Crooks- "English football should be ashamed"

Guest BooBoo

BBC rent a gob Garth Crooks has today stated that English football should be ashamed of itself after the finding that 2% of coaches/managers are black. I must admit my first thought was "not yet another race whinge", but would be interested to find out the mass opinion on this matter?

Cant include the Toon in this Garth, not after the best forgotten Ruud era.

says a bloke who has got his job because he is black !!! He certainly hasn't got it because he's good .....

What an idiot. If anything, black people should be extremely worried that someone like him is their self appointed spokesman.  An intelligent and well spoken man like Robbie Earle is miles better than him and far more credible, and a top pundit on his own merits.

As most people have stated, the opportunity is there for everyone, I couldn't give a toss if the manager of Newcastle is green with orange dots and green hair if he's good. Pillock.

As long as he's not muslim though, eh, Leazes? :razz:

do you mean me ?

So long as he doesn't go around threatening or carrying out threats to blow up innocent british people, and enforcing his views and desire to change our society to what he wants, then OK. If he wants to do that, then yes, he can piss off somewhere else.

Guest Gemmill

do you mean me ?

So long as he doesn't go around threatening or carrying out threats to blow up innocent british people, and enforcing his views and desire to change our society to what he wants, then OK. If he wants to do that, then yes, he can piss off somewhere else.

:lol:  Yeah I think that would fall under "Bringing the game into disrepute" tbh.

do you mean me ?

Hook line and sinker. :D

do you mean me ?

Hook line and sinker. :D

I'm quite happy to toy with gemma mate  ;D

BBC rent a gob Garth Crooks has today stated that English football should be ashamed of itself after the finding that 2% of coaches/managers are black. I must admit my first thought was "not yet another race whinge", but would be interested to find out the mass opinion on this matter?

Works for the BBC - hence has to mouth off politically correct crap to impress the unelected lesbians in charge of said BBC.

I doubt he's this tedious.

Speaking of the BBC, have you just started working for them with dross like this, Gem ?

(Even if it was supposed to be tongue in cheek - came across more like tongue in PC arsecrack....)

Guest jazzfido
says a bloke who has got his job because he is black !!! He certainly hasn't got it because he's good .....
So, Crooks, who is useless, got the job because he is black, and the rest of the commentators, who happen to be white and useless, got their jobs because they have a past as players?

So, you are saying that for a black player to be employed he has to be competent, but this is of no importance if you are white?

Slightly racist, don't you think?

Guest jazzfido

The problem that Crooks highlights is simple: there is an under representation of black players in management. One of the reasons for this is that it is white people employing the managers, and since most white people, consciously or subconsciously, are prejudiced or even racist, it is, obviously, more difficult for a black man to enter management.

The thing is though, if 2% of football managers in the uk are black then that fits in with the fact that 2% of the UK population is black according to the last census blowing his moan out of the water.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=273

So, Crooks, who is useless, got the job because he is black, and the rest of the commentators, who happen to be white and useless, got their jobs because they have a past as players?

So, you are saying that for a black player to be employed he has to be competent, but this is of no importance if you are white?

Slightly racist, don't you think?

No.

Robbie Earl got his job because he is quite good. Knows his stuff, and is interesting to listen too whatever his opinion.

The likes of Lawrenson and Lineker, who are shite, got their jobs because they wind people up.

John Barnes is intelligent but tedious.

Garth Crookes is neither, but nor is he interesting to watch.

I always find those who see racism everywhere, aren't quite as knowledgeable on the subject as they'd have you believe.

If they're good they're good - irrespective of whether they're black white or green with lavender frills.

If they're bad - same applies - despite shouting "Racist !" (The most overused word of the past 25 years - and more ****** common than "it" with some people.....)

The problem that Crooks highlights is simple: there is an under representation of black players in management. One of the reasons for this is that it is white people employing the managers, and since most white people, consciously or subconsciously, are prejudiced or even racist, it is, obviously, more difficult for a black man to enter management.

Utter bullshit.

Read the comment below yours.

You watch too much PC-sponsored "Institutional racism" crap churned out by the BBC, chum.

Do Fuck off man, that is utter shite.

The BBC shoudl be ashamed. For actually paying someone like Crooks a salary.

Guest jazzfido

The thing is though, if 2% of football managers in the uk are black then that fits in with the fact that 2% of the UK population is black according to the last census blowing his moan out of the water.

Statistics are good, but should be used with caution. The number of black people relative to white people in the UK is irrelevant in this context. It is the number of black people relative to white people in football which is important since this is the population from which managers are hired.

Statistics are good, but should be used with caution. The number of black people relative to white people in the UK is irrelevant in this context. It is the number of black people relative to white people in football which is important since this is the population from which managers are hired.

Is it fuck.

The population they are hired from is the UK population and 2% of the UK population are Black.

Colour is irrelavent anyway, if you're good enough you're good enough, if you're not you're not.

Guest jazzfido

Utter bullshit.

You watch too much PC-sponsored "Institutional racism" crap churned out by the BBC, chum.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't watch TV. Instead I analyse available information, and the conclusions are clear: institutional racism is prevalent in all parts of society. To believe that it doesn't exist in football, which is renowned for its racism, is delusional.

Guest jazzfido

Is it f***.

The population they are hired from is the UK population and 2% of the UK population are Black.

Colour is irrelavent anyway, if you're good enough you're good enough, if you're not you're not.

So, how many managers are from outside the football world?

Utter bullshit.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't watch TV. Instead I analyse available information, and the conclusions are clear: institutional racism is prevalent in all parts of society. To believe that it doesn't exist in football, which is renowned for its racism, is delusional.

That post makes me care even less.

There are many things about football that rile me, that make me want changes to be made. But the number of coloured managers is way down the list.

Utter bullshit.

In other words you spend all of your time looking for racism in anything and everything and believe that the whole world is a seething mass of white supremicists?

Institutional Racism my arse.

By that argument you are wrong. Last night we had 4 "black" players in the starting XI 2 of which are English.

Blacks account for much more than 2% of footballers in England at the very least.

Guest jazzfido

Utter bullshit.

In other words you spend all of your time looking for racism in anything and everything and believe that the whole world is a seething mass of white supremicists?

Did I say that?

Is it f***.

So, how many managers are from outside the football world?

Jose Mourinho was a translator for starters and Gerard Houlier was a teacher.

Its a stupid attention seeking arguement from one of the biggest pricks in the media.

I really couldn't give a shit if a football manager is Black, White, Brown, Yellow, Irish, French or Argentinian, it doesn't fucking matter.

Do f*** off man, that is utter s****.

Absolutely right.

You can imagine yet another BBC shock-horror "Institutional" bullshit show, can't you ? (They've done so sodding many)

"No women managers in the premier league clearly means the game is Institutionally sexist" says BBC writer Irma Dyke - who also adds it is a disgrace that only 2% of managers and coaches are black, and even worse there are NO asian managers - also the shameful lack of asian players, and the demand that managers actually need talent to get a job, is utterly disgraceful, and my er...partner...and fellow BBC journalist...or whatever she's employed as....Mz Butch Mann-Hater agrees !"

Why would the people who choose the managers pay out millions on black players if they are against black managers? Even if they are racist they obviously think its worthwhile buying black players because they can do a better job so why wouldn't they employ an excellent black manager?

Its all bullshit imo!