Owen for Kuyt?

Guest BillyRay Valentine

Guest BillyRay Valentine

with the hacks stirring up the possibility of little mickey heading back to the pool now he's approaching a comeback, would you consider a swap deal - him for kuyt?

personally i would. kuyt would complement oba very well, doesn't seem to have any injury problems and would be asking somewhere in the region of half mickeys wages

Owen is twice the striker Kuyt is.

Owen is twice the striker Kuyt is.

Agreed (at least twice). Kuyt is a good grafter but is very limited in ability imo. I don't rate him personally.

If we can get Owen going again, he's a goal machine like Shearer. His record speaks for itself. It would take big money and a fantastic replacement to let Owen go at the moment. Owen's is very injury prone though unfortunately.

Owen may be twice the player but Kuyt may end up playing twice the amount of games...

Wouldn't happen like, but I'd rather have a half good striker on the pitch than a good striker off playing golf and getting physio sessions.  Of course the ideal situation is a fit Owen, although I wont hold my breath for it.

^ Just what I was going to say... If we're going to have another half season Owen next time round, or him drifting out with injury all the time, then I'd rather have Kuyt. Even though on paper Owen pisses all over him.

But there's no way of knowing that. We'll have to hope Owen is fixed.

^ Just what I was going to say... If we're going to have another half season Owen next time round, or him drifting out with injury all the time, then I'd rather have Kuyt. Even though on paper Owen pisses all over him.

But there's no way of knowing that. We'll have to hope Owen is fixed.

He's an inferior player who isn't good enough, there's no point in having him no matter how many games he plays.

Doesn't score enough, simple as that. Great player, but won't get 20 goals for you a season.

Yes, I'm aware of his Eredivise scoring history, but look at international/european and premiership level...

Guest BillyRay Valentine

i'm not thinking as a direct replacement for owens goal scoring, more as a foil for martins who seems to be right on track to become the 20 goal a season man every strike force worth its salt needs. despite owens undoubted class i worry that we'll enever see more than half a dozen or so games from him before he's out for another half a dozen

Guest Action Verb

He's not going anywhere because no one is going to spend 10mil on a player that's played 25minutes of league football in 18months or whatever it is.

Guest BillyRay Valentine

He's not going anywhere because no one is going to spend 10mil on a player that's played 25minutes of league football in 18months or whatever it is.

woodgate to real anyone?

Who says we'd even get £10m for him?

I could see him going for less than that, if he gets the opportunity.

God knows Roeder is stupid enough to think Ameobi and Martins (or just as bad, Sib and Martins) could work next season, with Dyer as backup.