Next season what are you doing?

Stevie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wenger's overrated tbh

he's a man who went out of all competitions in 10 days and bottled a major final last year. Aye, that sounds like a typical Newcastle manager to me

Lauding him as some fucking genius for scrabbling around africa for young talent is ridiculous, for one he has to do it becasue he can't afford to look at europe, secondly, half of africa speaks french and have relatives in France ffs

genius my arse. 5 points above Bolton and hanging onto 4th place is what he is

he's a fucking whinging blind cunt to boot

You're the biggest prick I've seen on the internet.  Bar none.  I'll not explain why, but I will explain why Wenger is the best manager in football today, when I wake up in 6 hours.

Invicta, Wenger has completely transformed Arsenal football club from top to bottom - first team, youth developoment, scouting, he even specified features of the new stadium. You don't find many managers with his level of foresight, intelligence and a clear football philosophy.

To say he's overrated is ridiculous IMO.

Wenger's overrated tbh

he's a man who went out of all competitions in 10 days and bottled a major final last year. Aye, that sounds like a typical Newcastle manager to me

Lauding him as some f****** genius for scrabbling around africa for young talent is ridiculous, for one he has to do it becasue he can't afford to look at europe, secondly, half of africa speaks french and have relatives in France ffs

he's a f****** whinging blind c*** to boot

So, Wenger is cr*p, and its impossible to be relegated from the position we are in now.

What is your way forward for NUFC? Seen as it seems very different to everyone else... reckon you could take over and do a job?

Guest andynufc84

I think there's every reason to be optimistic for the future.  I feel more optimistic now than at any time since Souness took over.  Next season we have Michael Owen coming back, we surely will strengthen particularly at the back, and there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 6.

:lol:

mackems.gif

You know what, I wear my heart on my sleeve, when I wrote that I tried to ignore our deficiencies and look at how well we were doing.  If being optimistic and looking on the bright side of things regarding the club I love is a sin, I'm a sinner.

What I don't need is some Scottish arsehole from Edinburgh who supports two sides, with character so weak he's bullied day in day out in his call centre job taking the piss.

The sad reality is though fans voting with our feet will happen but not to the extent that it will dislodge Shepherd. There's no tangible waiting list now, it was 15-20,000 apparently before Souness, and having jacked the book last year, I don't care where we are I will be getting it back next season. It hurts me to say I'm part of a big matrix, he knows he's got me, and he's got many more. If the Toon only average 42 or 43,000 next season which is a possibility I can only imagine the abuse we as fans will get but how much do we have to take?

I really feel sad about Newcastle, I honestly do. I give it the big bravado all of the time "we're moving in the right direction, things are looking great, we still make £90m a year, we've got England internationals, Roeder's doing alright." I delude myself into a comfort zone all of the time. No disrespect to Guvs, Manchester City are s***. They didn't dominate the game, but were worthy winners, so what does that say about us? The best player on the pitch, I saw in the flesh in 2000, at Euro 2000 in Brussels, and he scored an unreal goal, yet he was the only quality on the pitch, he's not a City player yet, and we should sign him. I mean it as well, we should sign him.

Now what a come down from the last few years for us though against Man City up here. The last twice we've played Charlton at home have been 0-0 non-events two of the most boring games in the last decade, now yes your ill-informed will say "you've won f*** all for 38 year why whinge now" but we pay top four transfer fees, top four wages, get top four attendances, is it not right we should expect at least a genuine fuckin fight at home to Man City and Charlton?!?! we're a victim of our own expectation in many ways, but f****** hell, look at Wenger 10 years at Arsenal making the f****** club a profit, Dein running it well, f****** gaining a world wide fan base comparable to anyone in 10 f****** years, yet Fatty I know best "and will never appoint another foreign manager after Gullit" has killed us.

"Look at the toon's youth system". I'll open myself right up here, by saying 5 of the best 7 English players of the last 25 year have come from within 8 miles of Newcastle. Yet where are they now. Who has Tyneside produced in the last 5 years? Carrick is a good player yes. Did he slip though the net? Yes. Taylor shows signs of being a top class, but in centre half terms he's a baby who's prone to mistakes. That really is it since Shearer, who was another who slipped through the youth system. Clarkie and Stevie Watson were class players, they were, but they never achieved what their abilities should've demanded. So of the current crop of geordies all that has come through, and f*** Chopra never good enough, is Carrick and he slipped through the net.

