Sick bastards

Guest Knightrider

Guest Invicta_Toon

Absolutely! they do it every year apparently just because they think the dolphins are eating their fish, fucking morons!

whereas we just do the decent thing and trap them in our nets

Guest Knightrider

Relax. They're not sharks  :'(

Doesn't matter, the senseless slaughter of any animal boils my piss. No need. How could you, even for money? I hope they all meet an equally messy demise, the cunts.

BTW welcome back, Victor.

Are they just killing them and not doing anything with the bodies or do they eat them etc?

If they do use the bodies for stuff then: how many chickens, cows, etc do you think die every day for food etc?

One man's sick bastard is another man's farmer or fisherman.

Are they just killing them and not doing anything with the bodies or do they eat them etc?

If they do use the bodies for stuff then: how many chickens, cows, etc do you think die every day for food etc?

One man's sick b****** is another man's farmer or fisherman.

That

No they just dump them back out at sea after the slaughter.

So is it a cull to preserve fish stocks?

The article:

Japanese fishermen turn sea red with blood of dolphins

These gruesome images show Japanese fisherman slaughtering a group of dolphins for meat.

The fishermen trapped the dolphins in a holding cove in Taiji, Wakayama Prefecture - a town located in the Higashimuro district, six hours from Japan's capital Tokyo.

Ten of thousands of dolphins are killed every year for their meat after being caught by the Japanese - in what environmentalists describe as the largest annual cull of cetaceans in the world.

The actions of the fishermen have angered many foreign animal rights protesters who now arrive in the town to voice their disgust at the slaughter.

Campaigners have urged Britons to shun marine parks where dolphins are on display, saying their visits fuel demand for the Japanese hunt.

"The Japanese claim these hunts continue because of tradition but in fact the fishermen would not do it if they weren't being paid £300 for a dead dolphin and up to £50,000 by marine parks for every live dolphin," said Margaux Dodds, director of The Marine Connection.

"We really urge people not to go and see dolphins in captivity the world over because that would take away the demand for the animals.

"The Ocean World Adventure Park in the Dominican Republic, visited by thousands of British holidaymakers, has ordered 12 dolphins from this year's Taiji hunt."

And the other picture:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4820/2dolphinepa600x315jr5.jpg

So is it a cull to preserve fish stocks?

So they say! but there's not much fish around the seas of Japan anyway, that's why they have their fishing fleets going farther and farther from home to do fishing. Depleting the rest of the worlds fish stocks.

The article:

Japanese fishermen turn sea red with blood of dolphins

These gruesome images show Japanese fisherman slaughtering a group of dolphins for meat.

The fishermen trapped the dolphins in a holding cove in Taiji, Wakayama Prefecture - a town located in the Higashimuro district, six hours from Japan's capital Tokyo.

Ten of thousands of dolphins are killed every year for their meat after being caught by the Japanese - in what environmentalists describe as the largest annual cull of cetaceans in the world.

The actions of the fishermen have angered many foreign animal rights protesters who now arrive in the town to voice their disgust at the slaughter.

Campaigners have urged Britons to shun marine parks where dolphins are on display, saying their visits fuel demand for the Japanese hunt.

"The Japanese claim these hunts continue because of tradition but in fact the fishermen would not do it if they weren't being paid £300 for a dead dolphin and up to £50,000 by marine parks for every live dolphin," said Margaux Dodds, director of The Marine Connection.

"We really urge people not to go and see dolphins in captivity the world over because that would take away the demand for the animals.

"The Ocean World Adventure Park in the Dominican Republic, visited by thousands of British holidaymakers, has ordered 12 dolphins from this year's Taiji hunt."

And the other picture:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4820/2dolphinepa600x315jr5.jpg

So they have started to eat them now, when I first saw this in 1983 they just dumped the carcasses back out at sea.

Are the dolphins endangered?

If not, they're just cute animals the conservation groups can wave at our consciences and generate some donations.

I find it strange how people get worked up about the lives of certain animals, but not others.

If not, they're just cute animals the conservation groups can wave at our consciences and generate some donations.

I find it strange how people get worked up about the lives of certain animals, but not others.

I think it's more about the method of slaughter in this case tbh.

Perfectly rational / normal. I dont get worked about the lives of ants but seeing a dolphin killed is painful. If you know what i mean?