Mediocrity

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

Every day I hear 'we were mediocre today', 'if you wan't to settle for mediocrity, fine', 'we have a mediocre manager'.

Aye, we are, we're an average premiership team, with a mediocre manager and a mediocre squad. So why the shock when we get beat. An average team means we'll get beat by the lower teams sometimes, and maybe we'll show up against the big teams.

I don't like it, but thats what we are. I was at Wigan yesterday, and I was canny hurt. But It's what I expected, really. Most of us knew what was going to happen. Doesn't mean we have to like it, but we'll have to settle for it for the time being. What else can we do?

You can slag individuals off till you're blue in the face, but most of them are average, so what can you expect?

it's just the sheer amount of money we have spent in recent years and especially so much after finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th. we also take 5,500 fans down to wigan and to watch the players put in such a lacklustre display pisses us off. well it makes me unhappy anyway........

Guest TheOrder

it's just the sheer amount of money we have spent in recent years and especially so much after finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th. we also take 5,500 fans down to wigan and to watch the players put in such a lacklustre display pisses us off. well it makes me unhappy anyway........

Aye, its shite. Feels awful to see piss poor clubs higher in the leauge than us. Just feel like it's gonna be a while until we're back up there.

Guest smoggeordie

Michael Owen - Uefa Cup, FA Cup winner, played loads of CL

Oba Martins - won god knows what at Inter played loads of CL

Shay Given - One of best prem keepers for a decade

Kieron Dyer - England International

Milner - form of his life recently

Duff and Parker- Premiership Champions

Butt - Champions league, FA Cup, Premiership winner

Solano - Vastly capped, superb right foot

We shouldn't be shit. But we are. NUFC to a tee.

Aye, we are, we're an average premiership team, with a mediocre manager and a mediocre squad.

I'd say we have an above average squad and a below average manager, which amounts to the same league position, but explains the frustration.

Guest TheOrder

Michael Owen - Uefa Cup, FA Cup winner, played loads of CL

Shay Given - One of best prem keepers for a decade

Kieron Dyer - England International

Milner - form of his life recently

Duff and Parker- Premiership Champions

Butt - Champions league, FA Cup, Premiership winner

Solano - Vastly capped, superb right foot

We shouldn't be s***. But we are. NUFC to a tee.

Note* Not one defender in that list.

agree we shouldn't be mediocre. however our full strength midfield and attacking options are pretty quality. its the defence that puts us in the mediocre level. imo that can be fixed gooch and Taylor could easily become a great CB pairing with some good coaching and if Roeder puts Nobby at RB then all we need is a LB and we would have a quality team who SHOULD do well. but it takes good coaching and team spirit too.

Lack of quality defenders in that list is important.

Also, there's no such a thing as an average/mediocre team, only an average/mediocre one at the moment. A few years ago we were far from mediocre, and I honestly don't think we're that far from being better than average again. Most of us know what is required in terms of defenders etc, so let's hope Freddy and Glenn deliver it.

Above average squad?

We can't field a first team with a premiership-quality player in every position.

Name me 10 Premiership squads you'd swap for ours then, honestly...

I know the squad has major flaws, but i'm struggling to think of more than 6 i would prefer.

If we're going to be mediocre at least let us be entertaining and mediocre. Our tactics are; when we have the ball everybody stand stock still and hope their defence quite literally falls asleep, if not, pass it around slowly and aimlessly until a)we lose possession or b)we give the ball to Given, let him make it painfully obvious he's about to hoof the ball long before hoofing it long back to the opposition. Defend. Poorly. Repeat ad nauseam.

Won hardly anything at Inter, if any top side is the epitomy of underachivement its that club.

He won the Championship, Italian Cup twice and the Super Cup with them.

Won hardly anything at Inter, if any top side is the epitomy of underachivement its that club.

Underachieving cunts.

I have never seen any team play so little through the midfield as we have done many times this season. We  never play it around like we should (not many times anyway)

Of course it is not all about the midfield, but quite alot....

Even the most worse teams can do it...

He won the Champion by default after the corruption scandal last year and the Italian cup is very much a wooden spoon trophy over there. The point is that Inters spending and the sheer amount of players  they have went through in relation to what they have actually won is very poor.

The only time I've seen us really stroke the ball around was away against Waregem in the last ten mins or so.

When we weren't trying to attack!

He won the Champion by default after the corruption scandal last year and the Italian cup is very much a wooden spoon trophy over there. The point is that Inters spending and the sheer amount of players  they have went through in relation to what they have actually won is very poor.

A lot more than we've won.

If we won 4 trophies in the next 5yrs, would you dismiss them all as being crap worthless wins?

Obviously Oba's not there now, but Inters pissing their league. But that title will count for nowt as well, seen as Juve arent in Serie A this season???

Above average squad?

We can't field a first team with a premiership-quality player in every position.

I know the squad has major flaws, but i'm struggling to think of more than 6 i would prefer.

First teams i'm talking about (i don't know enough about other teams full squads, really).

Of our "first" team, we have 1 GK, 1 Defender (2 if you count Solano), 4 Midfielders (only one of whom is a top-7 player for me), and 1 striker (Oba still tbc, but he's looking good, in fairness) who are definately up to it.

We have a so-called first team where we are TWO dfenders short of a premiership back 4, only one top-7 quality midfielder, and 2 good strikers (if Oba comes good in the medium term). But there is still the fear that this cretin Roeder thinks Babayaro, Bramble, Ameobi etc are good enough, and will try to play/not replace them.

Above average squad?

First teams i'm talking about (i don't know enough about other teams full squads, really).

Of our "first" team, we have 1 GK, 1 Defender (2 if you count Solano), 4 Midfielders (only one of whom is a top-7 player for me), and 1 striker (Oba still tbc, but he's looking good, in fairness) who are definately up to it.

We have a so-called first team where we are TWO dfenders short of a premiership back 4, only one top-7 quality midfielder, and 2 good strikers (if Oba comes good in the medium term). But there is still the fear that this cretin Roeder thinks Babayaro, Bramble, Ameobi etc are good enough, and will try to play/not replace them.

Plus he was bigging up Carr earlier in the season, a man whose legs are so fat he can barely run

A lot more than we've won.

I never said that.

I just felt that the inital comment seemed to insinuate that Inter have enjoyed constant sucess which is really is not the case, a club that dwarfs us in its size should have won more than a hollow Championship and one Uefa cup since 1989. Surely we can agree on that. I wasnt talking about them in relation to us, just generally.