Of Bryan Robson, Waddle, Gazza, Beardsley and Shearer only Gazza was caught before anyone could get him, and in a football area which has equals, like Manchester and Glasgow in terms of importance of the game on peoples lives, but no piers, that is a disgrace. In 2007 it hasn't changed.  We have some decent youths coming though, but you know yourself when a good youngun is coming through a clubs ranks, everyone hears about it years before they get to the first team squad about what a world beater they could be. We evidently have no one like that.

We're in 2007 and fat fuckin Freddie insists he'll never appoint a foreign coach. All of the top clubs now, have youth systems teaming with foreign talent, 15, 16, 17 from Africa, all over Europe, America and why is that? Because people like Wenger know the key thing is to developing new talent is to cast the net as far as they can. We can't rely on Tyneside as a fishing field anymore, if you've got a s*** net, all you're going to catch is fuckin empty tins of coke, and fuckin tadpoles. If you've got a big quality net you're going to get the big fish, and Wenger appreciated this a long long time ago. Look at the players Wenger grabbed off the streets virtually (some via the clubs links with Beveren which he's heavily involved with)....George Weah, Petit, Eboue, Toure, fuckin Henry from the french football school. Many people mentioned it a while ago, the toon need and always have needed a top manager to take us to the top. The best managers historically in English football have always been Scottish, certainly in the last 50 years, there are no great Scottish managers anymore other than Fergie, the last great English manager was Robson, it's time to look for a foreign manager, and we should start using Arsenal as the template to being a brilliant club. Not just us, but every team that strives to be fantastic. The only way I can think of that we're better than Arsenal is our fans are probably more passionate, apart from that, they are the epitome of what I want us to become, I might sound fickle, and I've backed Roeder, but until we get a top foreign manager to change our ideas we'll be trailing in their wake.

:clap:

This is the best post i've read on here

To me its somes up how we are totally f***** with Freddy Shepherd as chairman

Guest Invicta_Toon

Invicta, Wenger has completely transformed Arsenal football club from top to bottom - first team, youth developoment, scouting, he even specified features of the new stadium. You don't find many managers with his level of foresight, intelligence and a clear football philosophy.

apart from say Sam Allardyce, who's is coincidentally just 5 points below

I don't see any uber wankfests going on for him...

coincidentally, they are probably now among the longest serving Premiership managers, that might give you some clue as to why they have achieved so much

Guest Gemmill

I'll end up renewing, but I have started seriously thinking about not doing it.  The thought of not having a season ticket next year doesn't sit right, but nor does the thought of having to hand over £600 a couple of months from now. 

I fully expect Vic to reply with "you don't have to renew Gemma!  No one's forcing you if all you're going to do is moan." as was his patter the other day though.

Seriously, the abuse ban needs lifting in his case - open season.  Either that or he needs jettisoned under the new "trolling" rule.  Everyone is sick to the back teeth of NUFC at the minute, and all they get when they come on here is that arsehole doing his Adrian Durham act from hundreds of miles away. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think there's every reason to be optimistic for the future.  I feel more optimistic now than at any time since Souness took over.  Next season we have Michael Owen coming back, we surely will strengthen particularly at the back, and there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 6.

:lol:

mackems.gif

You know what, I wear my heart on my sleeve, when I wrote that I tried to ignore our deficiencies and look at how well we were doing.  If being optimistic and looking on the bright side of things regarding the club I love is a sin, I'm a sinner.

What I don't need is some Scottish arsehole from Edinburgh who supports two sides, with character so weak he's bullied day in day out in his call centre job taking the piss.

The sad reality is though fans voting with our feet will happen but not to the extent that it will dislodge Shepherd. There's no tangible waiting list now, it was 15-20,000 apparently before Souness, and having jacked the book last year, I don't care where we are I will be getting it back next season. It hurts me to say I'm part of a big matrix, he knows he's got me, and he's got many more. If the Toon only average 42 or 43,000 next season which is a possibility I can only imagine the abuse we as fans will get but how much do we have to take?

I really feel sad about Newcastle, I honestly do. I give it the big bravado all of the time "we're moving in the right direction, things are looking great, we still make £90m a year, we've got England internationals, Roeder's doing alright." I delude myself into a comfort zone all of the time. No disrespect to Guvs, Manchester City are s***. They didn't dominate the game, but were worthy winners, so what does that say about us? The best player on the pitch, I saw in the flesh in 2000, at Euro 2000 in Brussels, and he scored an unreal goal, yet he was the only quality on the pitch, he's not a City player yet, and we should sign him. I mean it as well, we should sign him.

