If we are looking for a new striker, this should be the first place we look

stozo

Link

Huntelaar has reportedly fallen out with Ten Cate and he has only started 2 of there last 5 games. If there is any chance of him leaving we should be straight in there. Can you imagine Owen, Martins and Huntelaar playing up front for us.

Wouldn't be cheap though.

dont give a f***, He is a quality player. I doubt we'd get him but we should be in there now trying to sort a deal out for when the window opens.

Can't spend what we haven't got.  :buck2: Get the feeling if we were to buy him it'd take up our whole budget.

Could be Liverpool bound.

Got the money we certainly dont.

What makes you think pool are after him? I think Pool will spend a lot to get D.Villa

Just in the ballpark for a new striker imo.

Will be replacing at least Fowler, Bellamy has given himself more time with that goal.

Chelsea could go for him, cant see Sheva staying past this season.

We however, unless we offload Owen to Liverpool or mistakingly cash in on Martins, will not able to raise the £15m+ needed to sign him.

I wish, but i doubt it.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

I've said it before, and i'll say it again!

If we are looking for a tall striker (think we all agree we should be) then we could do a hell of alot worse than getting one of these four. Pretty sure they wouldn't cost as much as Huntelaar, and definately wont be as much as a Bent or Ashton. May even be cheaper than someone like Nugent or Doyle? Get scouting Glenn! Go on!!!!

Rolando Bianchi - Reggina

Mario Gomez - Stuttgart

Afonso Alves - Heerenveen

Danny Koevermans - AZ Alkmaar

Sort out the defence, replace any out-going players, and then if we've still got some money and feel we need another striker, have a look. Can't afford to ignore our weaknesses any longer, a big name striker might keep us temporarily happy but we need more than just another one of them.

And with this said, having Owen back next year will hopefully feel like having a new big name striker anyway. We should obviously keep Owen, Martins and Ameobi at the club. And as far as I know Sibi will be staying another year anyway, so we've got decent cover for our first choice strikeforce and I reckon if we're to go for another striker, we should go for someone different to what we've got and maybe a young striker with a lot of potential wouldn't hurt.

Guest Darth Toon

And with this said, having Owen back next year will hopefully feel like having a new big name striker anyway. We should obviously keep Owen, Martins and Ameobi at the club. And as far as I know Sibi will be staying another year anyway, so we've got decent cover for our first choice strikeforce and I reckon if we're to go for another striker, we should go for someone different to what we've got and maybe a young striker with a lot of potential wouldn't hurt.

Where does Kenny Miller fit in??

Could be Liverpool bound.

Got the money we certainly dont.

What makes you think pool are after him? I think Pool will spend a lot to get D.Villa

Will be replacing at least Fowler, Bellamy has given himself more time with that goal.

they've already signed Vornonin from Bayer Leverkusen as (presumeably) Fowler's replacement

Cracking player... would be a pointless waste of too much money.

Watch us sign another top class player, then Roeder not know how to fit all three in, and our formation and entire game collapse and falter and blar blar blar. And if we were to stay with 4-4-2, someone  wouldl always be unhappy.

As exciting as his signing would be we really cannot afford to put all our eggs in one basket this summer!

I agree, which begs the question of why are we looking at a £10 million rated left-back?

As daft as that would be, left-back is a priority. Possibly THE.

But, agreed, if we go and spend £10m on Bale i won't be incredibly happy. How he is worth it at 18, and in the Championship, in an average Championship side... i just don't know.

Leighton Baines... all the way!

Not about Huntelaar but just saw that Roque Santa Cruz is wanting to go to the premiership or Spain.

From Skysports.com

"Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz has admitted he wants to leave the Bundesliga champions at the end of the season and secure a switch to Spain or England.

The Paraguay international said he was frustrated at his lack of playing time at the Allianz Arena and feels it would be better for his career to move to La Liga or the Premiership.

"Spain or England would suit me best," he told AZ. "I want to play. I want to enjoy the feeling of being a footballer again - that's something I'm missing at the moment."

The 25-year-old, who joined Bayern for €5million from Olimpia Asuncion in 1999, is contracted to Bayern until 2009, but feels a move would be of benefit to both himself and the club.

"I don't want to earn my salary by just sitting on the bench. I don't want to pocket my cash for doing nothing." "

I reckon he would be a quality partner for Owen/Martins. Would give us a big guy up front but also one that could play. Does anyone know if he's still decent? Dunno how much he'd cost though. Not as much as Ashton i reckon.