Nobby targets Toon stay

Guest Ridzuan

Guest Ridzuan
Nolberto Solano has revealed he is eager to thrash out a new contract with Newcastle.

The Peruvian is one of the most popular figures on Tyneside, having spent the last eight years with Newcastle aside from an 18-month stint at Aston Villa.

Solano has proved his versatility this term, having slotted in at right-back due to an injury crisis, and he is content with how his career is progressing in the North East of England.

"I would like a new contract because I would love to stay at Newcastle," the 32-year-old winger told the Daily Express. "I'm just waiting to hear back from the club.

"I think they are happy with me and the manager is happy with me, but we are taking it slowly.

"I would like to finish my career at Newcastle. I love it here.

"I would definitely find it difficult to play for another club in England.

"I don't know if this is my last club, but I could end my career here if the club want me."

Solano's present contract is due to expire in the summer, but Newcastle have the option to extend his commitment by a further 12 months.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=449109&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Nobby+targets+Toon+stay

So what do you think? Should we give him a new contract or not.For me,I think he truly deserve it  for his performance this season and I would love to see him ending his career with us as well.But the new contract should not be for too long just like Sibierski.

Nolberto Solano has revealed he is eager to thrash out a new contract with Newcastle.

The Peruvian is one of the most popular figures on Tyneside, having spent the last eight years with Newcastle aside from an 18-month stint at Aston Villa.

Solano has proved his versatility this term, having slotted in at right-back due to an injury crisis, and he is content with how his career is progressing in the North East of England.

"I would like a new contract because I would love to stay at Newcastle," the 32-year-old winger told the Daily Express. "I'm just waiting to hear back from the club.

"I think they are happy with me and the manager is happy with me, but we are taking it slowly.

"I would like to finish my career at Newcastle. I love it here.

"I would definitely find it difficult to play for another club in England.

"I don't know if this is my last club, but I could end my career here if the club want me."

Solano's present contract is due to expire in the summer, but Newcastle have the option to extend his commitment by a further 12 months.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=449109&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Nobby+targets+Toon+stay

So what do you think? Should we give him a new contract or not.For me,I think he truly deserve it  for his performance this season and I would love to see him ending his career with us as well.But the new contract should not be for too long just like Sibierski.

Why not?

I would love it if he plays for us until he is 34-35 as long as he is able to play at this high level

Having Nobby at the club is worthwhile on a number of levels:

He can read the game better than anyone else at the club and is good for the development of other players.  I would like to see him finish his playing career here then move into a coaching role.  He is also a very decent player who can fill a number of positions and he clearly loves the club as well as the area!!

Finally he is the only player I would rely on to score a penalty under pressure out of our whole playing staff, he never seems to be phased.

He should be allowed to stay as long as he wants to.

i'd give him a contract until 34 tbh - seems in good shape and all.

he's always been a great favourite of mine, and i think his moving into rb could extend he career at top level as well.

He fully deserves a new contract. The way hes played at right back of late has been fantastic and can only help some of the youngsters learn a thing or two.

His positioning and reading of the game has got us out of many possibly dodgy situations.

Give wor Nobby a years contract, anything to keep Stephen Carr out of the team! >:D

Arguably in the top echelons of the most important players to have played for us in the Premiership, I can't think of many who have given us better value for money than the little Peruvian. What a signing at £2.7m, fair play to Kenny - I didn't know he was meant to sign for Arsenal before us, as well, we stepped in as they dallied.

Love the little bloke and would happily have him here for another 12 months, I'd give him another year on top of that for reduced terms as well if he would accept it.

PS: He stinks though, genuinely. Served him a few times last season and he was HUMMING - seemed to have a fetish for chicken and blue Extra chewing gum as well.

He fully deserves a new contract. The way hes played at right back of late has been fantastic and can only help some of the youngsters learn a thing or two.

His positioning and reading of the game has got us out of many possibly dodgy situations.

Give wor Nobby a years contract, anything to keep Stephen Carr out of the team! >:D

What the wisp said. Credit to the club and himself. Bar his wifee incidents.

Guest Sniffer

Teams like arse have a policy of not giving long extensions to players over 30. I think we should adopt this as well as a rolling one year keeps them motivated and pays for performance. I doubt if a 35 year old solano would add much to the team if we want to be anything other than also rans.

Solano & Sibby should be given 1 year extensions, and only that.

If they prove they are still good enough the following season we can offer the same deal again.

Keeps them on their toes, and us not committed to an aging star who could lose it at anytime soon.

Teams like arse have a policy of not giving long extensions to players over 30. I think we should adopt this as well as a rolling one year keeps them motivated and pays for performance. I doubt if a 35 year old solano would add much to the team if we want to be anything other than also rans.

Until we buy players better and sell off the players worse than a 35 year old Solano we arent in that position.

Would be a bit of an insult is Le Sib got an extension and he didn't. I'd probably offer them both one year at this stage, with an option for a second year on Nobby's. Seems a good person to have at the club, particularly with a footballing brain like his.