Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

Guest kingdawson

Barnes played for you yet KD? Havent really heard from him since he signed for you...

;D ;D ;DFair enough i got that one wrong. Still think we'll get him next season (if derby dont get promoted).

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, it's being reported that Barnes' agent is saying that there is no 'informal' agreement for Barnes to be allowed to move on even if Derby do get promoted, an agreement on those lines has been rumoured since the last window, reputedly with Spurs.

The agent says that Barnes will stay with Derby if they are promoted especially as they are starting to pay good money. The clubs that are interested are Spurs Everton and Newcastle, Liverpool definitely not.  Someone else who claims to know his family says his preferred destination would be Arsenal and his agent is trying hard to get them interested.

Nothing much of substance but that's it if you're interested.

For what it's worth, it's being reported that Barnes' agent is saying that there is no 'informal' agreement for Barnes to be allowed to move on even if Derby do get promoted, an agreement on those lines has been rumoured since the last window, reputedly with Spurs.

I'm back!!

Had a great time apart from the cricket, Newcastle doing the double over us, and the scum's draw in the first leg with probably worse to follow tonight.

Good to be home.

BTW, Newcastle have had a bid for Giles Barnes accepted. ;)

So it went from being a solid fact that we'd agreed a deal to take Barnes in January, but now they're only rumours, and it's Tottenham anyway who had an agreement.

* Jol Talks s**** and Lies Vol. 2524b

He looks like a big fish in a small pool at Derby at the moment. I think he's a very talented player but he may be getting a bit big for his boots right now. A move to a bigger club at this point might be what he needs.

Spurs targetting central midfielders again for some reason.

He'd have a better shot of playing more often here so that could be to our advantage, can't say I've seen a lot of him tbh so can't really comment on how useful a signing he'd be.

Jenas is on a par with Parker, very, very average, I'm glad we sold him 'cos he's not good enough.

It's a shame we didn't replace him with someone better.

I fully agree. We took a step forward by selling him then took another back by replacing him with someone of the same abilities any larger wages.

difference being jenas can score and assist???

For us, they do the exact same thing for the team. Jenas will get a cheer for going on one of his runs, Parker will get a cheer for a crunching tackle. Jenas will get the ball look around alot and pass it square, Parker does the same added a few nice look pirrouettes. For what its worth Jenas square passes look abit better than Parker's.

Both'll get the odd goal and assist. They both even manage to put a good performance in against the top sides.

if roeder wants to build a team this is the sort of player we need but i very much doubt we will get him if we even bid just a gut feeling because of our situation and no doubt better teams moving for him .oh and i forgot roeders manager  :'(

I'm back!!

Had a great time apart from the cricket, Newcastle doing the double over us, and the scum's draw in the first leg with probably worse to follow tonight.

Good to be home.

So it went from being a solid fact that we'd agreed a deal to take Barnes in January, but now they're only rumours, and it's Tottenham anyway who had an agreement.

Try to read it again.  I said Newcastle had a bid accepted, I didn't say a deal was agreed.  Acceptance of a bid indicates the fee to be paid is agreed, not  personal terms nor even if the player wants to move to Newcastle.  You may recall that Spurs had a bid accepted by Chelsea for Damien Duff.  He still finished up at SJP in spite of that.

Where did I say that Spurs had an agreement?  I said "an agreement on those lines has been rumoured since the last window, reputedly with Spurs."  What I said and what you say I said are poles apart.  The simple fact is you have your opinions and distort the facts or rewrite history to make them fit your opinions. 

I'm back!!

Good to be home.

Try to read it again.  I said Newcastle had a bid accepted, I didn't say a deal was agreed.  Acceptance of a bid indicates the fee to be paid is agreed, not  personal terms nor even if the player wants to move to Newcastle.  You may recall that Spurs had a bid accepted by Chelsea for Damien Duff.  He still finished up at SJP in spite of that.

Where did I say that Spurs had an agreement?  I said "an agreement on those lines has been rumoured since the last window, reputedly with Spurs."  What I said and what you say I said are poles apart.  The simple fact is you have your opinions and distort the facts or rewrite history to make them fit your opinions. 

Haha, a new signature... trying to prove something?

Actually Jol you said "Both Spurs and Newcastle have had bids accepted, it's now up to the player.

Spurs have Thudd trying to convince him Spurs is the right place, Newcastle will no doubt offer more in wages.  More likely to go to Newcastle imho."

Only for this article to appear to Derby's website.

Horton: No bids in for Barnes

By Steve Nicholson

Derby County say they have not received any offers for midfielder Giles Barnes.

The 18-year-old was left out of the 16 on duty for last night's 1-0 Championship victory over Burnley at Pride Park.

This has sparked further speculation over his future at the club with the transfer window set to close at midnight tonight.

Barnes has continually been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur but Rams managing director Mike Horton said before the Burnley game: "If the number of people who have been reported as being interested in Giles phoned me, I would be a very busy man.

"We have still not had any serious phone calls about him."

First-team coach Julian Darby said Barnes had been left out because of squad rotation.

"We have strength in depth. There will be changes and players will be rested," he added. "Giles played against Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as did Seth Johnson and Richard Jackson, who were also not involved against Burnley."

