Podcasts

Guest Echo

Been dipping into Knowledge Fight recently with the Alex Jones trial being in the news.

The hosts have a very Dollop energy about them (with a lot less of the 'bits' they do) and genuinely seem like they've been following Jones for so long that they could have taken over the trial themselves and done a better job. They seem to understand the trial really well and can point out exactly what the lawyers are getting at no matter what the question. 

I sat and listened to a 2.5hour ep the other day thinking I'd see what it started like and maybe turn it off if it got a bit dry but the fact that it's about Jones means there's just so much room for piss taking and general ridiculousness. 

(Also it's worth downloading just to listen to the amazing opening theme tune they've made)

4 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

Been dipping into Knowledge Fight recently with the Alex Jones trial being in the news.

The hosts have a very Dollop energy about them (with a lot less of the 'bits' they do) and genuinely seem like they've been following Jones for so long that they could have taken over the trial themselves and done a better job. They seem to understand the trial really well and can point out exactly what the lawyers are getting at no matter what the question. 

I sat and listened to a 2.5hour ep the other day thinking I'd see what it started like and maybe turn it off if it got a bit dry but the fact that it's about Jones means there's just so much room for piss taking and general ridiculousness. 

(Also it's worth downloading just to listen to the amazing opening theme tune they've made)

I started listening to it a while back and it kinda feels like they’re doing something important. The main guy was a consultant for the plaintiffs in the Texas case. If you haven’t done so already, go back and listen to the Eps based round the depositions from the InfoWars staff. Think they fall under the heading “Formulaic Objections”. Really exposes what an utter shitshow Infowars is.

Some people get really put off by Jordan, the hyperactive one. Think I heard somewhere he’s bipolar or something. You get used to him. Dan has an extraordinarily good voice for radio though - imponderably liquid and smooth.

Just now, leffe186 said:

I started listening to it a while back and it kinda feels like they’re doing something important. The main guy was a consultant for the plaintiffs in the Texas case. If you haven’t done so already, go back and listen to the Eps based round the depositions from the InfoWars staff. Think they fall under the heading “Formulaic Objections”. Really exposes what an utter shitshow Infowars is.

Some people get really put off by Jordan, the hyperactive one. Think I heard somewhere he’s bipolar or something. You get used to him. Dan has an extraordinarily good voice for radio though - imponderably liquid and smooth.

I think coming from back to back Dollop eps I would never consider him hyperactive compared to Gareth [emoji38]

They referenced those depositions a lot in the big recap episode I heard so I might go back and give those a try. Cheers for the recommendation.

4 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

I think coming from back to back Dollop eps I would never consider him hyperactive compared to Gareth [emoji38]

They referenced those depositions a lot in the big recap episode I heard so I might go back and give those a try. Cheers for the recommendation.

Yeah, it was genuinely cathartic and somewhat moving listening to the post-trial episode with Mark Bankston after having gone through the whole build-up to the trial. Really felt like we’d gone through it with them.

18 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Resnicks is worth it. I’ve been doing the Clarence Thomas hearings and I’m not sure I can get through it all. I didn’t realize quite what a fucking disaster Biden was.

:lol: Holy SHIT the Resnicks.

:anguish: I've given them so much fucking money.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: Holy SHIT the Resnicks.

:anguish: I've given them so much fucking money.

Right? Fucking pistachios. Thank goodness I’ve never (iirc) bought a bottle of Fiji water.

It would feel remiss if I didn’t come in and bang the drum for Chart Music since the new episode has just landed on my feed.

The concept is pretty simple - a rotating cast of former Melody Maker writers go in-depth on an old episode of Top of the Pops.  However, over the years it’s grown to be a much longer (episodes can clock in at about 7 hours) examination of British culture, politics, media of the 60s/70s/80s/90s/00s with a few hours of music chat somewhere in the middle. Most importantly of all though it is really fucking funny.

https://chartmusiccouk.wordpress.com

Anyone here listen to The Teacher's Pet podcast from Australia a few years ago about the bloke that wife's "disappeared" while he was having an affair with one of his students? He was convicted of murder today

I hadn't noticed, but season 3 (Korea) of Blowback is out now for subscription buyers. Season 1 and 2 were so good that I've bitten the bullet to pay for it now instead of waiting.

I can't imagine it'll be too long until it's out for free, but I highly recommend seasons 1 (Iraq) and 2 (Cuba) to everyone, it's outstanding.

On 03/09/2022 at 08:21, Mike said:

:lol: Moving day ep of The Dollop had me howling. How was that a real thing.

was gonna skip that cos I knew the story, somewhat at least. Will get it on.

Was re-listening to the Reagan one the other day. Absolutely amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Great James Bond Car robbery is inaccurate as hell, but worth a listen. It'll give you an idea of our investigation.

I honestly don't know where they came up with this idea that there were tire marks leading to a runway at the Boca Raton airport, where the car was stolen. It says nothing of tire marks in the police reports or early press cuttings.

On 14/09/2022 at 19:34, TBG said:

If they keep this up (that and not wanting 'Cum Town Premium' appearing on bank statements) and I might end up subscribing to the Patreon

When Dasha turns up

:lol: 

Proper died laughing at Nick walking in holding his mic :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus