Roeder "We need fans!!"

Skirge

Guest Gemmill

What kind of support is that? £35 for a league game - no complaint! £20 for a cup game and you all start blaming the price for you not going. Your not there to watch the other team, your there to support Newcastle.

People complain about how the tea play but how are they supposed to believe in therself if the fans don't?!?!

Theres a club 10 miles down the road for people like you!!!

Oh do be quiet. The amount of money i've put in the NUFC coffers over they years is staggering and that applies to a lot of people i know. Its their choice if after years of let downs, they decide to give one unappealing Thursday night game a miss for one reason or another.

Thats what is called crap support. I don't care how much you've put into them in the past. This isn't the past!

I can't be sure, but I bet you live at home with mammy and daddy.

Guest micmania1

Thats what I hat emost bluestar! We were already through when we went to play frankfurt. We are obviously going to go through here but whats different? Your supposed to support Newcastle, not the other team. Support starts at home!

Because I enjoyed following the team to Frankfurt more than I would have enjoyed watching it on the telly, and I'll enjoy being in the pub more than I'll enjoy sitting in an empty stadium watching the defence pass it around for 90 minutes.  Especially when you have to pay £20 for the privillage, something that becomes a factor when you buy your own tickets.  The club isn't a charity.

Guest micmania1

What did say? I said if you really can't afford it after planning ahead then fair enough. If your in that bracket, anything i've said doesn't concern you does it?

Last season on £25 a week i saved up for an adult ST, went to every home game and 7 away games.

All you need to do is have the sense to plan ahead.

Guest micmania1

Because I enjoyed following the team to Frankfurt more than I would have enjoyed watching it on the telly, and I'll enjoy being in the pub more than I'll enjoy sitting in an empty stadium watching the defence pass it around for 90 minutes.  Especially when you have to pay £20 for the privillage, something that becomes a factor when you buy your own tickets.  The club isn't a charity.

And the stadium is empty because the tickets are £15 cheaper than a league game and part timers like you.

I've told you, I have £20 but it's not worth £20.  There are better things I can spend it on, things you'll realise when you have outgoings.  How did you earn the cash for your season ticket and away games, paper rounds?

Tbh £15 isnt too bad for European football. You would pay that for a seat at a League One match. In fact i did a few seasons back down at Bristol City when they hsoted Notts County

I watched Real Madrid at the Benabeu (Champs League game) a few seasons back when they were in their prime for   5 quid, and the seats were not in the heavens.

Ridiculous how much we get charged over here but we still end up paying the prices

These games are just miserable. A row to yourself in a practically empty stadium, zero atmosphere and freezing cold. The price of tickets and quality of play doesn't help either. I do go, but I don't look forward to them and certainly wouldn't blame anybody who decides against it. Can only hope this one's better than the Birmingham one.

Guest Gemmill

What did say? I said if you really can't afford it after planning ahead then fair enough. If your in that bracket, anything i've said doesn't concern you does it?

Last season on £25 a week i saved up for an adult ST, went to every home game and 7 away games.

:lol:  Nowt like being patronised about financial planning by a 17 year old kid.  If I'm short on my mortgage payment will you help me with some of your pocket money?

Aye, part timer. Didn't feel it in Germany, or Birmingham away, or every home game when I'm not at work earning my season ticket money, or when I was sitting watching s*** in the Ardiles and Smith days week in, week out.  Although saying that it was much easier to stomach paying to watch crap back then when it came out of pocket money instead of wages as I'm sure you know...

:lol:  Nowt like being patronised about financial planning by a 17 year old kid.  If I'm short on my mortgage payment will you help me with some of your pocket money?

Selfish bastard - paying the mortgage & feeding the kids when you could be at a glorified friendly in the middle of february? Son of a bitch.

Guest micmania1

1st of all I do have to pay for it myself.

2nd of all - bluestar i was going to say "I bet the other away games you went to were:

Birmingham

Man City

Blackburn

Villa

Fulham"

but thought that was too many for a PTS.

