Central defence

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Bramble has played well in the last couple of games, but we all know Bramble....

Gooch has looked decent so far but difficult to say yet...

Taylor has been concistent over months now and he is a big prospect for the future so it will be stupid to bench him if you ask me...

Who would pick? :)

Hopefully he will get dropped, so as not to halt Taylor's good form and superb progress, and so as not to stop Gooch from adapting. We've seen this millions of times from Bramble... 3 or 4 blinding performances, then 10 bad ones. I'm not falling for it.

Guest andynufc84

Taylor/Gooch......a no brainer!

This

But...I don't think Bramble will be dropped, neither will Gooch, neither will Taylor.

There you have one of Roeders weakness's as a manager, playing people to keep them happy thus upsetting the balance of the team.

Guest ChickenKiev

This

But...I don't think Bramble will be dropped, neither will Gooch, neither will Taylor.

There you have one of Roeders weakness's as a manager, playing people to keep them happy thus upsetting the balance of the team.

This is exactly what will happen unfortunately.

Anyone who wants to drop Taylor in his form is off their rocker tbh.

Bramble's had two good games. Taylor's had a good season, on the whole. Started slowly - not poorly - but has really got going. He's in fine form. Bramble, yes so is he, but consider the opposition. They had one fit out and out striker in the entire squad (squad of part-timers btw), and he didn't even start at St James' Park. And i don't think Tayls was any worse than Bramble over the two legs.

Taylor and Gooch. For sure.

This

if Babayaro is fit where do you think Roeder will play all 3 of them?

Guest andynufc84

This

I can see him playing Taylor at RB, Gooch/Bramble CB, Baba LB

Nobby RM, Milner LM

Duff dropped

Gooch will start thats for sure, but who is better when at the top of their game, Bramble or Taylor ? I think both can be a worry but Taylor has mor epotential than Titus, thing is right now the way they both play, IF Bramble stays focused he can be a better player than Taylor is now.

This

I can see him playing Taylor at RB, Gooch/Bramble CB, Baba LB

Nobby RM, Milner LM

Duff dropped

I doubt Roeder will do that

Anyone who wants to drop Taylor in his form is off their rocker tbh.

Bramble's had two good games. Taylor's had a good season, on the whole. Started slowly - not poorly - but has really got going. He's in fine form. Bramble, yes so is he, but consider the opposition. They had one fit out and out striker in the entire squad (squad of part-timers btw), and he didn't even start at St James' Park. And i don't think Tayls was any worse than Bramble over the two legs.

Taylor and Gooch. For sure.

Taylor will play LB, with Gooch partnering Bramble on Sunday. Not saying it's the "right" choice, but remember, Roeder doesn't make decisions, he avoids them as best he can.

Guest andynufc84

Would rather see Edgar LB, Taylor/Gooch CB.

Roeder thinks he must accomodate Bramble, Taylor and Gooch - this is the problem

I mean when Carr come back he accomodated him in the team for f**ks sake.

Taylor/ Gooch.

although Bramble did have a good couple of games, me housemate pointed out to me last night that it could be just that Bramble has found the level of football in which he appears good....playing against a belgium side that consists of some part-timers.

but i agree with the previous comments about Roeder not wanting to drop anyone to keep them happy and so the back 4 will more than likely be:

Solano - Bramble - Gooch - Taylor.

on a side note, anyone know if Bramble's been offered a contract extension? it was mentioned during the transfer window but i've heard bugger-all since. i'm hoping he hasn't.

Bramble on form is our best central defender but he is always capable of making a big mistake so I would prefer Taylor and Gooch. As others have said though all 3 will be played with Taylor in a full back position.

Guest rewind555

Dont know where all this talk about Roeder insisting on playing all of Taylor, Bramble and Gooch is coming from. Did I imagine Taylor being on the bench vs Liverpool?

I think maybe you did imagine that, unless you are talking about the away game ages ago

I voted for Gooch - Bramble. Taylor will probably be better than both in the near future, but he's still learning. At the moment, the reality is he's making just as many mistakes as Bramble, and Bramble has that extra bit of power and pace which tips things his way.

It's a bit tricky for Roeder, because I understand why he wants to include Taylor, to give us a bit more aerial power. But Solano gives us something at full back, and starts off a lot of good moves for us. I'd play Solano - Gooch - Bramble - Babayaro.

Dont know where all this talk about Roeder insisting on playing all of Taylor, Bramble and Gooch is coming from. Did I imagine Taylor being on the bench vs Liverpool?

He was at right back in that game I think.

I'm not all that sure on this one, but he's got to pick one and then stick with it and not keep changing it all the time.

Taylor/Gooch definately.

Taylor looks in great form at the moment, he's really finding his form now.

Back 4 should be Nobby Taylor Gooch  Baba/Edgar  hunty on the bench.

Bramble did admitedly look good over the the last two games (no better than Taylor imo), but we've seen this before against very poor opposition. As soon as anyone half decent puts him under any real pressure he'll be back to the howlers costing us games and points again, especially against the big teams. His history of howlers over the last 5 seasons speak for themselves, its definately time to part company with Titus ASAP.