Barcelona - The Bestest Academy of Football in the World?

Delima

I thought Troisi is a striker?

Can you please kindly rate and describe the potential of each of the player? I am hungry for reserve news but I don't know where to find enough information.

How do you know so much about Man Utd youth players but don't know anything about you own clubs youngsters?

Because I am well red?

tbh

Guest Invicta_Toon

Can you please kindly rate and describe the potential of each of the player? I am hungry for reserve news but I don't know where to find enough information.

How do you know so much about Man Utd youth players but don't know anything about you own clubs youngsters?

Because I am well red?

tbh

innit man alright

Delima is a total closet manc, can't recall seeing a thread started by him that wasn't about the manc wanks

On the thread topic, Footy Focus this morning were creaming themselves over Sporting Lisbon, on the basis of just Figo (just about to break through imo) and Ronaldo (cheating c***). Titheads

And for the best footy analysist in the world, I haven't forgotten about you mate. Did I see right a while back you're Bulgarian? FFS Lecturing me on Pressley. Anyway, pop quiz, whic club recently signed a top class defender that scored an equalising header in a crucial domestic cup game (keeping them in both domestic and champions league so far), and which club has just loaned the most softest spoken mild mannered 6 foot odd man on the planet as a 'defender'?

Reminds of a comment someone made behind me at the match after we signed Hamman - "FFS how can we be the club the finds the only soft German"

Just because they only mentioned Figo and Ronaldo doesn't mean anything

What about Moutinho, Nani, Yannick Djalo amongst others in the current side? Quaresma was there originally too. Not to mention the players from Sporting in years gone by. They're definitely one of the best imo.

Delima is a total closet manc, can't recall seeing a thread started by him that wasn't about the manc wanks

On the thread topic, Footy Focus this morning were creaming themselves over Sporting Lisbon, on the basis of just Figo (just about to break through imo) and Ronaldo (cheating c***). Titheads

And for the best footy analysist in the world, I haven't forgotten about you mate. Did I see right a while back you're Bulgarian? FFS Lecturing me on Pressley. Anyway, pop quiz, whic club recently signed a top class defender that scored an equalising header in a crucial domestic cup game (keeping them in both domestic and champions league so far), and which club has just loaned the most softest spoken mild mannered 6 foot odd man on the planet as a 'defender'?

Reminds of a comment someone made behind me at the match after we signed Hamman - "FFS how can we be the club the finds the only soft German"

Do you really think that about Steven Pressley???

Pressley is shite. Really shite.

That's why he failed at Coventry years ago when he could actually run. God help him if he set foot in the Premiership now that he turns like a tank and is close to drawing a pension.

Because I am a well read person?

So you haven't seen much of them actually playing, you're just going off what you've read?

Jesus Wept! :lol:

So you haven't seen much of them actually playing, you're just going off what you've read?

Jesus Wept! :lol:

How do you know I haven't seen them playing?

Also for the sake of arguement, I never live through the Holocaust yet I know it happened and I condemn it. Maybe I should chastised for this because I wasn't there?

Well to claim you know so much about them because you are well read kind of suggests you havent seen much of them, or you probably would have said something like "because I have seen them play"

perhaps?

Well to claim you know so much about them because you are well read kind of suggests you havent seen much of them, or you probably would have said something like "because I have seen them play"

perhaps?

Maybe. But I also know many many other young players names (not restricted to Man U players) . And this is perhaps due to me being a well read person?

Guest Invicta_Toon

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36837.0

... can't recall seeing a thread started by him that wasn't about the manc wanks [or didn't somehow include a reference to the manc wanks]

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36837.msg726559#msg726559

tbh

Barcelona have a good academy maninly because they scout for talents  who are really young,they sign players from Brazil and  Argentina that are aged from 8 to 13,they improve them in the academy and create fantatsic talents..

