Wish you were there?

Guest alijmitchell

Guest WalkervilleMag

Leicester City (a) 1992  best game been to, along with the Inter (a).

Was also at the Tranmere away game in the mickey mouse cup in 91  6-6, quinny got a hat-rick iirc , only 30 toon fans there that night and that included me,brother, and 2 cousins.

Fave toon games ive been to would be the

3 wins at the Stadium of Light

Leeds (a) 2001/02 4-3 that put us top of the league when solano scored in the last minte

Derby,(a)  2001/02 also.  2-0 down with 20mins to go and won 3-2 in stoppage time, lualua's first.

PSV (a) 1-1  My first euro away game.  Came back from 1-0 down, great atmosphere, great result.

Heerenveen (a) 2-1.  Forgettable for most, but again it was a eurpean away game, i was in the front row by the goal where shearer and bowyer scored.

Liverpool (a) 2002/03 2-2 2-0 down with 10 mins to go then robert and bellamy came on and changed the game.  Speed pulled one back and shearer equalised in stoppage time

I wish i went to Feyernord of course, and any other CL away game (just started going away in europe 1 year later).  Also Arsenal away 3-1 and Manu 5-0.  At the time of 5-0 i was going to a fair few games, but was only 7 and sharing a ticket with another kid.  This was a game i didnt get.

I'd have loved to had been there for that. Shearer had a decent chance to win it aswell even after his equaliser, aww that would have been bliss. :)

Best game I attended was probably the 2-0 down 3-2 up at Fulham at Loftus Road.

Fairs Cup Final.

I was only a bairn at the time, but my father had taken me and my little brother to see all the other home games, right up until the semi-final against Rangers. The riot during that game scared the shit out of him and, as he later explained to me, he felt worried that he couldn't protect us if something similar kicked off again. Fair enough, I suppose. But I felt pretty dejected not to see the home leg of the final, with 60,000-odd crammed into SJP.