Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

Guest kingdawson

Still s**** though isn't he?

Who Jenas?? not in the slightest. 10 goals in 45 premiership games and 3 goals in 8 cup games is a good record for a centre midfielder. Been an excellent signing and contributes a lot to the team.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Who Jenas?? not in the slightest. 10 goals in 45 premiership games and 3 goals in 8 cup games is a good record for a centre midfielder. Been an excellent signing and contributes a lot to the team.

no

he really is shite, so glad we got rid of him, something good newcastle done for a long time

Guest kingdawson

no

he really is s****, so glad we got rid of him, something good newcastle done for a long time

What do you man 'no'. Im talking about Jenas's performances and contribution as a spurs player. Heard he played crap for you lot (excluding he's 1st season) but thats really none of my concern. You lot were happy to get rid and were very happy to have him so i guess both parties are satisfied.

no

he really is s****, so glad we got rid of him, something good newcastle done for a long time

What do you man 'no'. Im talking about Jenas's performances and contribution as a spurs player. Heard he played crap for you lot (excluding he's 1st season) but thats really none of my concern. You lot were happy to get rid and were very happy to have him so i guess both parties are satisfied.

Two guys I work with are both Spurs fans who regularly go to games, both say hes the shittest player theyve seen in a long time, does absolutely nothing with no idea of how to play in midfield, except of course for scoring the odd tap in. They absolutely loathe him.

tbf any team that has Tom Huddlestone bossing the game is going to be a better bet, that kids better than Fabregas and probably Zidane at his peak!

Yep. Huddlestone/Jenas makes Viera/Zidane look paultry.

He's too good for Newcastle.  Probs end up at Spurs.

Oh Jesus :lol:

nothing funny about it tbh.

So you think you are better prospect than us? Why?Or is this another Berbatov better than Owen moment?

no i think were pretty even tbh but for a youngster making the step up from the championship, i think spurs will be the better option for him, because of the style of football we play. An open and attacking game will be best suited for young, raw midfielders.

Ah I forgot you are the kings of all out attacking football.

:rolleyes:

I didnt say that did i. There isnt any point twisting my words or taking what i say as a personnal attack to your club. What i was trying to say is, the style of football we play dosent restrict the centre midfielders from going to a certain position or area in the pitch(which isnt neccesarily a good thing). Take a look at Jenas's record with us compared to hes record with newcastle (in terms of goals and assists).

So you're backing up this claim by telling me to look at Jenas's record?

Deary me...

Guest kingdawson

He's too good for Newcastle.  Probs end up at Spurs.

Oh Jesus :lol:

nothing funny about it tbh.

So you think you are better prospect than us? Why?Or is this another Berbatov better than Owen moment?

no i think were pretty even tbh but for a youngster making the step up from the championship, i think spurs will be the better option for him, because of the style of football we play. An open and attacking game will be best suited for young, raw midfielders.

Ah I forgot you are the kings of all out attacking football.

:rolleyes:

I didnt say that did i. There isnt any point twisting my words or taking what i say as a personnal attack to your club. What i was trying to say is, the style of football we play dosent restrict the centre midfielders from going to a certain position or area in the pitch(which isnt neccesarily a good thing). Take a look at Jenas's record with us compared to hes record with newcastle (in terms of goals and assists).

So you're backing up this claim by telling me to look at Jenas's record?

Deary me...

yes he's goalscoring record was pretty shite for you lot yet its very good for us. Understand now??

yes he's goalscoring record was pretty s**** for you lot yet its very good for us. Understand now??

That's pretty terrible evidence of this non restricting midfield display tbh. Maybe if you came up with more than that I could come around to your reasoning, but until then you're just making yourself look like a loon.

Guest kingdawson

yes he's goalscoring record was pretty s**** for you lot yet its very good for us. Understand now??

That's pretty terrible evidence of this non restricting midfield display tbh. Maybe if you came up with more than that I could come around to your reasoning, but until then you're just making yourself look like a loon.

How can i come up with more examples when Jenas is the only midfielder to move between the 2 clubs in recent history :rolleyes:

How can i come up with more examples when Jenas is the only midfielder to move between the 2 clubs in recent history :rolleyes:

Ermm it's not just about Jenas you fruit. You claimed that Barnes would be better suited going to spurs "because of the style of football we play. An open and attacking game will be best suited for young, raw midfielders" and "the style of football we play dosent restrict the centre midfielders from going to a certain position or area in the pitch" but the only evidence you've used to back that up is the fact Jenas has scored more goals for Spurs than he did for NUFC.

It's like me saying we are an extremley creative team and backing it up by saying that Le Sib is scoring more goals here than he did for Man City, which isn't necessarily the case, some players just play better when they move clubs for various reasons.

IMO, and lots of other peoples opinions, Jenas is wank.

Thats all I care about.

The only people I have ever heard call him a good player are Schpursch fans.

hmmm....

Guest Morph

Was quoted 5 mil last summer.  Probs have risen a million or two, depending on Derby's promotion.  If they get promoted he will stay, if not - then you know whats gonna happen.

never seen him play due to living abroad but reports are that this kid is superb - what worries me is our continued dalliance on transfer matters

we (in the past admittedly) think nothing of spaffing 10m on a player from the continent but a season ago could have snapped this lad up for what?  2-3m?

now, assuming glenn is actually "convinced" by barnes we'll have to go in and compete with the likes of spurs and in order to get the would be paying 5m+ easy

as much as i dislike spurs you can't deny their board have been clever since ENIC (think that's right right) took over - they've gambled at an early stage on promising talent like lennon (1m ish) and have won some/lost some; but the likelihood is that even with average players like calum davenport you're gonna get someone to take them back off you (west ham 3m) 'cause they're at a good age, maybe for more than you paid, if the gamble doesn't pay off

look at us with jenas...we gambled 5m but 'cause he was young, english, athletic and still had potential we made profit on him, incredibly

a lesson for both our board and manager there perhaps?

Jenas is on a par with Parker, very, very average, I'm glad we sold him 'cos he's not good enough.

It's a shame we didn't replace him with someone better.

I fully agree. We took a step forward by selling him then took another back by replacing him with someone of the same abilities any larger wages.

Guest kingdawson

Jenas is on a par with Parker, very, very average, I'm glad we sold him 'cos he's not good enough.

It's a shame we didn't replace him with someone better.

I fully agree. We took a step forward by selling him then took another back by replacing him with someone of the same abilities any larger wages.

difference being jenas can score and assist???

Guest Douga

Jenas is alot moer attacking and box to box

Wheras Parker is a tackler and a . . . .

Jenas wil be much more succesful than parker and if roeder was talking about keeping the average age down Jenas coud have been a perfect way to do that.

But no we  would rather have a tough guy in there who makes the wooo when he puts in a tackle whereas Jenas was a player who woud make the crowd stand up by doing something wth the ball