Kerr on trial at NUFC

lovejoy

Guest WalkervilleMag

would be great if he done well in the trial for us.

Then went on to forge a great career with us.

Luv it when guys are spotted in non league, and then do the buisness in the higher leagues.

Waddle was probably our last non league who turned out great.  if memory serves me right

Guest loonietoonie

wasnt meaning it to be a joke was just saying doubt i would be out drinking if i new i had an important trial on the monday morning

Having spent a week training with Newcastle,  Whitley Bay striker Lee Kerr has been granted permission by his club to appear for our reserve side on Monday evening.

The Jarrow-born 19 year-old nicknamed "Sparky" is set to line up for our second string as they entertain Bolton Wanderers at Kingston Park (7pm).

Kerr is no stranger to the Falcons ground, having caught the eye of the Newcastle staff when appearing there for Bay in their 2-1 Senior Cup success against us in January.

Miroslav Klose himself started out as a part timer in the German seventh division, so you never know.

Not that we should be getting too excited about this, but you should always hope for the best.

Who knows, perhaps we'll come out of it with another useful squad forward.

Miroslav Klose himself started out as a part timer in the German seventh division, so you never know.

Well, Didier Drogba played in some minor leagues just about 5 years ago.

Dado Prso is other good example.

Guest smoggeordie

Danny Graham at Boro (on loan at Carlisle now) started out at Chester-le-Street.

Good mate of our very own Flintoff.

Watch our for James Sinclair who plays for Bolton tonight, he's from up here and used to Run 100m at Gateshead Harriers and was like the second fastest in the country. He's a canny player aswell, Im sure we offererd him a place in the acadamy but he opted for Bolton instead.