What is worse?

Nobody

Watching the cup final yesterday, and after the brawl when Adebayor got sent off, he really made a fool out of himself, and it got me thinking.

Isn't the way he acted worse than "just" saying "fucking n*****", or whatever Emre might have said?

Guest Gemmill

Watching the cup final yesterday, and after the brawl when Adebayor got sent off, he really made a fool out of himself, and it got me thinking.

Isn't the way he acted worse than "just" saying "fucking n*****", or whatever Emre might have said?

Eh?

Eh?

:lol:

Isn't the way he acted worse than "just" saying "f****** n*****", or whatever Emre might have said?

to be honest, if you'd used Toure or Fabregas as the example, i would agree

any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues

Guest Gemmill

Isn't the way he acted worse than "just" saying "f****** n*****", or whatever Emre might have said?

any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues

Yeah fancy a black man being offended at being called a nigger by a white man.  It's political correctness gone mad.

Send the buggers back!

Fairly well documented and valid issues I would have thought.

Honestly what is wrong with the forum the last few days, the horror of the Filan thing, T27 wanting us to sell pretty much the whole first team squad and replace them with 3 players leaving kids who have played less games than Dyer had over the last 18 months between them and now this!

:idiot2:

Honestly what is wrong with the forum the last few days, the horror of the Filan thing, T27 wanting us to sell pretty much the whole first team squad and replace them with 3 players leaving kids who have played less games than Dyer had over the last 18 months between them and now this!

:idiot2:

Just a wild guess, but: Lead in the brown ale?

firstly i'm white, was in the Dominican Republic 2 years ago and encounted blatent and agressive racism, i couldn't have cared less

it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting

Guest Gemmill

it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting

Racism shouldn't be tolerated in any form, yet you consider it "ridiculous" for a black person to take offence at being called a fucking n*****.  Do you see any flaw in your argument?

Racism shouldn't be tolerated in any form, yet you consider it "ridiculous" for a black person to take offence at being called a f****** n*****.  Do you see any flaw in your argument?

Self righteous....as usual.

Why don't you address the ENTIRE point Ronaldo is making instead of picking on just one small piece of it....as usual?

This is the context in which Ronaldo is posting his comment:

"it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting"

What is worse, mere words or physical action?

Let's use the Bowyer and Dyer incident instead. What would have been worse in your opinion, Bowyer hypothetically calling Dyer some kind of "racist name" or kicking his fúcking head in on the football pitch?

Guest Gemmill

Racism shouldn't be tolerated in any form, yet you consider it "ridiculous" for a black person to take offence at being called a f****** n*****.  Do you see any flaw in your argument?

Why don't you address the ENTIRE point Ronaldo is making instead of picking on just one small piece of it....as usual?

"it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting"

What is worse, mere words of physical action?

Let's use the Bowyer and Dyer incident instead. What would have been worse in your opinion, Bowyer hypothetically calling Dyer some kind of "racist name" or kicking his fúcking head in on the football pitch?

Apples and oranges tbh.  Both pretty fucking appalling though.  By the way, have a look at Ronaldo's post up the page "any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues", before telling me that I'm selectively addressing what he has to say. 

"Cheers"

Apples and oranges tbh.  Both pretty f****** appalling though.  By the way, have a look at Ronaldo's post up the page "any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues", before telling me that I'm selectively addressing what he has to say. 

"Cheers"

I'm not surprised you avoided the main point. As usual.

firstly i'm white, was in the Dominican Republic 2 years ago and encounted blatent and agressive racism, i couldn't have cared less

I agree with the second bit. The first bit seems a bit irrelevent. It's canny easy to say you didn't care when (I'm guessing here) racism against you has never really been something you've had to deal with or has had an effect on your life. It's not like being called a name on holiday gives you any real insight into what a lot of black people have had to go through.

Guest Gemmill

Apples and oranges tbh.  Both pretty f****** appalling though.  By the way, have a look at Ronaldo's post up the page "any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues", before telling me that I'm selectively addressing what he has to say. 

"Cheers"

Thanks for responding to my post constructively.

I agree with the second bit. The first bit seems a bit irrelevent. It's canny easy to say you didn't care when (I'm guessing here) racism against you has never really been something you've had to deal with or has had an effect on your life. It's not like being called a name on holiday gives you any real insight into what a lot of black people have had to go through.

Well of course you wouldn't think the first bit is relevant, racism can only exist in the UK and can only be dished out by white people. Obviously.

"Cheers"

Thanks for responding to my post constructively.

mackems.gif

Guest Gemmill

Well of course you wouldn't think the first bit is relevant, racism can only exist in the UK and can only be dished out by white people. Obviously.

:lol:  And yet not 10 minutes ago, you had a go at me for "not addressing the point" that someone was making.  Thick as fucking mince.

Well, it certainly doesn't seem to have provided Ronaldo with much insight, given he can't get his head round a grown man being offended by being called a nigger.

Kind regards.

:lol:  And yet not 10 minutes ago, you had a go at me for "not addressing the point" that someone was making.  Thick as f****** mince.

Aye, a point someone was making that you still haven't addressed and one which you are pathetically trying to avoid by making out I'm not responding to your so-called point.  You must have a really low opinion of the general membership of this forum if you think the majority won't realise.  :laugh: This isn't toonspastic, gemma.