Will West Ham be able to 'Do a Juve'

Guest Slagter_Palle

Guest Slagter_Palle

When Juve this summer was relegated they sold a few stars af kept other like Buffon, Trezeguet, Nedved etc. And now they are very much likely to make it a 1 season Serie B.

Can and will Hammers maintain the majourity of their better players? So they can make a quick return to PL?

The probably got the finances to do it, but will a club going down be able to hold on to players with higher ambitions?

For me it's not likely Hammers will be able to keep their better players and I think that  following players will be sold: Tevez,  Neill, Upson, Reo-Cooker, Ferdinand, Konchesky! If so they will find it very hard to be relegated, and will be only slightly better than the Mackems team, and that will not be able to reach promotion.

Tevez will go 3 minutes after the match which officially condemns then down to the championship...Reo would definately go, as would Neill...Ashton may stay because he might feel he owes them something...ferdinand will probably go cause he thinks he is god's gift to defending. Dunno about benayoun..i think he would RIP up the championship so he may stay....One of the promoted teams could splash the cash on him tho....

If they don't get what they think is a reasonable price for the players they won't be going anywhere IMO.

It'll be interesting to see what Upson's clause says as I can't see anyone matching the fee West Ham paid.

Roeder reveals tumour taunts

Former Hammers manager asked by fans: 'Why didn't you die three years ago?'

Former Hammers boss Glenn Roeder has revealed the extent of the abuse he took during Newcastle's 2-0 win at Upton Park, claiming fans taunted him over the brain cancer he suffered while managing West Ham during their Premiership relegation season in 2003, dubbing him "tumour boy" and asking "why didn't you die three years ago?"

Roeder collapsed in his office in April that year, and did not return to his post until the following season, when he was sacked after a poor start in the then First Division. He had previously led the club to a seventh-place Premiership finish in 2002.

"One of the saddest things about Sunday was that when I looked at the faces of some of the people who were shouting at me, they were men of my age," Roeder said. "Men in their forties and fifties, men screaming about brain tumours and death, men who, God forbid, might find themselves in the same position as me one day.

"At least I was there to hear them yelling what they were yelling. I'm much happier that I'm alive to hear it and not lying beneath the ground somewhere. I was lying on a table for five hours when I had my brain operation and I recovered from my illness and I have moved on."

The trouble started after Roeder waved to Newcastle fans who were chanting his name - something he did on the advice of match delegate Peter Shreeves. "I didn't want any more trouble," he added. "I didn't want our result to be overshadowed. I just wanted to move on. But I think the Newcastle fans would have found it upsetting if I had not acknowledged them when they shouted my name. I do feel that in this politically correct world of ours, the majority stay silent and we let ourselves be controlled by the loud minority.

"And it is also important to mention that when I came out of the tunnel at the start, there were just as many West Ham fans clapping me as shouting at me."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1876726,00.html

Guest Slagter_Palle

If Upson has a clause it won't be around the 8-9 mio. £ Hammers paid. What meaning would it have then??? Wonder if Roeder could make Tevez adapt and score ind the PL like Oba :smitten:

Hope they get buried at the bottom of the football league for what their fans chanted at Roeder.

thats the only reason i want them to go down aswell, hate them since that day. bunch of cocks

Yep same here, Ive hated West Ham since that day. It wasnt even a very small group of fans there was a lot of them singing it and trying to get to him.

Hope they get buried at the bottom of the football league for what their fans chanted at Roeder.

thats the only reason i want them to go down aswell, hate them since that day. bunch of cocks

Yep same here, Ive hated West Ham since that day. It wasnt even a very small group of fans there was a lot of them singing it and trying to get to him.

aye i know, i was there and heard them, we were singing 'there's only one glenn roeder' throughout the abuse

papers said it was a small minority - was it fuck

aye i know, i was there and heard them, we were singing 'there's only one glenn roeder' throughout the abuse

papers said it was a small minority - was it f***

A huge group tried to get to Roeder and god knows what they would of done to him if they got to him

It brings a smile to my face to see them going back to the championship.