Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

I was at the village of the damned yesterday with my mate who is a derby county fan and i was surprised to see giles barnes on the bench ,derby were crap in the first half playing hopeful long balls up front and did not look like a team top of there division and the mackems had what i can only say was a extremely dubious penalty in there favour .In the second half barnes came on and i can honestly say he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile and scored a goal which peter beardsley or henry ,gazza etc would have been proud of ,apart from that he had great skill and a good engine and if i was glen roeder i would make a concerted effort to sign him .has anyone else seen him and what are your thoughts .

He was fantastic when he came on yesterday.  Really spurred on Derby for around the 20 mins of the second half they were really on top.  The lad is a special talent and it won't be long before he's signed by one of the big teams in the Premiership.

Never watched him play but he is obviously great talent

I hope that at least we try to sign him but i doubt it will happen

Until Glenda make some contact with Derby the transfer window will be closed as usual

Guest elbee909

He's too good for Newcastle.  Probs end up at Spurs.

so spurs are a better proposition than us i dont think so ,team america ,chelski or manure more likely destination.

Spurs are more likely to a) buy him, which we probably won't do and b) play him, which Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U probably won't do.

Oh Jesus :lol:

nothing funny about it tbh.

If he goes to spurs he will either get stuck on the left wing or act as an understudy to lennon on the right.

Guest kingdawson

So you think you are better prospect than us? Why?Or is this another Berbatov better than Owen moment?

no i think were pretty even tbh but for a youngster making the step up from the championship, i think spurs will be the better option for him, because of the style of football we play. An open and attacking game will be best suited for young, raw midfielders.

So you think you are better prospect than us? Why?Or is this another Berbatov better than Owen moment?

no i think were pretty even tbh but for a youngster making the step up from the championship, i think spurs will be the better option for him, because of the style of football we play. An open and attacking game will be best suited for young, raw midfielders.

Ah I forgot you are the kings of all out attacking football.

:rolleyes:

So you think you are better prospect than us? Why?

They have a superior squad and manager.

Why do you think we're currently a better prospect than Tottenham?

So you think you are better prospect than us? Why?

They have a superior squad and manager.

Why do you think we're currently a better prospect than Tottenham?

The only thing spurs have superior over us is squad depth. That's it!

Guest kingdawson

Ah I forgot you are the kings of all out attacking football.

:rolleyes:

I didnt say that did i. There isnt any point twisting my words or taking what i say as a personnal attack to your club. What i was trying to say is, the style of football we play dosent restrict the centre midfielders from going to a certain position or area in the pitch(which isnt neccesarily a good thing). Take a look at Jenas's record with us compared to hes record with newcastle (in terms of goals and assists).