You see - its these sort of games PTS's go to. 3k to frankfurt but only 650 - 1k to belgium? Part time at its best!

What do you do to earn that money if you don't mind me asking?  Seems quite a lot of lawns to mow and cars to wash.

Like I say, once you have commitments and yer mam stops cooking your dinner you might think a bit differently.  Most adults don't go to matches for the purpose of ticking them off on their soopafan wallchart  like collecting pokemon.

I bet the next insult is "I bet you don't even go and hang around the ground to talk to Sky Sports News on signing days."   Can't remember these kind of mongs pre-Keegan...

Guest Gemmill

What I want to know is how this lad was able to afford a season ticket, went to EVERY home game, and 7 away games on £25 a week.  I'm not sad enough to sit and do the maths, but that sounds an awful lot like horseshit to me.

Guest micmania1

Well I only had to pay for kids tickets last season. £15 per game. £25 a week is £1200 a year or there abouts + xmas bonuses I got.

At the moment I work in a pillow factory but thats just while I learn web design at home. 

I like how your trying to turn this on me. Your the one not going to the game, not me. there is no reason your not goin gother than you only turn up when it suits you, just like a sunderland fan, otherwise known as a part timer.

Never mind, maybe they don't have it any more.  The fact is I'm time poor.  I work a lot of nights and weekends and my lass works 9-5, I have to juggle seeing her (well seeing her awake) with seeing my mates going to matches, work and all the other stuff you have to do when you're grown up.  I don't have enough free time to go and see every mean-nothing match, every training session, testamonial and player unveiling and I'm not going to be told by some bum-fluffed semi-literate gobshite whose commitments mostly include tidying his room that I've got to go otherwise I'm not a proper fan. 

i follow the team as close as possible, but i do have a life outside of it. even if i could go to games i certainly wouldn't go to all of them unless i was comfortable enough financially.  people need to eat.

Guest micmania1

Never mind, maybe they don't have it any more.  The fact is I'm time poor.  I work a lot of nights and weekends and my lass works 9-5, I have to juggle seeing her (well seeing her awake) with seeing my mates going to matches, work and all the other stuff you have to do when you're grown up.  I don't have enough free time to go and see every mean-nothing match, every training session, testamonial and player unveiling and I'm not going to be told by some bum-fluffed semi-literate gobshite that I've got to go otherwise I'm not a proper fan.

1) You have the money

2) You are watching it on telly

Both time and money but your still not supporting your team?

You have the time and money to go to frankfurt but not 2 hrs and £20 to go to a Uefa cup home game which means more to the club as we are not yet officially through.

Like I said before, support starts at home.

Yes, I'll be in the pub killing two birds with one stone seeing my lass and catching up with mates I've been promising to see for weeks without spending £20 and having to spend hours getting in and out of Newcastle. I bet my left bollock the atmosphere is better in the pub an all.  When I was 17 I'd have been at this match (Cos I went to all the home european matches), sat next to my Dad, bovril in hand just like you will be gurning at the 5 camera in your black and white jester hat.

Never mind, maybe they don't have it any more.  The fact is I'm time poor.  I work a lot of nights and weekends and my lass works 9-5, I have to juggle seeing her (well seeing her awake) with seeing my mates going to matches, work and all the other stuff you have to do when you're grown up.  I don't have enough free time to go and see every mean-nothing match, every training session, testamonial and player unveiling and I'm not going to be told by some bum-fluffed semi-literate gobshite that I've got to go otherwise I'm not a proper fan.

1) You have the money

2) You are watching it on telly

Both time and money but your still not supporting your team?

You have the time and money to go to frankfurt but not 2 hrs and £20 to go to a Uefa cup home game which means more to the club as we are not yet officially through.

Like I said before, support starts at home.

get a proper fucking 9-5 job mate and see how willing you are to spend an unenjoyable 3 hours going to and sitting at a match. Not to mention the fucking cost, once you've grown a fucking set and worked on the ships with BlueStar & Me, then you'll fucking know a days work. We've barely enough time to meet GeJon for a pint after, especially with the pits thesedays. Dangerous buggers.