor/Woodgate/Gooch/Bramble...............................................Baines/Babayaro

Milner/Lua Lua...................................Parker/Butt/Sidwell/Reo Coker..................................................Duff/Zog

....................................................Owen/Martins/Bent/Ameobi/Sibierski......................................................................

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

This would massively improve our squad:

LB: Baines(4m)

RB: Barnes(3m)

CD: Woodgate(4m), Gooch(2m)

CM: Sidwell(free), Reo Coker (5m)

CF: Bent(10m)

28m

Out

Carr(1m), Emre(6m), Moore(free)

7m

Obviously depends how much FS is prepared to spend

.....................................................................Given/Harps/Krul.........................................................................................

Nobby/Barnes...............................Taylor/Woodgate/Gooch/Bramble...............................................Baines/Babayaro

Milner/Lua Lua...................................Parker/Butt/Sidwell/Reo Coker..................................................Duff/Zog

....................................................Owen/Martins/Bent/Ameobi/Sibierski......................................................................

Where is Dyer in your plans?