Stats for the new batch of strikers

Guest kingdawson

Guest kingdawson

ok having just looked at the stats for all the new strikers that have moved to premership clubs, i found some interesting things out. Here we go:

Stats

Johnson (palace to everton 8 mill)

started 27 games,   substiute appearances 0,   goals 10

Shevchenko (milan to chelsea 30 mill ;D)

started 28 games,   substitute appearances 8,   goals 10

Mccarthy (porto to blackburn 2.5 mill)

started 34 games,   substitute appearances 2,   goals 15

Kuyt (Feyenord to Liverpool 10 mill)

started 27 games,   substitute appearances 6,   goals 10

Bellamy (Blackburn to liverpool 6 mill)

started 24 games,   substitute appearances 7,   goals 8

Berbatov (Bayer to spurs 10.9 mill)

started 27 games,  substitute appearances 5,   goals 14

Martins (Inter to Toon 10 mill)

started 30 games,   substitute appearances 3,   goals 13

Kanu ( West Brom to pompey free)

started 22 games,  substite appearances 5,   goals 12

Anelka (Fenerbache to Bolton 8mill)

Started 27 games,  substitute appearances 1,   goals 8

Sibierski (Man city to Toon free)

started 18 games,  substitute appearances 12,  goals 8

So having taken a look at these stats, who do you honestly think has been the best signing in terms of value for money, goals, and overall ability??? and who's been the least impressive?

Guest Ridzuan

I agree that Kanu is the most impressive player since the start of the season.He has surprised me a lot this season with him performance.He was poor for last few seasonso or so and suddenly,BANG! he starts to score goals regularly.I still wonder if he could continue his good form this season to the next.Martins comes next.The lest impressive for me would be Schevchenko.30 million is a lot of money and I dont think 10 goals is right for that kind of money that Chelsea paid for his service.

The stats are a bit miss leading when you consider they list just the goals and not who they was against.

or how they played...i've seen forwards play shit,score twice and be man of the match when they've been the worst player on the pitch.

The stats are a bit miss leading when you consider they list just the goals and not who they was against.

or how they played...i've seen forwards play s***,score twice and be man of the match when they've been the worst player on the pitch.

And the fact that Oba has made 29 apperances not 30.

http://www.nufc.com/2006-07html/app-goals.html

Guest kingdawson

or how they played...i've seen forwards play s***,score twice and be man of the match when they've been the worst player on the pitch.

And the fact that Oba has made 29 apperances not 30.

http://www.nufc.com/2006-07html/app-goals.html

That table also says he has 12 goals when he has 13.

Guest kingdawson

Why have you not included Sibierski? His record compares favourably to every single one of them.

honestly forgot about him. Ill add him if you really want me to.

Why have you not included Sibierski? His record compares favourably to every single one of them.

Not really. I was just making the point that a player can not play particularly well, or score a lot of cup goals, and then stats can be made to look good.

An interesting question would be how many important goals have players scored, particularly in the league. I can't be arsed to work it out like.

Guest kingdawson

Not really. I was just making the point that a player can not play particularly well, or score a lot of cup goals, and then stats can be made to look good.

An interesting question would be how many important goals have players scored, particularly in the league. I can't be arsed to work it out like.

I think i should add him tbh. Sibierski manages to find the net on a regular basis no matter who the opposition is. I could understand if most of he's goals were in a lesser competition like the carling cup but scoring goals in Europe is not an easy task.

I think i should add him tbh. Sibierski manages to find the net on a regular basis no matter who the opposition is. I could understand if most of he's goals were in a lesser competition like the carling cup but scoring goals in Europe is not an easy task.

I think it's the easiest of all the competitions to score in, the competition is atrocious, plus you play a vast amount more games than other cups.

Feel free to add him though, goal-wise he's done a bloody good job for us with zero expectation.

Anelka (Fenerbache to Bolton 8mill)

Started 27 games,  substitute appearances 1,  goals 8

Sibierski (Man city to Toon free)

started 18 games,  substitute appearances 12,  goals 8

That puts the Sib's contribution into perspective for me.

no it doesn't...it's got little to do with goals,but how well the player plays and how well the team plays with that player in.