Ghosts, Life, Aliens etc

Decky

Argh you should watch this just to see how shit it is, typical ghost tv show rubbish:

Cameras and mics everywhere - nothing caught on either

Group of twats sitting in a 'haunted room' claiming to be shitting themselves, claim to feel things, hear things, even though we see and hear nothing.

Rubbish acting

End of the show a quote along these lines "Well we didnt get anything this time but join us next time"

:lol:

Funny, i was just about to start a thread about Most Haunted.

I'm definitely sceptical, but i'm certainly edging toward the non-believing side of the spectrum. Ghosts, i'm not so sure about; but i'm not really sure how you can define a ghost anyway. I'm one of those 'boring' people who believes nothing that is beyond science, believes nothing that science cannot prove. However, that's probably just the long way of saying that i am athiest - something i have a strong opinion on.

But, i feel that surely, there must be something that makes us what we are. When we 'die', what is to say that everything about us is dead? I suppose i'm talking about a spirit, or a soul, but then that would deny my athiesm. I go back and forth on the subject - i simply don't know. Maybe this 'spirit' is what is left behind, and maybe this is what people define as 'ghosts'.

Nevertheless, it's likely to be all nonsense - my somewhat fragmented theory included. It's highly unlikely.

Life on other planets, that's another matter. There is undoubtedly life out there, in my opinion.

Theres virtually an infinite number of planets, to soley believe there is only life on just one makes you an idiot tbh :cheesy:

I think it's little green men doing probes that people don't beieve in.

We still haven't even found another habitable planet. 

Do you watch Most Haunted, Decky?

Seen it a few times, i uploaded this to YouTube a few months back, you may be interested in seeing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

Happy Face i suppose your right about the little green men thing, but there is most certainly life of some form out there

PS: sorry about the idiot statement a few posts up, not a malicous attack on anyone who doesnt believe in life out there, but the thought of there not being another life form on another planet seems impossible to me

I'm quickly beginning to think that Most Haunted is largely a load of rubbish, and Derek did actually get sacked because he faked being possessed in one episode*. However, that thing there, if i can remember correctly, was a joke for a halloween episode or something.

*Kieran O'Keeffe, the sceptic, set up a fictional episode with a fictional character known as 'Kreed Kafer', an anogram for 'Derek Faker', and it jsut so happened that Acorah became possessed by this fake spirit...

Guest MagicNumber9

Funny u shud bring up this thread, this happened to my cousin just yeaterday...

Cousin was in his house and had the dryer on to do his jeans, shirts, and a pair of trainers... turned the machine on.. walked out the room, and then after a few minutes he heard the machine turned off, and he went back and the door was open on it... so he shut it, turned the machine back on, then went away again, minute later, machine stopped again, went back in to find the door was open again, and his pair of trainers from inside the machine were out and lined up perfectly on the floor...

very wiered..

It is far more likely to be a case of life IN other planets rather than on them.

There are bacteria that live 2 miles below the earths surface getting their energy from the heat there.

I can't really imagine the conditions there being radically different from conditions 2 miles below the surface of any rocky planet.

Hence life is likely to exist in every planet and manifest itself on the surface in odd cases (like here)

Funny u shud bring up this thread, this happened to my cousin just yeaterday...

Cousin was in his house and had the dryer on to do his jeans, shirts, and a pair of trainers... turned the machine on.. walked out the room, and then after a few minutes he heard the machine turned off, and he went back and the door was open on it... so he shut it, turned the machine back on, then went away again, minute later, machine stopped again, went back in to find the door was open again, and his pair of trainers from inside the machine were out and lined up perfectly on the floor...

very wiered..

Not weird, just a fucked tumble-dryer tbh...

There has to be intelligent 'life' out there somewhere imo considering the vast size of the universe, it is a certainty in my mind.

As for what we are doing here on this planet fuck knows.

Every once in a while I will find myself thinking about just how ridiculous this world is.  I mean, wtf is it all for what is the point?

Something has got to have 'made' us and its probably not 'god'. Maybe we are just an experiment by higher life forms like a zoo or something, which is scary if you think about it.

Lol, its late and at this hour thinking about this kind of stuff hurts my brain ! :)

Its 'intelligent' life out there that's the sticking point. In all possibility life itself will be teeming in the Universe. There is the possibility that we are the only 'intelligent' life in the Universe but I find that equally awesome too.

I'm fairly "certain" that there is, have been or will be, intelligent life on other planets. However, considering the size of the universe, it would take ages and ages for them to travel to us or the other way around, unless they are really really "close", so the likelyhood of them coming to Earth when humans are here is sooo small

Guest Ridzuan

Call me stupid or superstitious,but I truly believe that ghosts do exist.I have never seen one myself on a personal experience but Ive seen a lot from TVs and the internet about some supernatural happenings.Im really amazed by the ghosts and I want to learn more about them.As for aliens,I dont really believe in its existence.Some people have said they have seen UFOs before,or something that looks like it flying in the sky,but I doubt it is the real UFOs of the alien.

Guest TheOrder

Theres a few clangers on Most Haunted. Type it in google with something like 'mistake' or something. Theres footage of the spastics making the noises, footage of Derek Acorah laughing after being in a trance telling the team how he couldn't keep a straight face. Theres loads of bloopers.

Mugs.