But i don't think they have the best academy in the world,Because they didnt really produce big players,i mean look at your team,its a team that will hardly win anything,most of the players in it are youngsters who we still don't know if they are going to devolp into good players or not,another issue is the fact that barca don't really care about their academy,i.e look at the way Arsenal simply "Snatched" Fabrigcas  and Juan Merida from them,very few players actually make it to the first team

Many other teams have great academy,suprised that not many mentioned Manchester United,most of the team that won the 99 triple were academy players,Most dutch teams have great academys,Ajax/PSV created a new profitable concept of growing fantastic talents,selling them for money,and then replacing them with more academy talents,they started doing that in the early 90's and to this day Ajax and PSV have some of the worlds finisest youngsters in their teams..

Engilish teams  in genral also have nice academys,heck even we have a good academy,wich was proven by the fact that most of our youngsters did very well this season,we have a fantastic talent is Steven Taylor,But the real good academys in England are those of West Ham,Manchester Citys,And Southampton (recently).

In the Future most clubs will either depend on youngsters from South or North America (already  being done in spain,Madrid and Barca),Or Home grown talents from the clubs academy,like here in England,the number of transfers will decrease and Club academys will be the No.1 Source of players for that same team..

Engilish teams  in genral also have nice academys,heck even we have a good academy,wich was proven by the fact that most of our youngsters did very well this season,we have a fantastic talent is Steven Taylor,But the real good academys in England are those of West Ham,Manchester Citys,And Southampton (recently).

True, some English clubs do make the effort to develop kids, and if you can develop a kid and get him playing with any regularity in the premiership, then that means you are doing a good job.

For example, Villa's - for academy products we've played  Moore, Agbonlahor, Davis, Cahill, Osbourne, Whittingham, Gardner, Samuel, Ridgewell and Barry this season - and on occasions we've had 7 of them feature in the same match -  (admittedly, the last two were poached from other clubs school setups when they were practically still foetal, but that doesn't stop people from praising Arsenal's youth set up when they talk about Fabregas).

And Boro's academy produces decent prospects, too.

True, some English clubs do make the effort to develop kids, and if you can develop a kid and get him playing with any regularity in the premiership, then that means you are doing a good job.

For example, Villa's - for academy products we've played  Moore, Agbonlahor, Davis, Cahill, Osbourne, Whittingham, Gardner, Samuel, Ridgewell and Barry this season - and on occasions we've had 7 of them feature in the same match -  (admittedly, the last two were poached from other clubs school setups when they were practically still foetal, but that doesn't stop people from praising Arsenal's youth set up when they talk about Fabregas).

How old was Barry when you got him from Brighton?

How old was Barry when you got him from Brighton?

15, I believe.

Guest smoggeordie

Middlesbrough have the best academy by a country mile.

Eh? Most of their young players are nothing special.

It's not just the academy as a whole but in general the area, ie Marton FC have great link ups with the club. Downing, Taylor, Cattermole etc are all good players, with the potential to be very good players, plus they won the youth cup a couple of years back. Also, last season they fielded 10 out of 11 players as academy products and went down only by a single goal. Not bad for a bynch of 17 year olds.

Middlesbrough have the best academy by a country mile.

Eh? Most of their young players are nothing special.

If you can manage to bring even one single player through from the academy to first team regular, then that must surely be considered a success.

It's not just the academy as a whole but in general the area, ie Marton FC have great link ups with the club. Downing, Taylor, Cattermole etc are all good players, with the potential to be very good players, plus they won the youth cup a couple of years back. Also, last season they fielded 10 out of 11 players as academy products and went down only by a single goal. Not bad for a bynch of 17 year olds.

And IIRC the substitutes were all Academy  products as well.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36837.0

... can't recall seeing a thread started by him that wasn't about the manc wanks [or didn't somehow include a reference to the manc wanks]

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36837.msg726559#msg726559

tbh

Why don't you just apologise for making false accusations and slandering, instead of adding a totally different comment "posthumously" to try to cover your own stupidity?

I don't know where exactly to draw the line.

For example, would you say that David Beckham is a Man U youth product? He joined Man U at 17.

Sorry, but you're wrong there. Ferguson was getting Beckham to sign on when he was 13/14. Beckham went out on loan to Preston when he was about 17/18...maybe thats where the confusion is from?