What exactly are Milners strengths?

KaKa

I think he is an okay player at most at the moment, but it appears many on here think he is a major prospect for us...

Can any one of those who think so please explain why?

He occasionally does good things, but the majority of the time our plays breakdown when he gets involved in them. At the moment his passing is below standard as is his crossing of the ball.

His best attribute for me is his workrate which is really good, other then that I struggle to think of anything else he does consistently well.....

Still dissapointed by him on the whole tbh.

Come on, he has been one of our best players this season. Constant threat on the wing, he is much better than last season at villa.

He is still young and needs to work on his consistency but that will come..

Your undoubtedly baseing your ficle opinion on tonights game. What would you say if he scored?

He has the ability to beat a man and get to the line, when he gets a quality cross in it is normally real class (couple tonight although was very erratic), excellent work rate, showed this season an ability to shoot from distance and will always track back and put a challenge in.

He can be frustrating, but he shows an ability to go past people on either side,  and he's got a very good shot on him. Doesn't always know when to release the ball and when to take his man on, but that'll improve with experience.

He is one of few players we play who is mentaly good,he seems to move smartly and is really good with the ball,sure he is not as fast as Zoggy or Martins,or have the crossing of Robert and Solano,but he is still a really good player who is still very young,he had some fantastic games for us and scored some smashing goals this season,and i really hope he keeps it up..

Desperately needs a rest tbh.

Was surprised (yeah right) and slightly disappointed that he wasn't rested. He was crap last week and not much better tonight, and it's not as if he's going to get a chance of a rest for a while yet...

I hope he doesn't deteriorate.

Strengths are: Good shot, can beat his man, can put a ball in the box. All round winger really with a long way to go... a bit slow though.

Come on, he has been one of our best players this season. Constant threat on the wing, he is much better than last season at villa.

He is still young and needs to work on his consistency but that will come..

Your undoubtedly baseing your ficle opinion on tonights game. What would you say if he scored?

Like I said OCCASSIONALLY does some good things but for you to say he is a constant threat on the wing is pushing it.

His work rate is really really good, but other than that doesn't do enough for me. His corner kicks are pretty dissapointing as well.....

I think he is an okay player at most at the moment, but it appears many on here think he is a major prospect for us...

Can any one of those who think so please explain why?

He occasionally does good things, but the majority of the time our plays breakdown when he gets involved in them. At the moment his passing is below standard as is his crossing of the ball.

His best attribute for me is his workrate which is really good, other then that I struggle to think of anything else he does consistently well.....

Still dissapointed by him on the whole tbh.

Seeing as you think Luque did well tonight and it all wasn't his fault........

We only have onle player who can cross the ball from the right, and he is too slow, so Milner is our best bet. He is better than some of the other players who are supposedly good enough for the first team.

Was surprised (yeah right) and slightly disappointed that he wasn't rested. He was crap last week and not much better tonight, and it's not as if he's going to get a chance of a rest for a while yet...

Strengths are: Good shot, can beat his man, can put a ball in the box. All round winger really with a long way to go... a bit slow though.

He has played 35 games already this season

I think at the end of the season its going to be 50 games for him

I thought that he deserved a rest tonight

Milner has been one of our better players this season. I'm surprised threads like this are still knocking about.

But football is all about opinions, even total dogshit ones.  :cheesy:

Kneejerk because of a frustrating game where the majority didnt perform!

If you want to know about Milner have a look at his assist rate over the last 2 seasons, may not be pretty (football and looks :) ) but he gets enough quality to players to make a difference.

He has played 35 games already this season

I think at the end of the season its going to be 50 games for him

I thought that he deserved a rest tonight

Type of player that wants to play though, and has a high level of general fitness.

A rest wouldn't harm though, tonight would of been a good time.

Milner has been one of our better players this season. I'm surprised threads like this are still knocking about.

i think milner has probably been our best player overall this season but i can actually see his point and think its far from dog shit! he is inconsistent with his crossing and isnt sure sometimes whether to cross or take a man on! his biggest asset by far is his workrate. i do however think that at his age he is an excellent prospect and has plenty of time to gain experience.

Kneejerk because of a frustrating game where the majority didnt perform!

If you want to know about Milner have a look at his assist rate over the last 2 seasons, may not be pretty (football and looks :) ) but he gets enough quality to players to make a difference.

Lots of positives out of a dull game for me.

Milner looked lively.

Duff got into his stride by the end.

We won.

Clean sheet.

No injuries.

Carroll got a run out.

Bramble showed he's up to earn his contract and was by far our best defender.

i think milner has probably been our best player overall this season but i can actually see his point and think its far from dog shit! he is inconsistent with his crossing and isnt sure sometimes whether to cross or take a man on! his biggest asset by far is his workrate. i do however think that at his age he is an excellent prospect and has plenty of time to gain experience.

So he's 21 and learning his game, no need for another thread pulling him down tbh.

i think milner has probably been our best player overall this season but i can actually see his point and think its far from dog s***! he is inconsistent with his crossing and isnt sure sometimes whether to cross or take a man on! his biggest asset by far is his workrate. i do however think that at his age he is an excellent prospect and has plenty of time to gain experience.

So he's 21 and learning his game, no need for another thread pulling him down tbh.

i agree with that!

i think milner has probably been our best player overall this season but i can actually see his point and think its far from dog s***! he is inconsistent with his crossing and isnt sure sometimes whether to cross or take a man on! his biggest asset by far is his workrate. i do however think that at his age he is an excellent prospect and has plenty of time to gain experience.

Hardly pulling him down am I mate.....

Please calm down.