AZ or Fenerbahce?

Rich

Who would you prefer?

Has to be AZ for my money, a lot closer to home and I'd feel a lot more confident playing over in Holland ahead of going to Turkey. I literally know nowt about AZ mind, apart from a few of their players from the Dutch national team and that they had Co there last term. Fenerbahce looked shite at SJP and Turkish football is fairly poor, so I wouldn't exactly fear them. Get the feeling that they couldn't handle Martins and Dyer, either.

Admittedly, the prospect of the Turkish board invasion (ala Olympiakos - some of the greatest days ever on here) and us beating them is a mouth-watering prospect. I actually hope Panathinaikos get past Lens and we draw them later in the cup, just to see if they'll be the same. Crazy Greeks. Crazy Turks.

I know talking as though we've beaten Waregem is dangerous after we all did so for Birmingham, but lightning never strikes twice...

Who would you prefer?

Has to be AZ for my money, a lot closer to home and I'd feel a lot more confident playing over in Holland ahead of going to Turkey. I literally know nowt about AZ mind, apart from a few of their players from the Dutch national team and that they had Co there last term. Fenerbahce looked s**** at SJP and Turkish football is fairly poor, so I wouldn't exactly fear them. Get the feeling that they couldn't handle Martins and Dyer, either.

Admittedly, the prospect of the Turkish board invasion (ala Olympiakos - some of the greatest days ever on here) and us beating them is a mouth-watering prospect. I actually hope Panathinaikos get past Lens and we draw them later in the cup, just to see if they'll be the same. Crazy Greeks. Crazy Turks.

I know talking as though we've beaten Waregem is dangerous after we all did so for Birmingham, but lightning never strikes twice...

At the same place you must of meant? I have seen lightning strike many times ;)

No but seriously, im not sure which team i would rather have..Have not seen much of AZ tbh..

It's an English phrase, a shortened version of the full saying -  so people will know what I mean when I simply say "lightning never strikes twice..."

It's why I put the "..." on, you bastard guy!

It would surely be better if we knocked them out though?

Some of their posts on here prior/post group-stage meeting were legendary.

"you no will underestimade fener, we will beat you"

turned into...

"scored a lucky sibioerski goal, we will get revenge later"

then...

"fener will crush AZ, turkey atmosphere is best in world!"

etc. etc. etc.

I would love it if we beat them... again.

True... but there is that risk that we would lose to them :lol: even though they are shit

Seeing how they've already had a bite at us, I'd settle for the hilarity of them not even making it up to us.

It's an English phrase, a shortened version of the full saying -  so people will know what I mean when I simply say "lightning never strikes twice..."

It's why I put the "..." on, you b****** guy!

Well now i know about that!!!!

On reflection, AZ are the better side. They have the quality and technique to not dominate a game, but to continue rattling goals past the opposition, all the same - seemingly from nowhere(!)

Fener would present a lesser challenge, football-wise, but going to Turkey would be mildly intimidating, I would imagine.

AZ would definitely be a tougher test, so personally, I want AZ. :D

We'll need a difficult test to prepare us for Werder Bremen/Sevilla, should we progress.

Guest Ridzuan

I am fine with either one but I prefer AZ more than Fenerbahce simply because we have faced them this season and I prefer to go against a new team.

Who would you prefer?

Has to be AZ for my money, a lot closer to home and I'd feel a lot more confident playing over in Holland ahead of going to Turkey. I literally know nowt about AZ mind, apart from a few of their players from the Dutch national team and that they had Co there last term. Fenerbahce looked s**** at SJP and Turkish football is fairly poor, so I wouldn't exactly fear them. Get the feeling that they couldn't handle Martins and Dyer, either.

Disagree I'd much preffer to play AK, as Fenerbache WERE very unlucky at St James park, we won but they deserved something from the match.

Watched the game in a bar on way to Belgium last week, great match - great goals.

AZ are the better team and should certainly not be underestimated - they have broken into the PSV/Ajax/Feyenoord monopoly in the last few years and are up there with them. Like Reading not to be taken lightly because they don't have a famous name.

Also dead easy to get to (about 1 hour north of Amsterdam) so has to be AZ for me but it will be two very tough games.