Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

If the bid really was £2 million, then it was bound to be rejected. I reckon it'll take about £6 million to shift him.

Reckon we will try and get a deal eventually rising to 6 million

4 million plus add ons

if true i wonder who is conducting the deal ?

If the bid really was £2 million, then it was bound to be rejected. I reckon it'll take about £6 million to shift him.

4 million plus add ons

do you mean you wonder if keegan wants him??

4 million plus add ons

no i mean if mort or jiminez is doing the negotiations ?

(rumours are that mort is out of the country)

Guest Erich von Manstein

With today's inlfated market, a £2m bid is well and truly not enough.

Doubt Jiminez is behind this move either.

4 million plus add ons

no i mean if mort or jiminez is doing the negotiations ?

(rumours are that mort is out of the country)

oh right maybe by phone or is there someone else at the club who does this??

we could do with an arrogant tosser

the place hasn't been the same since dyer left

Really though, Barnes is an outstanding talent and if handled correctly he could well do a job at the highest level (not as a roofer though)

Really though, Barnes is an outstanding talent and if handled correctly he could well do a job at the highest level (not as a roofer though)

is he arrogant like??

is he arrogant like??

I seem to remember Billy Davies last season making repeated comments along the lines of 'he has to realise he still has a lot to learn, not finished article, musn't get to big headed etc'

Guest elbee909

Wouldn't be surprised to see this one happening if we've made a bid. He doesn't seem to have made a position his own yet which makes you wonder why not? Strikes the ball well, though.

If he can hit the ball, hard, at goal, that'll do me as no other fucker seems to want to do that right now.

Derby reject Newcastle bid for Giles Barnes

By Vicki Hodges and agencies

Last Updated: 2:04pm GMT 29/01/200

Kevin Keegan was hoping to make the winger his first signing since returning to St James's Park for his second spell in charge.

The 19-year-old has previously been linked with a move to West Ham and Tottenham, but Derby manager Paul Jewell has said that Newcastle are the only club to come in for the teenager.

"They (Newcastle) did come up with an offer yesterday, a verbal offer, but it was nowhere near our valuation," Jewell said.

Barnes has progressed through Derby's youth academy to become one of the club's most valuable assets over the past two seasons.

West Ham have long been admirers of the gifted winger but failed in two bids of £2m and £4m for the player last summer.

Newcastle are thought to have tabled a £2m bid for the player but had their offer firmly rejected by the Premier League's basement club.

Keegan is desperate to add to his thread-bare squad but will have to up his offer if he is to sign the teenager before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night.

Sounds like its just a matter of money, can't believe were fuking about with daft bids when the window is almost shut, fuking morons tbh. If you want the player then go fuking get him, stop fuking about with a bids that you know will be laughed at.

Would be good if it happened, quite a coup because there are some decent teams sniffing around him.

Best plan of action?

Throw a shite bid in 48hours before the window closes.

I can see the logic in that.

Would be good if it happened, quite a coup because there are some decent teams sniffing around him.

Best plan of action?

Chill out man, they're not playing Football Manager here.

At the end of the day, money or not, they still have to try and get players in for as little outlay as possible.

Otherwise things could get very silly very quickly.

Guest LondonMag

I asked in some Atalanta forum if they heard something about Newcastle signing some of their young players.some of them say they havent heard anything.

one of them says that he heard that we are going for their young Serbian midfielder - IVAN RADOVANOVIC ,Serbian U21.says that he is highly rated and also Inter wants him.

http://www.atalanta.it/atalanta/show.do?dispatch=page&area=radovanovic

The arrogance counts in his favour for me. Milner might be a much better player if he had some arrogance. Lacks self-belief like many in our side.

Best plan of action?

Chill out man, they're not playing Football Manager here.

At the end of the day, money or not, they still have to try and get players in for as little outlay as possible.

Otherwise things could get very silly very quickly.

Why when ever someone has fuk all to say about something they respond with FM comments? Thought better of yourself.

Anyone who counters a football comment with that drivel is a lost cause imo.

Common sense would suggest Barnes is going to fetch a £5m+ price tag, so lets start there and make it quick with 48 hours to go. Its obvious Derby wont stand in their way, its just about the money, so get in quick before others are alerted and we don't have to pay through the nose when offering him a contract for him to choose us over London, because if others do come in, then you will see silly.