Mark Viduka

Optimistic Nut

Still any eedjits who wouldn't have him here? The man is class man, fat or not. Scored goals in England on a regular basis for the last 5-6 years and when you take a look at how he compliments Yakubu, imagine what he'd be like for Martins? Free transfer in July, get the f*cker in man.

This season he's been absolutely superb. Definitely changed my opinion of him. Always had the talent but now seems to be using it on a more consistent basis.

Had a great season last term aswell tbh. 16 goals... on top of the injury problems.

Guest Knightrider

Always rated him myself, although his attitude stinks at times, I advocated his purchase in the summer, him and Martins would be ideal. However I think we should forget about him next season as he is injury prone and will command big wages.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Lazy/He's not that lazy when he plays, he scores plenty of goals

Injury Prone/Would only be cover anyway

Slow/Superb footwork

Old/Experienced without being a fogey

High earner/As would an £8m striker be

I removed the things that meant the same thing, and balanced out the so called bad points.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

I removed the things that meant the same thing, and balanced out the so called bad points.

If you insist  :rolleyes:

No point getting fussy about it, he's never going to sign for us since GR reckons its under 25's from now on.

233 starts, 24 subs appearances in almost 7 seasons (approx 37 games a season), 107 goals for Boro & Leeds.

I'd take that for a so-called lazy, inconsistent, temperamental, slow, etc. striker any day of the week.

18 league goals in his ENTIRE boro career.

He's one shit hot mutherfuker tbh.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

No point getting fussy about it, he's never going to sign for us since GR reckons its under 25's from now on.

Aye, the GR that is giving 32-year old Sibierski a two-year contract. :rolleyes:

233 starts, 24 subs appearances in almost 7 seasons (approx 37 games a season), 107 goals for Boro & Leeds.

I'd take that for a so-called lazy, inconsistent, temperamental, slow, etc. striker any day of the week.

Like i say, he'd only be cover here anyway. When he plays, he scores goals. It's as simple as that really.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

Aye, the GR that is giving 32-year old Sibierski a two-year contract. :rolleyes:

Like i say, he'd only be cover here anyway. When he plays, he scores goals. It's as simple as that really.

Technically he can as he's already at the club  O0

Cover though? How much is that cover going to cost us in wages?

Too many reasons not tbh.

19 league goals in 49 games. He's missed a lot of games yes, but when he plays, he's still almost up to 1 in 2 games.

Aye, as i say. When he plays, he scores, and he'd work really well with the likes of Owen and Martins because he's got the strength and awareness. He's absolutely ideal for us imo.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

Technically he can as he's already at the club  O0

Cover though? How much is that cover going to cost us in wages?

Too many reasons not tbh.

The same amount of wages as an £8m player will demand, who will probably turn out to be less effective anyway. Martins and Owen is going to be the partnership next season, it should work, and even though Roeder is bringing in another striker for definite - he shouldn't tamper with the system and try to fit three strikers in. Because it won't work. Therefore, whoever he brings in, is effectively going to be cover, atleast for the time being.

And a £5-10m striker is likely to command similar wages to that of a Viduka.

For cover,

£0 transfer fee + £40k a week is better than...

£5-10m transfer fee + £40k a week

Which pretty much blows your cost problem out of the water. The player's right and the price is right as far as i am concerned. He'd be ideal for us.