Roeder "We need fans!!"

Skirge

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~984064,00.html

Glenn: We Need Fans

By Craig Hope

GLENN Roeder has urged the Toon Army to come out in force for Thursday's UEFA Cup second leg against SV Zulte Waregem.

The Magpies lead 3-1 after an impressive display in Belgium last week, and Roeder wants as many Geordies as possible to get behind the team for the return game at St.James' Park.

The United boss told nufc.co.uk: "It was a good win over there, but the tie is far from over and we still have a very important job to do on Thursday.

"It would be great to see the fans come out in force because there is no doubt about it, when they are behind us it's like having an extra man.

"The fans were excellent against Man Utd and Liverpool this year and that showed with two good results."

Newcastle go into the game with a two goal advantage thanks to an own goal from Frederic Dineleux and strikes from Oba Martins and Antoine Sibierski.

The reward for overcoming the Belgians will be a Round of 16 clash against AZ Alkmaar or Fenerbahce.

Its been poor this season at SJP and Glenn knows when we are 3-1 up from the away leg  and its on TV that not to many are going to turn out.

Shame really but its true enough, at one time every home game was a full house..

Guest WalkervilleMag

I think the fans who have been to ALL the home intertoto and Uefa Cup games this season, should get priority in uefa cup final tickets

Guest icemanblue

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~984064,00.html

Glenn: We Need Fans

By Craig Hope

GLENN Roeder has urged the Toon Army to come out in force for Thursday's UEFA Cup second leg against SV Zulte Waregem.

The Magpies lead 3-1 after an impressive display in Belgium last week, and Roeder wants as many Geordies as possible to get behind the team for the return game at St.James' Park.

The United boss told nufc.co.uk: "It was a good win over there, but the tie is far from over and we still have a very important job to do on Thursday.

"It would be great to see the fans come out in force because there is no doubt about it, when they are behind us it's like having an extra man.

"The fans were excellent against Man Utd and Liverpool this year and that showed with two good results."

Newcastle go into the game with a two goal advantage thanks to an own goal from Frederic Dineleux and strikes from Oba Martins and Antoine Sibierski.

The reward for overcoming the Belgians will be a Round of 16 clash against AZ Alkmaar or Fenerbahce.

Roeder "We need fans (money)!!"

If the fans are needed that badly, why not lower the prices? Idiots.

They have to make it affordable then it will fill up.

I would pay the petrol money and make the long round trip from the midlands with my 2 lads if I was not going to be mugged for the cost of tickets to get in.

without a shadow of a doubt these tickets should be 5quid for bairns, 10quid for adults and maybe 8 for adults L7. While 20quid is alot cheaper than a league game, its nowhere near good enough for Zulte Waregem when we're already 3-1 up!

Guest Gemmill

I'm not going.  Cancelled my DD membership after they took the cash for the Birmingham replay.  Until they stop taking the piss for matches like this, they can cock off.

Guest TampaToon

or maybe glenn's a manager of a football team who happens to like it when fans are cheering his team on. the man's expressed any manager's desire, diabolical chairman with ties to the Axis of Evil or not. give him a break and take it at face value for once.

or maybe glenn's a manager of a football team who happens to like it when fans are cheering his team on. the man's expressed any manager's desire, diabolical chairman with ties to the Axis of Evil or not. give him a break and take it at face value for once.

Or maybe he's trying to use some emotional blackmail in anticipation of a truly woeful (and understandably so) turn out for this one.

Me, the wife, the bairn and a couple of friends are going.

As per every other home match (apart from Birmingham - thankfully I was working).

Still can't believe the wife has started watching the football - think she has realised it is the only way she gets to see me and the bairn!!

Guest Gemmill

I'll be there but only because I forgot to cancel the bl**dy DD after that robbery of a Birmingham replay!! >:(

That was the final straw for me like.  January, everybody's skint, and all of a sudden you're hit with that because the useless fuckers can't beat a 10-man team from the Championship.  I bet that one ended up costing a good few people closer to £50 - £20 for the match ticket and £30 for going overdrawn in the long month after Christmas.

And then to top it all off they go and get fucking shat on 5-1 at SJP.  Thankfully I made the decision to stop at home that night.

This is the first home game of the season that I am going to have to miss because of work commitments.  Really sick to be honest.  I won't even be able to watch it on teevee as I will be in Glasgow in a business meeting all evening.

I will have my phone on silent to get updates of the score etc!!