Parker Targets Response

Skirge

The skipper speaks...

Scott Parker is looking for Newcastle to bounce back from Sunday's defeat

at Wigan.

The Magpies slipped to a 1-0 defeat at The JJB, having missed a penalty and a number of other chances prior to Ryan Taylor's stunning free-kick for Wigan.

Parker was disappointed to see Newcastle fail to close in on the top six, but is looking for a response against Middlesbrough next week.

"We have missed a penalty and some good chances as well," Parker told Sky Sports News. "I don't think Wigan created a lot, they obviously scored a great goal, and from then on it was tough.

"If we had gone in at half-time 2-0 up there would have been no surprises.

"But the conditions were not the best, the pitch was poor and it was a scrappy game which one goal won the game for them.

"We knew the sort of game it would be and had no surprises. It is disappointing we missed the penalty as we were in a good position. But that is the way it goes and we will look to bounce back at the weekend.

"We are still good enough to be up in the table. There was a blip at Wigan, we would expect to come here and get a result, but it wasn't to be and we look forward to the weekend and put things right."

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I hate it when they come out with this bullshit. It's the same when they say "We'll learn from our mistakes"

And no, they fucking never do.

I hate it when they come out with this bullshit. It's the same when they say "We'll learn from our mistakes"

And no, they f****** never do.

Yup, heard it all before. Still I guess as the captain he's got to say something better than "Sorry we were shit second half" ???

Said it for ages Parkers twisitng and turning away from players costs us any advantage he gains after making a crunching tackle, I am not to sure its all down t him thoughk, the rest of the team must offer him an option.

Its like I said in the game thread, to many of them just stand and watch what their team mates are doing instead of getting themsleves more involved in the game.

Duff may wave his arms like a mad man but at least he wnats the ball.

Parker is a class player but he must be used in the right way and right now I do not think he knows if he is a ACM or DCM.

There were many times yesterday he could have sent Martins in behind Jackson but he decided to take an extra touch and spin on the ball. Shirley it cant be that hard to be taught how to play a simple pass in behind a defender?!

Aye.

It would help if he just buggered off, tbh. He's one of the problems.

There were many times yesterday he could have sent Martins in behind Jackson but he decided to take an extra touch and spin on the ball. Shirley it cant be that hard to be taught how to play a simple pass in behind a defender?!

Aye.

If we can manage to keep Dyer/Emre fit then one of those 2 should partner Butt in the middle.

Aye.

If we can manage to keep Dyer/Emre fit then one of those 2 should partner Butt in the middle.

Christ opinions have changed since last season...hey zeus...!

Guest Jangles

Aye.

Its an every changing game.

To be honest Parker is probably the best all round midfielder but can seem to forge a decent partnership in the middle. Butt and Emre is probably the most effective pairing and its a team game

The skipper speaks...

Scott Parker is not looking for Newcastle to bounce back from Sunday's defeat

at Wigan.

The Magpies slipped to a 1-0 defeat at The JJB, having missed a penalty and a number of other chances prior to Ryan Taylor's stunning free-kick for Wigan.

Parker was excited to see Newcastle fail to close in on the top six, and is not looking for a response against Middlesbrough next week.

"We have missed a penalty and some good chances as well," Parker told Sky Sports News. "I think Wigan created a lot, they obviously scored a great goal, and from then on it wasn't tough.

"If we had gone in at half-time 2-0 down there would have been no surprises.

"The conditions were probably the best, the pitch was great and it was a quality game which one goal won the game for them.

"We knew the sort of game it would be and had no surprises. It is excellent we missed the penalty as we were in a poor position. But that is the way it goes and we won't look to bounce back at the weekend.

"We are still poor enough to be down in the table. There was a blip at Wigan, we would expect to come here and get a worse result, but it wasn't to be and we look forward to the weekend and put things right."

Aye.

Been saying it since Butt came back. Also been saying since he joined that Parker is a limitation and over-rated.

Aye.

Its an every changing game.

To be honest Parker is probably the best all round midfielder but can seem to forge a decent partnership in the middle. Butt and Emre is probably the most effective pairing and its a team game

Couldn't disagree more.

Emre's our best all-round midfielder in my opinion. Driving forward he is excellent, with pace and power, and although he's not the best tackler - he's generally got the good determination to win balls back. We're missing him terribly at the moment - i really hope he doesn't go. Parker and Butt signals zero creativity, i'm afraid - and it's not Butt's fault. It's not his job.

You really do have to beg the question - what is Parker actually there for?

Still, i don't think he's 'inept'. ;)

Still a Parker fan myself and am dissappointed that hes drifted from the anchorman role he did so well in last season, but I think wed have everything to gain by selling him for 6mill+ and getting Sidwell in on a free. Very similar players playing at similar levels, Sidwell just has better passing abilities, which is the key difference for me if Parker is no longer going to be an all-out anchorman.

Buy a fullback with the proceeds.

I see he's observed and learnt from the previous captain during Souness' reign, as per: media relations that is............... media friendly response after a shocking result/trying to polish a turd in the process, especially in the wake of another mediocre individual performance which has become the trademark for a bloke, who judging by the player's undroppable status, Roeder is incorrectly building his midfield around.

"A blip at Wigan"....get to fuck, you absolute cretin.

We were incredibly lucky in a number of games over the past month or two, and that papered over the fucking massive cracks in our first team, squad, and so-called manager.

Anyone who thinks we just had a blip wants their heads read.

Guest smoggeordie

The blip were the Liverpool, Manure, Spurs (A) and Villa results. Even go as far to say Watford (H), West Ham (H) and Reading (H) were undeserved points that we got.