Anyone But The Toon

Stevie

It never ceases to amaze me how hated we are in 2007.  This thread is purely for anything you come across on the net which shows a deep unnatural loathing of NUFC.  You don't have to look far, and it's not just the usual suspects of Man City, Scousers, Spurs, Mackems and Boro neither. 

I hate Millwall, just because their fans are vile. I hate Partick Thistle because they are shite. In the whole wide, wide, world of sports there is no team, nation, or individual I hate more than Newcastle United. Big team my fucking arse, they haven't won a domestic trophy in over 50 years,and it's over 80 since they won the title. A bigger club would have had Alan Shearer playing for them instead of the other way round.

Their supporters are okay? The fat ugly ones who strip to the waist to show how ugly obesity can be, there's an 8 year old newcastle supporter who weighs 14 stone already, well done lads you're providing the perfect example.

The sensible money would be on this being from a mackem or a dipper......but no a fucking Motherwell fan  ;D

I quite like being hated, Man Utd built up that siege mentality under Fergie and they've never looked back.  At the end of the day if we were so insignificant why do people hold such strong views about us?

Anymore....

I quite like being hated, Man Utd built up that siege mentality under Fergie and they've never looked back.  At the end of the day if we were so insignificant why do people hold such strong views about us?

To be fair, the manc reds are hated because they sodding win everything.

We are hated because we back the club better than anyone else and the jealous, passionless feckers just can't understand why. :D

Guest Stephen927

It's actually quite funny to see what people write about NUFC. The commets about David Edgar being a fake Edgar Davids and that he'll wear orange goggles soon is hilarious

Would be better if people hated NUFC for winning everything though  :(

The 10,000

The 10,000 before Keegan  mentioned amongst the comments there belongs to that old addage if you tell a lie and keep repeating it then people start to believe it.

How many pre-Keeganers here remember us pulling in crowds of 10,000?

I'm pre- Keegan and I don't remember crowds that low. I think there might have been one or two games in the Jim Smith period when we were playing appalling football where things dropped as low as around 12,000 - but only a few games, it wasn't a regular attendence. And I seem to recall a game against Oxford where we might have got 10,000 but I remember that was due to bad weather - it had been pouring down all day. It was an evening match and Tyne Tees and Metro were saying the game was off. We hung on at home to see what Look North were saying. They said it was still on, so we went up.

But crowds of 10,000 were certainly not regular occurances by any means.

The 10,000

The 10,000 before Keegan  mentioned amongst the comments there belongs to that old addage if you tell a lie and keep repeating it then people start to believe it.

I'm pre- Keegan and I don't remember crowds that low. I think there might have been one or two games in the Jim Smith period when we were playing appalling football where things dropped as low as around 12,000 - but only a few games, it wasn't a regular attendence. And I seem to recall a game against Oxford where we might have got 10,000 but I remember that was due to bad weather - it had been pouring down all day. It was an evening match and Tyne Tees and Metro were saying the game was off. We hung on at home to see what Look North were saying. They said it was still on, so we went up.

During the period from 1978 - 82, when we were stuck in the old second division, with no prospect of promotion, there were 3 or 4 games when the attendance dipped below 10,000. These came right at the very end of the season when all hope had gone, and there was a lot of discontentment at the way the club was being run. The lowest average attendance for a season, even in that era, was over 17,000. But like you say, the myth is more entertaining and that is what has stuck.

The 10,000

I remember standing in the Gallowgate on a Wednesday night, I was probably one of less than 8,000, I'm sure we were playing Wrexham which is hardly a game to set the pulses going even without the bad weather.  It rained so much the game was abandoned because of the state of the pitch, it's the only time I've ever been happy that a game was called off.

It never ceases to amaze me how hated we are in 2007.   This thread is purely for anything you come across on the net which shows a deep unnatural loathing of NUFC.  You don't have to look far, and it's not just the usual suspects of Man City, Scousers, Spurs, Mackems and Boro neither. 

I hate Millwall, just because their fans are vile. I hate Partick Thistle because they are shite. In the whole wide, wide, world of sports there is no team, nation, or individual I hate more than Newcastle United. Big team my fucking arse, they haven't won a domestic trophy in over 50 years,and it's over 80 since they won the title. A bigger club would have had Alan Shearer playing for them instead of the other way round.

Their supporters are okay? The fat ugly ones who strip to the waist to show how ugly obesity can be, there's an 8 year old newcastle supporter who weighs 14 stone already, well done lads you're providing the perfect example.

The sensible money would be on this being from a mackem or a dipper......but no a fucking Motherwell fan  ;D

Anymore....

:) You know you're in trouble when fucking Scottish people mock you for being fat..

Motherwell fans slating other teams supporters?  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

They're just as scum as Gers and Celtic fans.  Currently in hot water for racially abusing some St. Johnstone player.

Motherwell fans slating other teams supporters?  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

They're just as scum as Gers and Celtic fans.  Currently in hot water for racially abusing some St. Johnstone player.

Hasn't the chairman just had to apologise for monkey chants?