Sunday gossip - Bellamy to mackems??

Guest Darth Toon

Guest Darth Toon

From the Beeb today:

Arsenal are braced to make a £20m summer swoop for Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o. (Sunday Express, People)

But the unsettled Cameroon forward could also be a target for Chelsea, who would be prepared to offer a staggering £50m. (News of the World)

Middlesbrough are eyeing a £3m summer move for West Brom striker Diomansy Kamara. (Sunday Mirror)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is ready to offer big money for striker Craig Bellamy if he is unloaded by Liverpool. (Sunday Mirror)

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has snubbed a bid by Barcelona to take him back to Spain. (News of the World)

Reading are aiming to take Bobby Zamora from West Ham at the end of the season. (People)

Former club Newcastle want to hijack Jonathan Woodgate's permanent move to Middlesbrough. (News of the World)

Manchester United could lure Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura to Old Trafford. (People)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is interested in bringing former Tottenham and West Ham striker Fredi Kanoute back to the Premiership. (Sunday Express).

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho could hand Glen Johnson a second chance at Chelsea and bring him back from his loan spell at Portsmouth while shipping Paulo Ferreira out of Stamford Bridge at the end of the season. (People)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre has denied rumours he is to quit Old Trafford at the end of the season. (News of the World)

Atletico Madrid have opened the door for Manchester United to swoop for striker Fernando Torres. (News of the World)

Former player Ray Ranson has emerged as a possible contender in the £80m takeover battle for Manchester City. (Sunday Mirror)

Arsenal's teenage Brazilian star Denilson is to reward himself with a trip to Madame Tussauds if the Gunners win the Carling Cup final. (People)

:crazy2:

Let's face it if Liverpool were mad enough to offload Bellamy, he is going to have plenty of options and that being the case there is no way he'd sign for a club like Sunderland even taking into consideration the "Big Niall's magic carpet" phenomenon.

We really need to put the Macums season in a kind of context. They always do well in the 2nd level, and in fact they actually did BETTER under the previous chairman, manager and players at that level. I.E. they actually won the league.

That did not stop them then being the two worst relegated sides the Premiership has ever had. At this point in time Quinn/Keane have done nothing that Murray/McCarthy didn't also achieve, although you'll struggle to point that out to their intoxicated supporters right now.

We really need to put the Macums season in a kind of context. They always do well in the 2nd level, and in fact they actually did BETTER under the previous chairman, manager and players at that level. I.E. they actually won the league.

That did not stop them then being the two worst relegated sides the Premiership has ever had. At this point in time Quinn/Keane have done nothing that Murray/McCarthy didn't also achieve, although you'll struggle to point that out to their intoxicated supporters right now.

Best post related to Sunderland I've seen anywhere recently. 

That said though, i was saying to my mates at the match yesterday that should we go up (far from certain) that we should at least inquire about Bellamy should Liverpool try and and ship him out.  As he'd offer something we havn't had for years up front, and that's pace.  Plus it would be a statement of intent from the board. 

That said though, i was saying to my mates at the match yesterday that should we go up (far from certain) that we should at least inquire about Bellamy should Liverpool try and and ship him out.  As he'd offer something we havn't had for years up front, and that's pace.  Plus it would be a statement of intent from the board. 

Exactly. It's worth a go. Didn't you bid for Crouch just before he left Southampton for Liverpool?

Sunderland's best hope would be that a move there would apply to his twatness. However I think the one brain cell he does have would realise it wouldn't do him any good really.

Also Keane was quick to get rid of the video stars which would suggest his attitude to troublemakers is more from the Ferguson school of management than the HTL/LM one.

Exactly. It's worth a go. Didn't you bid for Crouch just before he left Southampton for Liverpool?

I believe we did bid for Crouch but if I remember correctly it was when he was at Portsmouth, or on loan at Norwich or possibly both.  As Reid singled him out for the Quinn role but at the time neither Portsmouth or Villa wanted to let him go. 

http://www.sunderland-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=221662

Peter

Crouch\Striker\Southampton\3m - Has played well this season, but has done nothing previously. Why waste money on a player like this, when we already have big Kyler. Thanks, but no thanks.

Oops. :lol:

:lol:

I thought we were after him earlier than that.  Sunderland Mad are possibly the worst site I've come across for news, and judging players as well obviously. 

Sunderland's best hope would be that a move there would apply to his twatness. However I think the one brain cell he does have would realise it wouldn't do him any good really.

Also Keane was quick to get rid of the video stars which would suggest his attitude to troublemakers is more from the Ferguson school of management than the HTL/LM one.

The bit in bold shows your lack of understanding of what people have been saying about managing players, hardly surprising though.

Ferguson is fantastic at man management and it's his methods I agree with, ie he put up with a difficult personality in Keane because he knew how important he was to his team. :idiot2:

The bit in bold shows your lack of understanding of what people have been saying about managing players, hardly surprising though.

Ferguson is fantastic at man management and it's his methods I agree with, ie he put up with a difficult personality in Keane because he knew how important he was to his team. :idiot2:

Jaap Stam?