Nigel Reo-Coker

Mr. Slugworth

Having been subjected to a programme called 'Footballers Cribs' on TMF, I was given a brief glimpse into Reo-Coker's mentality (he has about 100 pairs of trainers and apparently, he likes to wear his cap to one side, it's his styyyle, aaaeee).  All I can say is that the guy would have absolutely no chance of settling in at Newcastle and he's not what we need.  Same goes for Anton Ferdinand, who was featured as one of his "dawgs." :banghead:  Don't know they're born...  :cussing:

OMG!! Lots of trainers and caps sideways!! I take it those who wouldn't want them here because of that would also turn Micah "King of charvers" Richards away then?

We need Dr Spectrum to post that picture up again man of him on Footy Focus. :lol:

Glad to see a Southerner using the word Charva as well. :)

none of it means anything unless they don't perform - ashley cole is a (slighty older and thus slighty less exaggerated) version of this yet he's the best left back around

john terry is obviously a scumbag but somewhere along the line he had professionalism drummed into him, that's all you need

the micah richards example is a good one, as is the performance of reo-coker at SJP this season when he ran past our midfield continually like it wasn't there; suspect defensively mind i'd have to say on the evidence of the second half of that game

Guest BillyRay Valentine

99% of footballers are cock smokers which is why every weekend i have this titanic battle of good (the love of the greatest game on earth) vs evil (having to endure these overpaid, overhyped, witless morons cheat their way through 90 mins of 'football') within myself...

I believe it the American hiphop lifestyle that these lads are imitating, the bling, the culture, the ho's etc. but without the drugs (or with them, depending on what you read/believe) you rarely see any players going that they're big fans of indie/rock/emo music for example and follow that lifestyle. Most of it is because they're kids from rough parts but as was said if they're professional e.g. Terry i couldnt give a fuck what they get upto but most of them ain't and cudnt give a shit.

I have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion. Please ignore me.!! Lots of trainers and caps sideways!! I take it those who wouldn't want them here because of that would also turn Micah "King of charvers" Richards away then?

We need Dr Spectrum to post that picture up again man of him on Footy Focus. :lol:

I live in broadstairs in south east kent and have found myself using the word charvas cos of this site!!!

Guest Knightrider

I like Reo-Coker as a player, but he has a bit of Parker about him, i.e. he doesn't know what type of player he is or is being underused by his various managers. He's best as an anchorman ala Makalele and if giving the scope to grow into that role, I believe he'd be very good in it because attacking wise he just doesn't have the instinct to get rewards further up the park. BTW, most footballers are bling charvers so if we insist on not buying such players, we'll struggle even more in the transfer market than we have done, on the picth is where it matters and their character off it, on the pitch NRC is decent where as he hasn't done anything off it to cause alarm from what I can recall.

I have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion. Please ignore me.!! Lots of trainers and caps sideways!! I take it those who wouldn't want them here because of that would also turn Micah "King of charvers" Richards away then?

I live in broadstairs in south east kent and have found myself using the word charvas cos of this site!!!

"Until recently, chav was a word that had largely been confined to the southern reaches of the British isles and in the bitchiest of newspaper columns and websites."  

Dent has traced the current origins of chav to Popbitch, but there are a number of different theories about how it came about.

The word expert Michael Quinion, a fieldworker for the Oxford English Dictionary, who runs his own website, World Wide Words, believes chav has existed as far back as the middle of the 19th century.

"When it came into common usage recently, it was associated with Medway towns, such as Rochester and Chatham, but it is not a term particular to that area," Mr Quinion said. "It is also known in Oxford and in much of southern England as a derogatory term. The evidence is that this word has been lurking around in the language for a long time.

"It has almost certainly come from the Romany word for a child, chavi, recorded from the middle of the 19th century as a slang term. What is not known is whether it has dropped out of the language altogether, but that would be unusual. The implication is that the word has never quite gone away."

So why is it good to see a southerner use the word Chav. We have been calling Chavs chavs for years.  No fucker likes them no matter where they come from, north or south.  

As for picking up the word chav from this site Markluk where have you been locked away for the last 5 years?

"Until recently, chav was a word that had largely been confined to the southern reaches of the British isles and in the bitchiest of newspaper columns and websites."  

Dent has traced the current origins of chav to Popbitch, but there are a number of different theories about how it came about.

The word expert Michael Quinion, a fieldworker for the Oxford English Dictionary, who runs his own website, World Wide Words, believes chav has existed as far back as the middle of the 19th century.

"When it came into common usage recently, it was associated with Medway towns, such as Rochester and Chatham, but it is not a term particular to that area," Mr Quinion said. "It is also known in Oxford and in much of southern England as a derogatory term. The evidence is that this word has been lurking around in the language for a long time.

"It has almost certainly come from the Romany word for a child, chavi, recorded from the middle of the 19th century as a slang term. What is not known is whether it has dropped out of the language altogether, but that would be unusual. The implication is that the word has never quite gone away."

So why is it good to see a southerner use the word Chav. We have been calling Chavs chavs for years.  No fucker likes them no matter where they come from, north or south.  

As for picking up the word chav from this site Markluk where have you been locked away for the last 5 years?

All he said was that he has started using the word charva (which is particular to this region) due to this site. God knows but I have been using the word charva for as long as I can remember, long before I had ever heard of a chav.

charva not chav u mong, as BottledDog said!

charva not chav u mong, as BottledDog said!

So you started adding an A on the end because of this forum ? Am I missing something ?  Is a Chav and Charva not the same thing ?  So your saying your easily influenced ? Yet you call me a mong for mis-understanding ?

Guest Knightrider

Charver is an old Geordie word IIRC which dates back years, before most of us were born and meant "mister" and was also used as a greeting like "alreet mate", "alreet charver (mister)". A shortened version of "Chore" also exists, "alreet chore". I can remember using the phrase myself as a bairn and remember my father using it once or twice as well as other adults. When I worked in the Grainger Market at 15-16 (I'm 27 now) it was the general morning greeting "alreet chore" by some of the older workers.

Chav is short for chavie which means kid and originates from London I think, watch old episodes of Only Fools and Birds of a Feather and you'll see it used a lot.

The modern media have simply adopted it to describe unruly youths and so has society sadly. My nephew, a good lad, would be described as charver scum, simply because he wears a hoody (sometimes) and such. I read a canny article the other day, can't remember where, about how we are marginalising white kids as charvers like black kids have been marginalised in the States as hoodlums.