Crooks- "English football should be ashamed"

Guest BooBoo

BBC rent a gob Garth Crooks has today stated that English football should be ashamed of itself after the finding that 2% of coaches/managers are black. I must admit my first thought was "not yet another race whinge", but would be interested to find out the mass opinion on this matter?

Cant include the Toon in this Garth, not after the best forgotten Ruud era.

The thing is though, if 2% of football managers in the uk are black then that fits in with the fact that 2% of the UK population is black according to the last census blowing his moan out of the water.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=273

Statistics are good, but should be used with caution. The number of black people relative to white people in the UK is irrelevant in this context. It is the number of black people relative to white people in football which is important since this is the population from which managers are hired.

Was there as many black players in football 20 years ago than there are now?

Would this not have an effect on how many would become a potential manager or are you just making utter bullshit up as you go along?

Guest jazzfido

The problem that Crooks highlights is simple: there is an under representation of black players in management. One of the reasons for this is that it is white people employing the managers, and since most white people, consciously or subconsciously, are prejudiced or even racist, it is, obviously, more difficult for a black man to enter management.

Do f*** off man, that is utter s****.

Absolutely right.

You can imagine yet another BBC shock-horror "Institutional" bullshit show, can't you ? (They've done so sodding many)

"No women managers in the premier league clearly means the game is Institutionally sexist" says BBC writer Irma Dyke - who also adds it is a disgrace that only 2% of managers and coaches are black, and even worse there are NO asian managers - also the shameful lack of asian players, and the demand that managers actually need talent to get a job, is utterly disgraceful, and my er...partner...and fellow BBC journalist...or whatever she's employed as....Mz Butch Mann-Hater agrees !"

Adding a bit of homophobia. Nice move.

Why would the people who choose the managers pay out millions on black players if they are against black managers? Even if they are racist they obviously think its worthwhile buying black players because they can do a better job so why wouldn't they employ an excellent black manager?

Its all bullshit imo!

Spot on.

If they're good enough, they're good enough.

Celtic gave John Barnes a chance and while intelligent, he was bloody terrible as a manager.

But there will be good ones to come through.

Trying to force it on clubs spits in the face of the supporter, who wants the best for his club, regadless of club/creed/sexual leaning or sodding ANYTHING - just ability, not what a pack of tub thumping PC twerps desire. They're listened to too much as is - on subjects they know absolutely ZERO about.

Guest Gemmill

BBC rent a gob Garth Crooks has today stated that English football should be ashamed of itself after the finding that 2% of coaches/managers are black. I must admit my first thought was "not yet another race whinge", but would be interested to find out the mass opinion on this matter?

Works for the BBC - hence has to mouth off politically correct crap to impress the unelected lesbians in charge of said BBC.

I doubt he's this tedious.

As long as he's not muslim though, eh, Leazes? :razz:

Speaking of the BBC, have you just started working for them with dross like this, Gem ?

(Even if it was supposed to be tongue in cheek - came across more like tongue in PC arsecrack....)

:lol:  Phil's off his meds again.

I see yet another pettiness to your PC bow.

Sense of humour is also in short supply, I notice....just like the people you're whining about me referring to.

Guest jazzfido

Why would the people who choose the managers pay out millions on black players if they are against black managers? Even if they are racist they obviously think its worthwhile buying black players because they can do a better job so why wouldn't they employ an excellent black manager?

Its all bullshit imo!

Trying to force it on clubs spits in the face of the supporter, who wants the best for his club, regadless of club/creed/sexual leaning or sodding ANYTHING - just ability, not what a pack of tub thumping PC twerps desire. They're listened to too much as is - on subjects they know absolutely ZERO about.

You'll find that no one is trying to force anything on anyone. It is about awareness.

No, just responding to you in the same manner you responded to him.

Dear me - offend, did it ?

Tut tut.

You'll find that no one is trying to force anything on anyone. It is about awareness.

The self-deceiving bullshit never ends from you it seems.....

Not trying to force it on anyone ? You serious ?

Guest jazzfido

I see yet another pettiness to your PC bow.

Sense of humour is also in short supply, I notice....just like the people you're whining about me referring to.

I have a fine sense of humour, thank you; just not as basic as yours. Did you know that people's true opinions are often displayed though their so-called sense of humour?

Guest jazzfido

Tut tut.

Has anyone proposed a law which says that 10% of all managers must be black? Crooks is merely raising a relevant issue.

I have a fine sense of humour, thank you; just not as basic as yours. Did you know that people's true opinions are often displayed though their so-called sense of humour?

Matter of opinion, of course. I think others can judge from the lack in your postings, and the sarcasm (still humour) in mine !

Tut tut.

Has anyone proposed a law which says that 10% of all managers must be black? Crooks is merely raising a relevant issue.

Not yet.

Would like to know how many black people have sat the UEFA courses compared to white people then applied for managerial positions.

3, because they all get rejected for being black, obviously...

Tut tut.

It's relevance to any form of Racial abuse issue in football is pretty much redundant, it's a myth. Also a shit arguement at that.

Guest jazzfido

Would like to know how many black people have sat the UEFA courses compared to white people then applied for managerial positions.

Part of the problem is that black players who want to become managers have seen the barriers, and consequently don't even bother doing the courses. So, you'll probably find that they are under represented there.

It starts by someone whining about it - then the rusty bikes at the BBC demand yet another "institutional racism" panorama and their fellow rusties in the Labour party start demanding government action.

Step one done, step two on the way from the BBC ?

Can you recall a couple of years ago said rusties demanding from their "think tank" that clubs should put so many thousands of seats by for the SOLE use of asians - and at cut prices too ?

Part of the problem is that black players who want to become managers have seen the barriers, and consequently don't even bother doing the courses. So, you'll probably find that they are under represented there.

Barriers? fucking hell lad, get a clue.

Its called hard work and taking a chance, huge barrier everyone faces, the race card is an easy way out as they simply cant be arsed.

Fact.

Its like something Ali G would come up with, you couldn't make it up.

Guest jazzfido

Its called hard work and taking a chance, huge barrier everyone faces, the race card is an easy way out as they simply cant be arsed.

Are you saying that black people are lazy?

Get ready for a pimp smack fido...:S

Anyone who uses that excuse is lazy.