Ross Noble

ewerk

Is this guy any good? He was funny when I've seen him on HIGNFY but then I saw his stand up on TV in some park and thought it was shite. Anyway he's on Channel 4 now so I'll get to have another look at him.

Guest optimistic nit

funny as fuck for me, but his park one's his best stuff imo so you may not like his method of standup.

He's not the greatest, but he is pretty good.  I agree with the one he did in the park, didn't seem too great.  Just waffled on really, without being especially funny.

I've got a set of mp3s of him, and they're brilliant though.

I usually like the talk shite about anything/go off on a tangent type of thing but I just didn't think he was funny. Anyway I've had a fair few beer tonight and have just opened a bottle of wine so that may make it better tonight.

Guest optimistic nit

the first time i saw sonic waffle (i have it on DVD) i did think it was shite, but i now find it hillarious.

Guest TheOrder

Brilliant, got all his DVDs and saw him at the Theatre Royal in toon in November.

Cracking night out bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Pink Flamingo's

Guest TheOrder

He's a rising star as they say. Certainly one to watch, but nothing on the Izzards or Connollys of the stand-up world. Think he models himself a bit on Izzard actually.

I think he's cracked it to be honest mate, 2 DVD's, world wide sell out tours, CD's etc.

I've even got a t-shirt!

Guest optimistic nit

or connolly rather bluf? :lol:

he doesn't really go for the drag look does he :lol:

Eh?

so do you think he models himself on izzard?

bearing in mind izzard is a drag act and he's definatly got the connolly style, appearence and said in an interview (i think) that connolly was an influence?

fair enough if you think otherwise lyke.

Think he models himself a bit on Izzard actually.

True, he does seem to go off on a tangent about completely random shit, the difference is that Izzard has it planned, though he is the best stand up comedian I've ever seen.

He's a rising star as they say. Certainly one to watch, but nothing on the Izzards or Connollys of the stand-up world. Think he models himself a bit on Izzard actually.

I think he's cracked it to be honest mate, 2 DVD's, world wide sell out tours, CD's etc.

I've even got a t-shirt!

Wasn't implying he hadn't made it, they're just better than him.  They've been doing it for years.  He's only been around a couple, see if he sticks around first.  He's hilarious though.

World wide sell out tours eh?  That I need to see. ;)

Guest optimistic nit

fair enough. i dont think that he models himself on izzard. i think he's just got a similar style. the going off on tangents thing is to do with your personality imo more than your influence's. you either have that style or you dont.

I think connolly was more of an influence mesel.

I suppose you're right Nit, he's the master of waffling and completely going off on tangents then forgetting what the fuck he was talking about in the first place.

Only reason I said he modelled himself on him, was an interview he did in which he said he was one of his 'biggest idols'.  Jumping to conclusions.

Guest optimistic nit

I suppose you're right Nit, he's the master of waffling and completely going off on tangents then forgetting what the fuck he was talking about in the first place.

Only reason I said he modelled himself on him, was an interview he did in which he said he was one of his 'biggest idols'. Jumping to conclusions.

do we have elements of sarcasm?

lowest form of wit you knaa ;)

Guest optimistic nit

can i just point out now that were arguing on whether eddie izzard was ross nobles biggest influence.

to be honest i dont care in the grand scheme of things. :p