Toon Ultras

kane2005

So what exactly is Toon Ultras? Toon Ultras is an organisation with the aim to bring back the noise to St. James’ Park. Over the past few years the atmosphere inside the stadium has diminished and people no longer seem as eager or as willing to join in with chants. Toon Ultras plan to change this by turning St. James’ back into a fortress, with an atmosphere to be proud of.

How do we plan to meet our aims? Tonight, we are making the next step, we are moving away from level 7, because of the chaver element that have began to pop up in the past few games. Hopefully people can see that we are not a group which wants to shout abuse to travelling supporters. So that is why tonight we are moving to the SOUTH EAST CORNER. We will find out how many people we actually have in our fan group tonight. Now if your in the ground, look out for us or even come an join us, an if your watching on the telly, well watch out for us too. We believe in standing and supporting your club, singing your heart out for the full 90 minutes. We try to bring variation to our song repertoire by thinking up new chants and bringing back old chants which have been forgotten over the years. It’s not all about vocal support however. As Toon Ultras we are constantly discussing ideas to put on visual displays of sorts as well as promoting the idea of flags and scarves at Newcastle match.

We are aware that there are other Ultra groups around Europe, and there is an unwanted connotation of hooliganism and violence surrounding the word. However we would like to emphasise strongly that we are not hooligans, as is the case with most Ultra groups across Europe.

Toon Ultras has now been around for a few years and the growth of Toon Ultras has been a long, gradual but rewarding process and we are now more committed to bringing back an atmosphere than ever before. During its existence Toon Ultras has been through many phases, including the changing of names and the changing of the group leaders. Toon Ultras was originally created by Tim Donnelly, Peter Donnelly and Mark Tansey.

Now led by our recently instated council, Toon Ultras has been given a new lease of life.

Please, help support our campaign to 'Bring Back The Noise'. Check out our site and register with our forums to show your support.

Look out for our banner at your Newcastle United Games.

I think it brilliant what you are doing but imho your name may draw attention from the wrong elements and the police but you have my and other supporters fool backing to bring the atmsphere back in the lesser attractive games when fans do not lift the noise level .

Guest rosstoon

So what exactly is Toon Ultras? Toon Ultras is an organisation with the aim to bring back the noise to St. James Park. Over the past few years the atmosphere inside the stadium has diminished and people no longer seem as eager or as willing to join in with chants. Toon Ultras plan to change this by turning St. James back into a fortress, with an atmosphere to be proud of.

How do we plan to meet our aims? Tonight, we are making the next step, we are moving away from level 7, because of the chaver element that have began to pop up in the past few games. Hopefully people can see that we are not a group which wants to shout abuse to travelling supporters. So that is why tonight we are moving to the SOUTH EAST CORNER. We will find out how many people we actually have in our fan group tonight. Now if your in the ground, look out for us or even come an join us, an if your watching on the telly, well watch out for us too. We believe in standing and supporting your club, singing your heart out for the full 90 minutes. We try to bring variation to our song repertoire by thinking up new chants and bringing back old chants which have been forgotten over the years. Its not all about vocal support however. As Toon Ultras we are constantly discussing ideas to put on visual displays of sorts as well as promoting the idea of flags and scarves at Newcastle match.

We are aware that there are other Ultra groups around Europe, and there is an unwanted connotation of hooliganism and violence surrounding the word. However we would like to emphasise strongly that we are not hooligans, as is the case with most Ultra groups across Europe.

Toon Ultras has now been around for a few years and the growth of Toon Ultras has been a long, gradual but rewarding process and we are now more committed to bringing back an atmosphere than ever before. During its existence Toon Ultras has been through many phases, including the changing of names and the changing of the group leaders. Toon Ultras was originally created by Tim Donnelly, Peter Donnelly and Mark Tansey.

Now led by our recently instated council, Toon Ultras has been given a new lease of life.

Please, help support our campaign to 'Bring Back The Noise'. Check out our site and register with our forums to show your support.

Look out for our banner at your Newcastle United Games.

[/quote

How many people do you think you have in the ultras? If there is enough people I would suggest trying to sit in 4 different parts of the stadia. This would then encourage 4 different areas to sing. Obviously this would be a problem if there were a lack of numbers.

Guest Gemmill

I love how toon ultras hate the people of Newcastle Online and yet constantly spam this forum with stuff about their "cause" and their site.

Much like your namesake! :razz:

Now now, David.

I was all for this and trying to bring back the noise, but it does seem that alot of the ultra's are mouthy little chav fkers, most of them from Kenton school.

The idea was great but reality is far from great.

A move away from Lev 7 and those chavs would be a great thing to do, they will get themselves banned from SJP soon enough.

Guest Gemmill

I'd like to file a complaint about the constant use of "Your support is fucking shit" as a fall-back when no one can think of anything else to sing.  And singing "Feed the cockneys" to the Chelsea fans made no sense.  Feed the scousers, yes.  Feed the cockneys, no.

I'd like to file a complaint about the constant use of "Your support is fucking shit" as a fall-back when no one can think of anything else to sing.  And singing "Feed the cockneys" to the Chelsea fans made no sense.  Feed the scousers, yes.  Feed the cockneys, no.

Nearly as tedious as 'shit ground, shit fans' tbh. 

A dig at the visiting fans is all good but its got to be done right, "shall we sing a song for you" is just as good and less embarrassing than the "your support is fucking shite" chant.

When making noise its better to be singing about your own team and getting them going rather than bothering to have a constant dig at visiting fans.

Lads, if Martins scores a cracker tonight then get this song rolling:

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Obafemi.... OOOH, AHHH! I wanna knowohhhhhohhhhhhohhhhhhohhhhhhhohhhhohhhh how you scored that goal."

Seriously. O0

I don't know if there is a way to get everyone signing, I see sooo many around me that do not make any noise at all and its the same in every section of the ground.

A full house does bring better noise but we have only had 2 full houses this season, this ticket price thing is a great start though, surley the club are loseing money by having so many empty seats, yet a cheaper ticket would see more people go to the match.

Say tonight at £20 a ticket and they get 25,000. Yet at £10 a ticket there would be much more chance of getting 50.000, same money in but better turnout hence better atmosphere.

Better not be a permanent shift. I sit perilously lose to the Southe WEast corner and if we get 90 minutes of "Shearer's a legend" then it'll be time for  :knuppel2:

:coolsmiley:

Guest smoggeordie

I don't know if there is a way to get everyone signing, I see sooo many around me that do not make any noise at all and its the same in every section of the ground.

A full house does bring better noise but we have only had 2 full houses this season, this ticket price thing is a great start though, surley the club are loseing money by having so many empty seats, yet a cheaper ticket would see more people go to the match.

Say tonight at £20 a ticket and they get 25,000. Yet at £10 a ticket there would be much more chance of getting 50.000, same money in but better turnout hence better atmosphere.

Plus increased turnover in programme sales/club shop sales/food counter sales etc...