Now what a come down from the last few years for us though against Man City up here. The last twice we've played Charlton at home have been 0-0 non-events two of the most boring games in the last decade, now yes your ill-informed will say "you've won f*** all for 38 year why whinge now" but we pay top four transfer fees, top four wages, get top four attendances, is it not right we should expect at least a genuine fuckin fight at home to Man City and Charlton?!?! we're a victim of our own expectation in many ways, but f****** hell, look at Wenger 10 years at Arsenal making the f****** club a profit, Dein running it well, f****** gaining a world wide fan base comparable to anyone in 10 f****** years, yet Fatty I know best "and will never appoint another foreign manager after Gullit" has killed us.

"Look at the toon's youth system". I'll open myself right up here, by saying 5 of the best 7 English players of the last 25 year have come from within 8 miles of Newcastle. Yet where are they now. Who has Tyneside produced in the last 5 years? Carrick is a good player yes. Did he slip though the net? Yes. Taylor shows signs of being a top class, but in centre half terms he's a baby who's prone to mistakes. That really is it since Shearer, who was another who slipped through the youth system. Clarkie and Stevie Watson were class players, they were, but they never achieved what their abilities should've demanded. So of the current crop of geordies all that has come through, and f*** Chopra never good enough, is Carrick and he slipped through the net.

Of Bryan Robson, Waddle, Gazza, Beardsley and Shearer only Gazza was caught before anyone could get him, and in a football area which has equals, like Manchester and Glasgow in terms of importance of the game on peoples lives, but no piers, that is a disgrace. In 2007 it hasn't changed.  We have some decent youths coming though, but you know yourself when a good youngun is coming through a clubs ranks, everyone hears about it years before they get to the first team squad about what a world beater they could be. We evidently have no one like that.

We're in 2007 and fat fuckin Freddie insists he'll never appoint a foreign coach. All of the top clubs now, have youth systems teaming with foreign talent, 15, 16, 17 from Africa, all over Europe, America and why is that? Because people like Wenger know the key thing is to developing new talent is to cast the net as far as they can. We can't rely on Tyneside as a fishing field anymore, if you've got a s*** net, all you're going to catch is fuckin empty tins of coke, and fuckin tadpoles. If you've got a big quality net you're going to get the big fish, and Wenger appreciated this a long long time ago. Look at the players Wenger grabbed off the streets virtually (some via the clubs links with Beveren which he's heavily involved with)....George Weah, Petit, Eboue, Toure, fuckin Henry from the french football school. Many people mentioned it a while ago, the toon need and always have needed a top manager to take us to the top. The best managers historically in English football have always been Scottish, certainly in the last 50 years, there are no great Scottish managers anymore other than Fergie, the last great English manager was Robson, it's time to look for a foreign manager, and we should start using Arsenal as the template to being a brilliant club. Not just us, but every team that strives to be fantastic. The only way I can think of that we're better than Arsenal is our fans are probably more passionate, apart from that, they are the epitome of what I want us to become, I might sound fickle, and I've backed Roeder, but until we get a top foreign manager to change our ideas we'll be trailing in their wake.

:clap:

This is the best post i've read on here

To me its somes up how we are totally f***** with Freddy Shepherd as chairman

the difference being Stevie's only just realised it. I thought it was fucking obvious 10 years ago, but hey ho, I know nowt about football

coincidentally, they are probably now among the longest serving Premiership managers, that might give you some clue as to why they have achieved so much

also why they are among the longest serving premiership managers.....

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wenger's overrated tbh

Lauding him as some f****** genius for scrabbling around africa for young talent is ridiculous, for one he has to do it becasue he can't afford to look at europe, secondly, half of africa speaks french and have relatives in France ffs

he's a f****** whinging blind c*** to boot

So, Wenger is cr*p, and its impossible to be relegated from the position we are in now.

did I say he was crap. Read the fucking posts properly

Guest Gemmill

Trophies, style of football, and the fact that Wenger turns youngsters into stars, rather than signing proven stars that are on the wane.  That's probably the main reason people praise Wenger to the rafters whilst just doffing their cap politely at Allardyce's achievements.  I would have thought that was blindingly obvious though.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'll end up renewing, but I have started seriously thinking about not doing it.  The thought of not having a season ticket next year doesn't sit right, but nor does the thought of having to hand over £600 a couple of months from now. 