Derby have made five signings during the January window, splashing out around £3.7m on David Jones, Craig Fagan, Gary Teale, Stephen Pearson and Jay McEveley.

Manager Billy Davies would also like to add West Ham United full-back Tyrone Mears to his squad, possibly on loan, and is keen on bringing in another striker.

But Horton said he did not expect "fireworks" on the final day of transfer business.

He suggested one or two may come in and one or two could leave, adding: "I can't see there being any huge revelations but the window means one phone call could change all that.

"If the price is right and the opportunity is there, we will always look to take advantage of it."

The official close of play today is midnight but the funds or deposits for significant transfers must be lodged within normal banking hours.

I'm back!!

Good to be home.

Not at all.  Just saying I wasn't down the Brickie's having a pint after the match!

I'm back!!

Good to be home.

Not at all.  Just saying I wasn't down the Brickie's having a pint after the match!

Bob, what has a boardroom pass got to do with the The Bricklayers Arms ?

Actually Jol you said "Both Spurs and Newcastle have had bids accepted, it's now up to the player.

Spurs have Thudd trying to convince him Spurs is the right place, Newcastle will no doubt offer more in wages.  More likely to go to Newcastle imho."

By Steve Nicholson

The 18-year-old was left out of the 16 on duty for last night's 1-0 Championship victory over Burnley at Pride Park.

This has sparked further speculation over his future at the club with the transfer window set to close at midnight tonight.

Barnes has continually been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur but Rams managing director Mike Horton said before the Burnley game: "If the number of people who have been reported as being interested in Giles phoned me, I would be a very busy man.

First-team coach Julian Darby said Barnes had been left out because of squad rotation.

"We have strength in depth. There will be changes and players will be rested," he added. "Giles played against Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as did Seth Johnson and Richard Jackson, who were also not involved against Burnley."

Derby have made five signings during the January window, splashing out around £3.7m on David Jones, Craig Fagan, Gary Teale, Stephen Pearson and Jay McEveley.

Manager Billy Davies would also like to add West Ham United full-back Tyrone Mears to his squad, possibly on loan, and is keen on bringing in another striker.

But Horton said he did not expect "fireworks" on the final day of transfer business.

He suggested one or two may come in and one or two could leave, adding: "I can't see there being any huge revelations but the window means one phone call could change all that.

"If the price is right and the opportunity is there, we will always look to take advantage of it."

The official close of play today is midnight but the funds or deposits for significant transfers must be lodged within normal banking hours.

Without going to the effort of rummaging through history, I recall FFS saying that Jenas would only leave Newcastle if a bid of £15m was received (or words to that effect).  Clubs will put out on their sites what suits them at the time.  Spurs said that Keane was unlikely to play today because of a knee injury but  he was there all the same.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/teamnews190407.html

By Steve Nicholson

Without going to the effort of rummaging through history, I recall FFS saying that Jenas would only leave Newcastle if a bid of £15m was received (or words to that effect).  Clubs will put out on their sites what suits them at the time.  Spurs said that Keane was unlikely to play today because of a knee injury but  he was there all the same.

Bit of a difference don't you think?

If Derby had accepted 2 different bids for Barnes then why would they deny any bid had been made? They would more likely announce that bids had been accepted to try and start a bidding war.

I'm back!!

Good to be home.

Nothing at all.  And the name isn't Bob either, but 9/10 for detective work! :lol:

I'm back!!

Good to be home.

Nothing at all.  And the name isn't Bob either, but 9/10 for detective work! :lol:

:lol:

So who is Bob Hale?

By Steve Nicholson

If Derby had accepted 2 different bids for Barnes then why would they deny any bid had been made? They would more likely announce that bids had been accepted to try and start a bidding war.

A bidding war would be good if Derby were looking for maximum income following a sale.  If they are not looking to sell with hopes of promotion to the premiership, better to try to deter prospective buyers.  Of course, the agents will have a different agenda and may ry to put a spanner in the works.

By Steve Nicholson

A bidding war would be good if Derby were looking for maximum income following a sale.  If they are not looking to sell with hopes of promotion to the premiership, better to try to deter prospective buyers.  Of course, the agents will have a different agenda and may ry to put a spanner in the works.

I would assume if they didn't want to sell they wouldn't accept the bids? :lol:

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif  at the very mention of this posters credibility.

The above was a classic, but this, THIS, to me, is one of the best message board moments in history, of any message board.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=27311.msg533850#msg533850

My apologies if I have put this message in the wrong place.

My parents are on vacation in Mauritius with the money Dad won by guessing Glen Roader (he asked me to say that!!).  When I spoke to him earlier he told me that he has been informed that both Newcastle and Tottenham are wishing to sign Mido (Rome) and Cicinio (Madrid).  Mido would prefer Tottenham but Newcastle have offered double the salary and his agent would prefer him to go there.  Mido has had another medical with Tottenham which he has passed after losing 30lb since his last medical 2 months ago.  Cicinio's transfer fee is around £6m but Dad thinks both players will both move to Newcastle, which he's a bit annoyed about but Tottenham will buy Ben Arthur instead.

I hope this makes sense as I'm not really into football (much to Dad's disgust), rugby is my game. :cool:  If it doesn't make any sense he'll be back next week!

epepepepepepepepe  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif :D