stozo

We don't need any more strikers. We have:

Martins

Dyer

Owen

Shola

Le Sib

Carroll

And Duff, Zoggy, Emre and Milner can play there too if we are really stuck.

Its going to be a bad enough selection headache already once Owen is back imo without another 15m + striker. 

We have no physical presence up front at all, even if we are not playing that way, its nice to be able to mix it up.

The only two decent strikers there are Martins and Owen, and there are less than no guarentees Martins and Owen can play together.

Carroll is a complete unknown quantity, Le Sib is a year older and still a midfielder. Dyer is unlikely to play a full season and isnt a target man.

Provided we bring in a LB, RB and CB or Two Im happy for another striker. We dont need to be spending stupid amounts though.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Here is next seasons forward line...

sibi shola carroll

Owen, martins sold for hard cash to pay off debts

Not about Huntelaar but just saw that Roque Santa Cruz is wanting to go to the premiership or Spain.

From Skysports.com

"Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz has admitted he wants to leave the Bundesliga champions at the end of the season and secure a switch to Spain or England.

The Paraguay international said he was frustrated at his lack of playing time at the Allianz Arena and feels it would be better for his career to move to La Liga or the Premiership.

"Spain or England would suit me best," he told AZ. "I want to play. I want to enjoy the feeling of being a footballer again - that's something I'm missing at the moment."

The 25-year-old, who joined Bayern for 5million from Olimpia Asuncion in 1999, is contracted to Bayern until 2009, but feels a move would be of benefit to both himself and the club.

"I don't want to earn my salary by just sitting on the bench. I don't want to pocket my cash for doing nothing." "

I reckon he would be a quality partner for Owen/Martins. Would give us a big guy up front but also one that could play. Does anyone know if he's still decent? Dunno how much he'd cost though. Not as much as Ashton i reckon.

everything under £7m is a bargain

Its his teamate, Claudio Pizzaro, who we should be after. Hes ripped Arsenal and Real Madrid apart at times, quality player. Good in the air, but far more importantly, good on the deck, and can dribble and link up to a good degree. Consistent player.

Much better than Ashton, and on a free as his contract is up in the summer. Wouldnt be easy to sign, but would be a f****** good addition and worth big wages.

Wouldnt be suprised if those running our club dont even know who he is though, let alone are actually trying to land him on a Bosman. Why bother, when you can blow 10mill on an injury prone poor man's Shearer?

Its his teamate, Claudio Pizzaro, who we should be after. Hes ripped Arsenal and Real Madrid apart at times, quality player. Good in the air, but far more importantly, good on the deck, and can dribble and link up to a good degree. Consistent player.

Much better than Ashton, and on a free as his contract is up in the summer. Wouldnt be easy to sign, but would be a f****** good addition and worth big wages.

Wouldnt be suprised if those running our club dont even know who he is though, let alone are actually trying to land him on a Bosman. Why bother, when you can blow 10mill on an injury prone poor man's Shearer?

isnt he like 31? or is that another Pizzaro

isnt he like 31? or is that another Pizzaro

Been hardly inspiring at Bayern. Injury prone to boot. Couldnt see Roeder gambling on him tbh.

Sure he would rather spunk 13m on bent or Ashton.

Hes shiite, RS Cruz. As shiite as Julio. Good finishers who have no other attributes and would be shiite in the Premiership.

Cant see us spending any bigger money in the summer, so i reckon this is a non-starter. Weve signed Sib, and are waiting for Owen n Ameobi to come back. A rather weak strike force if you ask me, but i think thas what we'll end up with - Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sibierski.

Also, IF he is up for grabs, there'll be more attractive clubs than us for him to chose from.  :'(