Questions about The Queen

bulivye

don't know much about the royals since i'm from across the sea, but the question came up last night about whether or not the queen is married, if so, to whom, and is he still alive? 

i've half-heartedly attempted to google these, but really can't be arsed and would rather someone knowlegeable just explain things for me.

anyway, in hopes that i am not a complete tit, i did mention that a mountbatten was involved somehow.  was that wrong?

cheers!

:angel:

:lol:

Yes she is, to Prince Philip, who is a Mountbatten: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_philip

http://www.arcworld.org/databases/Prince%20Philip.jpg

Still very much alive but disappointed to have dropped to third in the list of "Britain's favourite racists" behind Emre and Ron Atkinson.

cheers again, wullie! O0    what does he do besides hate people who look different from him?

Yes she is, to Prince Philip, who is a Mountbatten: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_philip

http://www.arcworld.org/databases/Prince%20Philip.jpg

Still very much alive but disappointed to have dropped to third in the list of "Britain's favourite racists" behind Emre and Ron Atkinson.

cheers again, wullie! O0    what does he do besides hate people who look different from him?

Erm... pass. I'm not really sure what any of them do!

I'd imagine his role is generally the same as the other royals, general ambassador, except when he does it, he inevitably ends up saying something highly offensive to whoever he happens to be visiting.

The Greek royal family were originally 'loaned' from Denmark. I'm a bit pedantic about this...sorry.

Weren't they partly Russian too?

Perhaps because originally the European and Austrian/Hungarian/Russian royal families were all (surprise surprise) pretty much inter bred. :uglystupid2: :idiot2:

He's a greek, how on earth can he be racist?

:tongue:

Aye, cos the Greeks are never racist.

Female logic at work again there... :rolleyes:

You missed that tongue popping in and out there i see.

Oh yeah! Seen it now. Surprised I missed that - as I do love a good bit of tongue popping in and out...

Oh yeah! Seen it now. Surprised I missed that - as I do love a good bit of tongue popping in and out...

Guest Snow_Bunny

Dont we all  :tongue:

Guest kockoutned

None of them are really English.

That’s not true Parky, the Queen Mother’s family (Bowes-Lyon) actually hails from County Durham.

And you could say that Diana had more of a claim to the throne than the royals, given that she was descended from the Stuart line.

That?s not true Parky, the Queen Mother?s family (Bowes-Lyon) actually hails from County Durham.

And you could say that Diana had more of a claim to the throne than the royals, given that she was descended from the Stuart line.

The queen mothers family line are Scottish.

"The Queen Mother had a long association with Scotland. As the youngest daughter of the Earl and Countess of Strathmore and Kinghorne, her family were wealthy Scots aristocracy who claimed a direct line from Robert the Bruce and maintained the ancestral seat of Glamis Castle in Angus."

As I said there isn't much English in there. Lady Di wasn't a HRH when she died. You are right in a way she was brought in to dilute the 'mad blood' a bit. ;)

That?s not true Parky, the Queen Mother?s family (Bowes-Lyon) actually hails from County Durham.

"The Queen Mother had a long association with Scotland. As the youngest daughter of the Earl and Countess of Strathmore and Kinghorne, her family were wealthy Scots aristocracy who claimed a direct line from Robert the Bruce and maintained the ancestral seat of Glamis Castle in Angus."

As I said there isn't much English in there. Lady Di wasn't a HRH when she died. You are right in a way she was brought in to dilute the 'mad blood' a bit. ;)

They should have brought in someone to dilute the baldness gene.  Maybe someone related to Roy Wood.  As it is poor Wills will be ringing up Elton John for advice on how to weld his bum hair to his scalp before too long.  They may be stupid but the least you can expect from your future King is a luxuriant head of hair, preferably stylishly coiffured by a homosexual.  Can't even get that right this lot.  Bloody inbreds, tsk  :icon_biggrin:

They should have brought in someone to dilute the baldness gene.  Maybe someone related to Roy Wood.  As it is poor Wills will be ringing up Elton John for advice on how to weld his bum hair to his scalp before too long.  They may be stupid but the least you can expect from your future King is a luxuriant head of hair, preferably stylishly coiffured by a homosexual.  Can't even get that right this lot.  Bloody inbreds, tsk  :icon_biggrin:

mackems.gif