Sevilla - Betis Abandoned

Karjala

"Sevilla's derby clash with Real Betis had to be abandoned on Wednesday after coach Juande Ramos was taken to hospital.

Trouble erupted after Freddie Kanoute gave the visitors the lead, a goal that sparked a fan to throw an object, believed to be a bottle, at Ramos.

The Sevilla coach briefly lost consciousness, but was awake before boarding an ambulance. The remaining time of the match is expected to be played at a later date."

Classic Spanish fan action. There was also a big fuckoff bottle chucked at Ronaldinho in the Zaragoza/Barcelona second leg, not to mention the gazillion overexaggerations whenever anyone was so much as grazed by an opponent from the players themselves. The refereeing was appalling, as well.

Messi, in particular, was a proper cunt - even more so when you consider that Andres D'Allesandro is supposed to be one of his "good friends" (got him red-carded). No need for the "headbutt", though, playful or not.

It was a decent game, that aside, but by-and-large the fans in Spain are nauseating.

Classic Spanish fan action. There was also a big fuckoff bottle chucked at Ronaldinho in the Zaragoza/Barcelona second leg, not to mention the gazillion overexaggerations whenever anyone was so much as grazed by an opponent from the players themselves. The refereeing was appalling, as well.

Messi, in particular, was a proper cunt - even more so when you consider that Andres D'Allesandro is supposed to be one of his "good friends" (got him red-carded). No need for the "headbutt", though, playful or not.

It was a decent game, that aside, but by-and-large the fans in Spain are nauseating.

Some of us, of course, have a go at them for being racist, then pretend its ok for a Turk to do it.

Guest kingdawson

Messi, in particular, was a proper c*** - even more so when you consider that Andres D'Allesandro is supposed to be one of his "good friends" (got him red-carded). No need for the "headbutt", though, playful or not.

Some of us, of course, have a go at them for being racist, then pretend its ok for a Turk to do it.

Spot on.

To be fair, I haven't personally noticed anyone who has done what NM has just said.

I certainly don't think there are many people saying it's "okay" for Emre to be racist.

To be fair, I haven't personally noticed anyone who has done what NM has just said.

I certainly don't think there are many people saying it's "okay" for Emre to be racist.

Its not a bad thing if you are from a culture of inherent racism. Apparently.

Guest JamesD

i hate how objects thrown from the air are called "missiles". i always think, "damn, he must have pissed the CIA off or something"...

as for emre, i'm withholding my judgement until the case is settled because right now its all just speculation, where as spanish fan's racism is pretty undeniable.  innocent until proven guilty...

Its not a bad thing if you are from a culture of inherent racism. Apparently.

Aye, but have those people called the Spaniards racist? That was my point.

The "inherent" racism could be used for the Spanish an' all, like, but it doesn't exactly make it right.

Messi is my favourite non-NUFC player, but I was very disappointed to see him fall in such a manner after minimal contact. I didn't think he was that type of player, I know there was the whole Del Horno thing but that was a reaction to Del Horno's previous tackle, when he caught Messi on the knee with his studs.

You're making an assumption based on tabloid speculation. In other words commenting on something you know nowt about. I guess we jus have to wait and see, until we know more it's not worth comparing it to anything.

As for Spain, go there and watch games in the stadiums and bars. Racism is a big problem over there and the worst thing is they don't even realise it. Making monkey noises is just seen as a bit of craic over there, I've heard people making these noises and then saying it's just a bit of fun and that they're not racist. Totally different standards, but hardly surprising in a country where blacks are extremely rare in comparison with England.

The Sevilla - Betis thing has been brewing for a while. Betis felt Sevilla's president had insulted them. They told him if he wanted to come and see the game at their stadium he would have to do so sitting in front of a sculpture of Betis' president. Ridiculously petty.