Charlton Away

Guest WalkervilleMag

i think i might go if its on sunday as i am still thinkin of whether or not to go to alkmaar if they get through.

how did you find out it was on the sunday as we dont know if we are playing on the wednesday or thursday in the second leg yet

i think i might go if its on sunday as i am still thinkin of whether or not to go to alkmaar if they get through.

Charlton is one of the best away trips, in my opinion. nice drinking nearby, nice little atmospheric stadium, none of the knucklehead fans you seem to find at most London grounds for some reason.

They do have a few chav kids that sometimes hang around the station but nothing worse than anywhere else. Right near the station aswell which is handy. I like Charlton and their fans, will be a shame when they go down.

There's a post in the middle of the away end, so a vast number of the tickets are labelled Restricted View, but unless you end up standing directly behind it, it really isn't too bad.

Good point re the station, too. They always seem to make sure there's a train stood waiting both ways as soon as the match ends, which is a surprising sign of intelligence on the part of the train companies.