Martins - could he break the record?

Optimistic Nut

the service to him is going to have to improve vastly

The service isn't great, especially when  Duff's in the side, but it's his movement is the bigger problem in my opinion. He doesn't do enough in the box.

Milner's been superb all season and he's been very creative. But he's tired and is crying out for a rest. Very, very daft that he didn't get one last night. He was shite last Wednesday and wasn't great last night - it's plainly obvious that he needs a rest.

Would be smashing to see Martins get that record. Would rather just see him score 25 goals though, a la Ferdinand. ;)

The service isn't great, especially when  Duff's in the side, but it's his movement is the bigger problem in my opinion. He doesn't do enough in the box.

Milner's been superb all season and he's been very creative. But he's tired and is crying out for a rest. Very, very daft that he didn't get one last night. He was s**** last Wednesday and wasn't great last night - it's plainly obvious that he needs a rest.

Would be smashing to see Martins get that record. Would rather just see him score 25 goals though, a la Ferdinand. ;)

Milner was our only offensive spark.  Well, except for when Duff remembered how to play football for the last 15 min of the 2nd half. 

Guest Saint Andy

I think we're really missing emre in the middle, service to martins should improve when he gets back. butt as holding and emre attacking with martins / dyer should work pretty well I think.

Guest Action Verb

I think we're really missing emre in the middle, service to martins should improve when he gets back . butt as holding and emre attacking with martins / dyer should work pretty well I think.

So never then?

Milner's been superb all season and he's been very creative. But he's tired and is crying out for a rest. Very, very daft that he didn't get one last night. He was s**** last Wednesday and wasn't great last night - it's plainly obvious that he needs a rest.

for 30 or 40 grand a week you have to play..full stop...you cant be tired ,needing of a rest or just played out...these buggers retire when there 35............so kick a ball a couple of times wht dont they

for 30 or 40 grand a week you have to play..full stop...you cant be tired ,needing of a rest or just played out...these buggers retire when there 35............so kick a ball a couple of times wht dont they

I hope that was a joke but given some of the posts on this forum nothing would suprise me :)

Andy Cole got 34 in his first season in the Premiership (I think)

It was 42 games then though.

Not to take anything away...

I think it was 'easier' to score back then as well, I think the quality of defenders has risen more especially (bar us of course ;) )

Scoring 30 EPL goals in a season is a rarity now, not like before