I fully expect Vic to reply with "you don't have to renew Gemma!  No one's forcing you if all you're going to do is moan." as was his patter the other day though.

Seriously, the abuse ban needs lifting in his case - open season.  Either that or he needs jettisoned under the new "trolling" rule.  Everyone is sick to the back teeth of NUFC at the minute, and all they get when they come on here is that arsehole doing his Adrian Durham act from hundreds of miles away. 

it's a simple fact gems, Fred would not be here if it weren't for people like yourself

I know that, you know that, don't take it out on me that you realise it but don't do anything about it

are you saying there should be a new rule now that if NUFC are doing badly then you can't tell the truth? Are you that sensitive?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Trophies, style of football, and the fact that Wenger turns youngsters into stars, rather than signing proven stars that are on the wane.  That's probably the main reason people praise Wenger to the rafters whilst just doffing their cap politely at Allardyce's achievements.  I would have thought that was blindingly obvious though.

for all his good points, he singularly embodies one of the bad traits from every single manager going

you could list all the criticisms of every manager and Wenger would have done it before aswell

like I say, for all his genius, where is he now? Would he have even won the Premiership without Henry?

Guest Gemmill

it's a simple fact gems, Fred would not be here if it weren't for people like yourself

I know that, you know that, don't take it out on me that you realise it but don't do anything about it

are you saying there should be a new rule now that if NUFC are doing badly then you can't tell the truth? Are you that sensitive?

How is that a response to what I've said?  What is this truth?  That NUFC need fans to buy season tickets to continue in operation?  And that fans buy tickets against their better judgement?  Who do you think you're educating with that bombshell?

Vic, all you do on here is take up a position contrary to everyone else, swear lots, and make yourself look a dislikeable twat in the process.  Then react with horror when someone starts a thread on General Chat questioning why it is that you act like such a prick.  Give it a rest eh?

Wenger's overrated tbh

he can afford to look at Europe - its one of football's biggest myths that he spends no money. £10 mill on Hleb, £7 mill on Rosicky, £7 mill on Adebayor, £12 mill on Walcott - all the last 2 seasons suggests he does and can afford to buy from Europe.

for all his good points, he singularly embodies one of the bad traits from every single manager going

you could list all the criticisms of every manager and Wenger would have done it before aswell

like I say, for all his genius, where is he now? Would he have even won the Premiership without Henry?

1997/98?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wenger's overrated tbh

he can afford to look at Europe - its one of football's biggest myths that he spends no money. £10 mill on Hleb, £7 mill on Rosicky, £7 mill on Adebayor, £12 mill on Walcott - all the last 2 seasons suggests he does and can afford to buy from Europe.

not sure he comes close to any of the top three's spending. Even Arsenal can find a spare 10mil down the back of the sofa once a year

Guest Invicta_Toon

How is that a response to what I've said?  What is this truth?  That NUFC need fans to buy season tickets to continue in operation?  And that fans buy tickets against their better judgement?  Who do you think you're educating with that bombshell?

Vic, all you do on here is take up a position contrary to everyone else, swear lots, and make yourself look a dislikeable twat in the process.  Then react with horror when someone starts a thread on General Chat questioning why it is that you act like such a prick.  Give it a rest eh?

yawn whatever

wouldnt it be so much fun if the forum was just full of whinging tarts who want everyone out but would pay to watch a cabbage patch if it was black and white

who am I educating? well if everyone's aware of this, that's even worse don't you think. Like I said in another post, there's only 2 things wrong with this club, one is Fred

you rave on about Wenger, would Fred have ever found himself in charge of Arsenal for 10 years? No. But if you're gonna cry about people pointing that out for you, so be it

Guest Gemmill

yawn whatever

wouldnt it be so much fun if the forum was just full of whinging tarts who want everyone out but would pay to watch a cabbage patch if it was black and white

who am I educating? well if everyone's aware of this, that's even worse don't you think. Like I said in another post, there's only 2 things wrong with this club, one is Fred

you rave on about Wenger, would Fred have ever found himself in charge of Arsenal for 10 years? No. But if you're gonna cry about people pointing that out for you, so be it

"There's only two things wrong with this club, one is Fred"

Yeah Vic, I saw that oh so controversial post earlier.  Adrian Durham.  "Oooo I'll have a go at all the fans.  I am the king of the wind-up."

No point in having a trolling rule on here if they aren't gonna enforce it tbh. 

Quite what you're on about in the bit about Wenger I don't have a fucking clue btw. 

Completely agree with you Gemmill.