SSN on Emre

Northern Monkey

They've just shown that tomorrows Times is saying that Emre's future at NUFC is in doubt after a "second racism allegation"......i thought we were up to about the 4th by now???

I even checked in case i was somehow watching an inadvertently-recorded show from Sky+!! :)

Guest eyeball_tickler

A second racism charge is set to be levelled against Emre Belözoglu, the Newcastle United and Turkey midfield player, after The Times learnt last night that another file has been submitted to the FA. Al Bangura, the Watford player, has given evidence that could have severe ramifications for Emre’s career in England.

The case may also impact on Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, who had jumped to Emre’s defence after the initial allegations against his player. He even talked of standing down as manager if it was proved that any of his squad was racist.

Emre was initially charged after an FA investigation into events at Goodison Park in December, when, according to Joleon Lescott and Tim Howard, the Everton players, Emre called Joseph Yobo “a f***ing negro” or “a f***ing n*****”.

Yobo did not want to press charges, but the other two players have given evidence to the FA. Bangura, from Sierra Leone, has also sent a written submission to Soho Square saying that a similar phrase was directed at him during Watford’s 2-1 defeat by Newcastle at St James’ Park in December. The FA made contact with Bangura after media reports suggested that he, too, had been a victim.

El-Hadji Diouf, the Bolton Wanderers forward, was also contacted by the FA, but he declined to make a submission, despite allegations that Emre made racist remarks to him.

The FA’s disciplinary department is under pressure to convene a hearing at the earliest opportunity, but with Lescott and Howard required to attend as witnesses, a date has yet to be fixed. If Emre is found guilty, the effect of any suspension could be reduced if the case drags on and the player is offloaded by Newcastle this summer, as expected.

Emre has claimed that “it’s normal to say words like ‘black’ or ‘negro’ in Turkey”. He claimed that he had been misunderstood and that, as a Muslim, he could not possibly be racist. “My best friend is Obafemi [Martins],” he said. “He’s also my roommate, so how can anyone call me racist?”

Roeder was quick to back Emre after the incident at Goodison Park. “I know what he says he said and while it is not particularly pleasant, it is not racist,” the Newcastle manager said. He went into the Everton dressing-room to discuss the incident but denies that he tried to sweep the matter under the carpet. Nevertheless, his handling of the situation is sure to come under even more intense scrutiny now that the FA has received more evidence against Emre.

“If I ever had the feeling that any of the players here were racist, I wouldn’t stay at Newcastle,” Roeder said. He has also called for anyone found guilty to be banned for at least six months, if not the whole season.

The new allegations will raise questions as to when Emre will next play for Newcastle. Only yesterday, Roeder was talking about getting the player back in the team for the Uefa Cup tie against AZ Alkmaar at St James’ Park next week. “I have watched him in training in the past couple of days and he is running and working hard and it will be good to have him back,” he said.

Emre has not played since the draw with Manchester United at St James’ Park on New Year’s Day, officially because of a calf injury.

The FA is expected to lay a second charge against Emre after Bangura’s evidence and the subsequent disciplinary hearing will be seen as an important test case given the high profile of antiracism campaigning in football and all the talk of driving the problem out of the game.

Burn him, hang him, throw him in the River Tyne, whatever. Just sick of hearing about it now.

innocent till proven guilty old git sorry old man no mmmm oldtype .

ps think hes going to hang :(

Guest Ridzuan

I dont care how much cases there has been already.I just want it to end as quickly as possible so that he can start playing for us again.On another note,he is missing out because of an injury not because of his racism charge.but I still dont think this is the true reason.

I dont care how much cases there has been already.I just want it to end as quickly as possible so that he can start playing for us again.On another note,he is missing out because of an injury not because of his racism charge.but I still dont think this is the true reason.

conspiracy theorys a gogo elaborate please.

Guest Ridzuan

conspiracy theorys a gogo elaborate please.

I think the reason why he is out of action now is because of his personal problems not because of the injury that the club claimed that he have.Of course this is what I think,it might be true and it might not be true.

...The case may also impact on Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, who had jumped to Emre's defence after the initial allegations against his player. He even talked of standing down as manager if it was proved that any of his squad was racist...

No, it won't.  Roeder talks shit all the time.  I'm sure that if he actually thought people would hold him to the things that he says, he wouldn't come out with such bullshit (quite so regularly anyway) but the fact is that he doesn't.

...The case may also impact on Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, who had jumped to Emre's defence after the initial allegations against his player. He even talked of standing down as manager if it was proved that any of his squad was racist...

No, it won't.  Roeder talks shit all the time.  I'm sure that if he actually thought people would hold him to the things that he says, he wouldn't come out with such bullshit (quite so regularly anyway) but the fact is that he doesn't.

Bang on. Or if he does think that people beliebve the incredibel shite he comes out with, then he's an even worse judge of the fans than he is a manager.

This racism is all a very grey area to me.

Emre is essentially using words that are considered harmless in his own country. I personally cant see any real malice in what he said.

Emre is essentially using words that are considered harmless in his own country. I personally cant see any real malice in what he said.

very much in agreement with you

Agreed, if he did hate black people and is a racist why is Oba his best mate/roomate?

He can't go round saying what he has been saying, but its accepted in his country and not here, he should be warned and banned/kicked out if he does it again, i hope common sense prevails here because i honestly don't think he realized just how offensive it is in this country, now he does there is no excuse.

We also need him back playing at his best ASAP!!

Agreed, if he did hate black people and is a racist why is Oba his best mate/roomate?

He can't go round saying what he has been saying, but its accepted in his country and not here, he should be warned and banned/kicked out if he does it again, i hope common sense prevails here because i honestly don't think he realized just how offensive it is in this country, now he does there is no excuse.

Day 1 - Emre in racism charge

Day 2 - Emre and balck palyer suddenly bessie mates.

Day 3 - Emre seen handing out food and drink to starving black babies in Africa and giving Nelson Mandela a back rub.

I think Emre status in England is never going to be the same

If the FA drop the charges even then i think people will think he is guilty

If he is found guilty his career in England its over

I hope things to work out for him and for us too but i doubt it will happen especially when now there is 2nd player who is accusing him

Day 1 - Emre in racism charge

Day 2 - Emre and balck palyer suddenly bessie mates.

Day 3 - Emre seen handing out food and drink to starving black babies in Africa and giving Nelson Mandela a back rub.

I seem to remember Emre creaming himself over the possibility of Martins coming to us in an interview he did... calling him "a nice boy".

Surprised he didn't call him a different n-word, if its so acceptable where he comes from.

Guest Gemmill

I find it embarrassing that people are trying to excuse racism on the basis that it's considered more acceptable elsewhere, so we should just let them get on with it here as well.

I find it embarrassing that people are trying to excuse racism on the basis that it's considered more acceptable elsewhere, so we should just let them get on with it here as well.

Yes, but there is ignorance and malice. Ignorance needs education, while malice needs punishment. From what has been reported, Emre's racism seems to stem from ignorance rather than any actual malice. Therefore, there needs to be more emphasis on educating him and less emphasis on punishing him in my opinion.