Duffer

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Doing a Testa Mora here, but did anyone else notice how everytime someone had the ball last night he was waving like a little kid in the schoolyard. It's great etc that he wants the ball, but maybe his lack of form is because he's used to playing with better players?

I still think he'll come good, and has shown positive vibes recently.

Doing a Testa Mora here, but did anyone else notice how everytime someone had the ball last night he was waving like a little kid in the schoolyard. It's great etc that he wants the ball, but maybe his lack of form is because he's used to playing with better players?

I still think he'll come good, and has shown positive vibes recently.

I was thinking that, but you gotta remember he was at his best playing for Blackburn, and they weren't exactly a team of world beaters when Duff was playing for them.

I would still keep him in the team for now, at least until N'Zogbia is fully fit.

I noticed it alot. Think he was really starved of the ball in the first half yesterday

And did absolutely nowt when he had it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt by saying that he doesn't have a good left-back to play with, and i mean like EVER, so he was effectively up against 11 defenders all on his own last night. But it's make or break for him now, these next two or three games. If he doesn't start performing - N'Zogbia simply HAS to be back in the side.

Guest Knightrider

Shite once again, lost his pace and his stamina, I'm telling you. He's finished as a top winger. Waste of £5m and a stupid buy. If anyone thinks he's going to come good or improve, deluded would be the words I'd use.

s**** once again, lost his pace and his stamina, I'm telling you. He's finished as a top winger. Waste of £5m and a stupid buy. If anyone thinks he's going to come good or improve, deluded would be the words I'd use.

I'm sure you said the same of Butt last season, mate.  Granted, Butt is a different type player, but Duff is only 28 FFS.  He has the ability to come good and you know it. 

Frustrating again in the first half and even worse when he switched to the right. But when Luque went off and he went back to the left he showed the slightest glimpse of what he could, sorry can, do!! Definitely come good I reckon, there's no way he can turn that shite all of a sudden.

Guest WalkervilleMag

He will come good.

Like to know where these people (who are saying he is sh.te and waste of money ect ) were at the start of the season when we bought him.

He will come good.

Like to know where these people (who are saying he is sh.te and waste of money ect ) were at the start of the season when we bought him.

My thoughts exactly, mate.  I've had my fair dig, but am willing to let him prove his worth. 

He will come good.

We wondering why we were spending £5M on a player who plays in a position that didn't appear to need strengthening while dithering over buying a replacement for Shearer.

He will come good.

We wondering why we were spending £5M on a player who plays in a position that didn't appear to need strengthening while dithering over buying a replacement for Shearer.

It did need strengthening because we only had Zoggy but....... I think other areas needed attention first

He will come good.

It did need strengthening because we only had Zoggy but....... I think other areas needed attention first

Milner could play there as he's done so already this season, he's looked better than Duff there too.

Guest WalkervilleMag

I'd like to know where the people (who are saying Luque is s**** and waste of money ect ) were at the start of last season when we bought him.

People said at the time we wanted defenders.

Always said Luque was S;;te.  Been  proved right.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Think Martins is doing a pretty good job of replacing Shearer

Agree, but when we signed Duff we hadn't signed Martins and a centre forward was at the time the main priority.

So we wait till we get a striker then buy other players.  Then what exactly would you do if the striker waited until deadline day, then turned us down ??????