Bellamy being nice again - why ?

Guest killers_perm

Guest killers_perm

Further reports in the Mirror about the 'text war' between Bellamy & Shearer. 

Is it just me or has Bellers spent a not inconsiderable amount of time over the past few weeks defending his feelings for NUFC, declaring his time here as 'the best', trying to make amends for some of his antics and showing a semblence of remorse for previous misdemeanors.

Now, I'm not one for starting rumours....but if I was, I'd say he was trying to smooth the waves so that he can return to the Toon in the summer, maybe as a swap for (delete where applicable) -

Owen (obviously)  :undecided:

Dyer (possibly)  :buck2:

N'Zobia (doubtfully)  :tickedoff:

Taylor (tentatively)  :crazy2:

Given (stupid for trying-ly)  :knuppel2:

NO WAY HE IS COMING BACK HERE!

I think the smoothing over from Bella's is more about him trying to mend his reputation than being about him trying to move back here.

He has even opend up on what happend with Riise.

Craig Bellamy has lifted the lid on his bust-up with John Arne Riise, admitting he 'lost control' when confronting his Liverpool team-mate.

During a training camp in Portugal last month, Bellamy was alleged to have brandished a golf club at Riise following a team night out.

The fracas cast a shadow over Liverpool's preparations for their UEFA Champions League tie in Barcelona, only for both players to score in the 2-1 success in Camp Nou.

Any rift between the pair has been quickly healed, with Bellamy explaining what prompted him to confront Riise in an aggressive fashion.

"It started when we were all doing a bit of karaoke," Bellamy told the Daily Mirror. "I only sang one song and that was Red, Red Wine by UB40. That was because Jerzy Dudek was drinking it. That's how silly it all was.

"A lot of the lads wanted Riise to get up there next because he hadn't turned up at the dinner earlier and I tried to get him up too.

"I wasn't that bothered whether he wanted to sing or not, so I sat back down, but he wasn't too happy about me trying to get him to sing, so he let me know about it.

"The situation was calmed down then, but when I was walking back to the hotel with Steve Finnan, who I was rooming with, I lost control for a few seconds.

"I went and confronted 'Ginger' and I said to him 'Don't be doing that in front of the players again'.

"And that was really about it. I didn't want to cause a scene in front of everybody else. I just wanted to talk to him about it alone.

"John has been great about it. Straight away the next morning we were training together. There's no problem now."

I take it we are talking about this interview...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=shearer-started-text-war%26method=full%26objectid=18696278%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

You're reading too much into it I reckon, he's not trying to smooth the waves as much as just trying to set a few things straight now that there is some distance between himself and the club. I know you never say never in football, and yes he is a cracking player that there is no doubt we could have done with, but it would be mad to see him brought back here, there is just too much water under the bridge to make it viable for either side imho.

CRAIG Bellamy claimed last night it was Alan Shearer who started the war of words between the two men that ended in Bellamy's infamous text to the Newcastle skipper.

Bellamy is supposed to have sent Shearer a text reading: "Your legs are gone, you're too old, you're too slow" after Newcastle had been hammered by Manchester United in the 2005 FA Cup semi-final.

The text caused outrage on Tyneside and strengthened the hand of then boss Graeme Souness, who had banished Bellamy to Celtic.

"I'd just played in a match for Celtic when we hit five against someone but I didn't get on the scoresheet," Bellamy said.

"When he heard about it, Al said to Kieron Dyer 'They scored five and he hasn't got a f*****g goal, that's how good he's doing up there is it?'

"I heard about it so after the semi-final, I sent him the text and it got leaked. About 97 per cent of what I was supposed to have said about Al was b******t.

"He's not fat and I wouldn't say he was lazy.

"I don't think he could run but that's why I was there.

"He's still the best forward I've ever played with."

Guest Ridzuan

I think he was just trying to clear the things up a little bit.I dont think there is any intention of him wanting to come back here.Its just a small matter and lets not make it a big one.

Guest Bramble OG

The quote below Probley sums up his last few weeks with us, Was a great player for us but the bloke is coming up 29/30 in the next season or so, I really wouldnt want to be paying 5m+ for someone that age whoes main asset is pace..

When I was at Newcastle and people were treating me like a hero," Bellamy said, "I started to think I could do what I want. I got wrapped up in all that rubbish.

'They scored five and he hasn't got a f*****g goal, that's how good he's doing up there is it?'

nice one, al. ;D

meanwhile Shearer managed 4 from open play in the entire season

Or 10, if you wanted to be correct of course. :rolleyes:

'They scored five and he hasn't got a f*****g goal, that's how good he's doing up there is it?'

nice one, al. ;D

Let's see how Bellamy performs at the top level when he's 35.  :rolleyes:

nice one, al. ;D

Or 10, if you wanted to be correct of course. :rolleyes:

was refering to premiership to be honest, wasn't incorrect

Bellamy had scored 10 by xmas, Shearer was in no position to attack Bellamy's goalscoring

nice one, al. ;D

Let's see how Bellamy performs at the top level when he's 35.

O0

It's always seemed to me, with the whole incident, that Shearer and Shepherd are more at fault than Bellamy. It was a bit of banter in a private text message between two footballers, and ought to have stayed that way. Instead, it looks like Shearer makes it known within the club, the Chairman makes it public, and says Bellamy will never play for the club again.

It speaks volumes about the amateurish way in which our club is run.

nice one, al. ;D

Let's see how Bellamy performs at the top level when he's 35.  :rolleyes:

He wont as he is not that type of forward.

However he is also so overrated on this board.

Further reports in the Mirror about the 'text war' between Bellamy & Shearer. 

Is it just me or has Bellers spent a not inconsiderable amount of time over the past few weeks defending his feelings for NUFC, declaring his time here as 'the best', trying to make amends for some of his antics and showing a semblence of remorse for previous misdemeanors.

Now, I'm not one for starting rumours....but if I was, I'd say he was trying to smooth the waves so that he can return to the Toon in the summer, maybe as a swap for (delete where applicable) -

Owen (obviously)  :undecided:

Dyer (possibly)  :buck2:

N'Zobia (doubtfully)  :tickedoff:

Taylor (tentatively)  :crazy2:

Given (stupid for trying-ly)  :knuppel2:

The only waves that may need smoothing over is with the arseholes who fell for the souness propaganda, but the reality is they don't matter anyway.

Anyone with a brain knows he is a top footballer and that's what matters.

I wouldn't have him back because he is a disruptive influence and I've enjoyed not making the back pages for stupid stunts like the golf club incident.  And even if he wasn't an arsehole, we seem to be doing OK for pacey forwards at the moment and we should take our money and look for fullbacks and central midfielders. 

I wouldn't have him back because he is a disruptive influence and I've enjoyed not making the back pages for stupid stunts like the golf club incident.  And even if he wasn't an arsehole, we seem to be doing OK for pacey forwards at the moment and we should take our money and look for fullbacks and central midfielders. 

mackems.gif

Bellamy knows that it was ultimately the fans who were fucked over by Souness.

He himself will have had enough confidence in his own ability to know he'd get a better Club than NUFC - Hence the clause in the Blackburn contract that made him VERY attractively priced to the 'right' Club.