Ticket Prices for Next Season.

pinkeye

Some clubs have already announced that they plan to reduce season ticket prices for next season as well as reducing the gate price for individual games because of the new sponsorship deal the Premier League have brokered.  All Premier League teams will recieve far higher prize money (based on league position) than ever before.

What are the chances of our prices being reduced?  Probably zero but, maybe a small token of keeping the prices the same as this year will be offered.

Just for those that do not know about the deal:  Richard Scudamore of the Premier League has negotiated a deal that means the team finishing top of the Premiership will win £50m over and above any teevee money they receive during the course of a season.  On top of this even the relegated teams will receive around £30m (almost double what they would have received last in 2006 for finishing bottom).  The amount awarded is incremental and proportionate to the position the team finishes in the league.

Attendances have dropped though.  We have had a number of sub 50k in the Premiership and loads of low turnouts for the cup games.

We used to have a waiting list of more than 11k people waiting for season tickets, that list has gone and for the first time in may years we have been selling half season tickets.

The writing is on the wall for the club, we are a very expensive team to support and we should get something back!!

The thing most people fail to realise about the scarves is that usually when you renew your ticket you get a voucher for the club shop (£10).  There was no voucher this year with the promise of a quality scarf on the first home match. 

Obviously the scarf didn't materialise until well into the season and the distribution of said scarves was nothing short of shambolic but, that is another story.

Fuck all chance our ticket prices will go down IMO. If we were going to do it, this season would/should've been the one if they had any sense with all the shit cup games we've played and home friendlys for the first time in years n all.

Guest Bramble OG

i cant see it going down maybe staying the same again though, would be nice if they offerd some sort of discount on home cup tickets for season ticket holders

My mate works in the ticket office, and he's just sent me this.  They're reducing the prices  :o

Sir John Hall and Newcastle Brown Stands - Adult £451 Senior £427 Child £269

Milburn Paddock, East Stand & Paddock - Adult £547, Senior £459, Child £300

Sir John Hall Stand Level 7 - Adult £398 (Row F £338) Senior £342 (Row F £286)  Child £238 (Row F £211)

Platinum Club - Adult £688 Senior £592 Child £N/A

Milburn Stand Level 7 - Adult £559 (Row F £479) Senior £469 (Row F £408) Child £307 (Row F £261)

My mate works in the ticket office, and he's just sent me this.  They're reducing the prices  :o

Sir John Hall and Newcastle Brown Stands - Adult £451 Senior £427 Child £269

Milburn Paddock, East Stand & Paddock - Adult £547, Senior £459, Child £300

Sir John Hall Stand Level 7 - Adult £398 (Row F £338) Senior £342 (Row F £286)  Child £238 (Row F £211)

Platinum Club - Adult £688 Senior £592 Child £N/A

Milburn Stand Level 7 - Adult £559 (Row F £479) Senior £469 (Row F £408) Child £307 (Row F £261)

It is only right really and I for one am very happy about this, it's only about £40-£50 but, normally I would have expected about the same amount as an increase so in reality it is about £100 below the amount it theoretically could have been per seat.

Good!!