Chopra

Nobby

I can see him moving if they don't go up. Pompey, Wigan maybe?

I'm off if we don't go up!

Feb 13 2007

Darren Witcoop, South Wales Echo

MICHAEL CHOPRA has sensationally threatened to quit Cardiff City if they fail to win promotion to the Premiership at the end of the season.

Cardiff's in-form striker, who currently leads the Championship scoring charts with 18 goals, warned the Bluebirds he is keen to make a swift return to the top-flight - with or without them.

Chopra quit home-town club Newcastle United to drop down a division when he made a £500,000 switch to Ninian Park last summer.

And while his goals have given sixth-placed City a real chance of earning elevation to the promised land of the Premiership, the Geordie frontman has expressed his intention to be there even if Dave Jones' side are not.

Asked about his prospects of returning to the top level next season, the 23-year-old revealed to Radio Five Live: 'My main aim this season is to get promoted with Cardiff.

'And hopefully I can.

'But if I don't get promoted with Cardiff, hopefully I can be in the Premiership next season with someone else.'

Chopra - who has netted six goals in his last four games - has become an instant hit with the Bluebirds fans in his first season in South Wales.

But he says he has never lost his desire to be performing on the highest stage once again.

'Once you've had a taste of Premiership football you don't really want to lose it,' he added.

'But I had to lose it as I wasn't playing with Newcastle.

'I made my mind up I wanted first-team football and needed to play week in week out.'

Guest WalkervilleMag

bet we never put a sell-on clause on him when we sold him to Cardiff. 

Cardiff will make a massive profit on him, when they sell him.