Barcelona - The Bestest Academy of Football in the World?

Delima

José Reina

(Victor Valdes)

Oleguer Presas, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol

Xavi, Andrés Iniesta, Thiago Motta, Cesc Fabregas

(Iván de la Peña)

Lionel Messi, Albert Luque, Luis Garcia

Is Barcelona the best football academny in the world? Can any other club boost a team like this?

Guest JamesD

spain must have the best ball playing centermidfielders in the world. xabi, fabergas, alonso, inesta...

Guest hagler

boca juniors, although a lot of these werent from the academy have had some class pass through the club

Hugo Gatti

Diego Maradona

Gabriel Batistuta

Kily González

Juan Sebastián Verón

Nolberto Solano

Walter Samuel

Rodolfo Arruabarrena

Marcelo Delgado

Carlos Tévez

Fernando Gago

Sebastián Battaglia

Juan Román Riquelme

Ajax's incarnation over the long haul has been pretty handy. In recent times - ie the last decade or so - the graduate list includes the likes of Van der Saar, Davids, Seedorf, the De Boers and a multitude of big-name Africans who emerged at the club in question.... and there's Rikjaard & Cruyff before them.

Ajax academy is the best in the world

Edwin van der Sar

Michael Reiziger            Danny Blind            Ronald Koeman                  Urby Emanuelson

(Johnny Heitinga)            (Cristian Chivu)      ( Frank de Boer)

(Hatem Trabelsi)              (Winston Bogarde)

(Nigel de Jong)         

Clarence Seedorf              Wesley Sneijder                  Edgar Davids                  Steven Pienaar

(Ronald de Boer)              (Frank Rijkaard)                    ( Aron Winter)                ( Andy van der Meyde)

(Marc Overmars)              (Johan Neeskens)

(Kiki Musampa)

Marco van Basten                      Dennis Bergkamp

( Johan Cruijff)                            (Patrick Kluivert)

(Rafael van der Vaart)                (Nwankwo Kanu)

(Benni McCarthy)                        (Ryan Babel)

I think that its obvious to everyone that Ajax Academy system is the best in the world

When i see all of these players they have produced and still producing it just make me think about how important is

the academy system in general!!!

They have made enormous amount of profit with the sales of these players and they have still managed to win titles

They are example for all the clubs around the world imo

Guest clarkyshan

but you could say any club would have a good all time squad list of youth. but in terms of still playing i might agree with barca.

but you could say any club would have a good all time squad list of youth. but in terms of still playing i might agree with barca.

i dont think there is another club in the world who can bring some much players from their youth academy!!!

And Barca's only players who are from the youth system are:Valdes,Olegeur,Puyol,Xavi, Andrés Iniesta,Lionel Messi

7 players which i think is still a good accomplishment

Nevertheless i still think Ajax youth system is the best in the world

oleguer and messi both had previous clubs

Messi was signed by Barca when he was 13 years old so he is actually from the  Barca's youth system

You are right about Olegeur though

Ajax academy is the best in the world

Edwin van der Sar

Michael Reiziger            Danny Blind            Ronald Koeman                  Urby Emanuelson

(Johnny Heitinga)            (Cristian Chivu)      ( Frank de Boer)

(Hatem Trabelsi)              (Winston Bogarde)

(Nigel de Jong)         

Clarence Seedorf              Wesley Sneijder                  Edgar Davids                  Steven Pienaar

(Ronald de Boer)              (Frank Rijkaard)                    ( Aron Winter)                ( Andy van der Meyde)

(Marc Overmars)              (Johan Neeskens)

(Kiki Musampa)

Marco van Basten                      Dennis Bergkamp

( Johan Cruijff)                            (Patrick Kluivert)

(Rafael van der Vaart)                (Nwankwo Kanu)

(Benni McCarthy)                        (Ryan Babel)

I think that its obvious to everyone that Ajax Academy system is the best in the world

When i see all of these players they have produced and still producing it just make me think about how important is

the academy system in general!!!

They have made enormous amount of profit with the sales of these players and they have still managed to win titles

They are example for all the clubs around the world imo

When I construct the team of Barca academy graduates I only include players who are still currently playing actively, and well. I include Albert Luque because the whole Newcastle thingy is a joke, he was a class not so long ago.

I have trimmed your Ajax team down to

Edwin van der Sar

Johnny Heitinga, Nigel de Jong, Urby Emanuelson

Clarence Seedorf, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Edgar Davids 

(Steven Pienaar)

Patrick Kluivert, Ryan Babel

(Benny McCarthy)

I don't count Chivu as Ajax youth product as he joined Ajax at 19 years old. On similar reasons I have also discounted Kanu and Trabelsi and Mokoena. Both Piennaar and McCarthy graduated from Ajax Cape Town, not the Ajax Academy proper so I put them on the bench.

Oleguer - My mistake. Didn't realise he has previous club

Messi - Joined Barca at 13

Fabregas + Pique - My mistake again thought they joined Arsenal and Man U much later (16 & 17 respectively)

Oleguer - My mistake. Didn't realise he has previous club

Messi - Joined Barca at 13

Fabregas + Pique - My mistake again thought they joined Arsenal and Man U much later (16 & 17 respectively)

By the time Arsenal poached Fabregas he already had the ability tbh just needed games.

Guest clarkyshan

so why's fabregas in then?

Because he came through the Barcelona Academy?  :idiot2:

agreed. which is why messi is not a product of barca.