Who will Roeder drop for Owen?

Skirge

Once Owen is back he will be uptop with Martins, so who is going to lose their place in the starting 11 ? Won't be Duff or Zoggy (depends on who gets lw)

Will it be Dyer or Milner? drop Milner play Dyer wide right or drop Dyer keep Milner on the wing, Or will he drop Butt and keep Dyer alongside Parker.

I cant see Roeder changing from a 4-4-2 just to try and encorperate he best players, he is going to have to choose and I reckon it will be Butt who he drops, cant drop Dyer and he won;t drop Captain Parker.

I expect Dyer to be injured soon so he'll drop himself

Seriosly i want to say Butt but im afraid we all know Dyer's best position is not there

I dont want to say Milner because he has played really well this season

Tough call

Next season i'd love to see Butt & Emre sitting in the middle with Dyer, N'Zogbia, Martins & Owen going forward. All interchanging roles and switching sides throughout, that quartet would be enough to terrorize any defence.

It would be extremely harsh on Milner, and Roeder is probaly incapable of dropping Parker & Duff, but it'd be our most effective attack.

Butt, although I'd expect Butt to be dropped for Emre soon under normal circumstances.  If Emre is cleared of his charges and stays at the club, then Roeder will start to have problems, and I'd expect Milner to be dropped then.  Or maybe on current form Milner would get moved to LW and Duff would get dropped.  But that last one's probably just wishful thinking.

Given

4 random shite defenders

Milner Dyer Parker Duff

Owen Martins

I reckons. Emre is practically out the door & Butt will once more be bit part... well, he'll come in for any injuries and will probably get more appearances than parker and dyer anyway.

I think Roeder has a biggish problem here. As others including myself have said in other threads, Owen and Martins might not be the best combination. However, politically it's a big step to leave Owen out.

I think Roeder has a biggish problem here. As others including myself have said in other threads, Owen and Martins might not be the best combination. However, politically it's a big step to leave Owen out.

Why don't you think Owen/Martins would work?

theyre both small, but i reckon they'd work... Martins aint a poacher, he drops deep alot but Owen is a nice little poacher and will never ever drop deep.

sibierski.

i dont get how this is even being discussed beyond him.

Eh? Sibierski isn't even first choice now mate, so I can't work that one out.

Dyer/Martins is Roeder's preferred starting pair up front, Sibierski only gets a game when Dyer has to drop back into midfield. Which is why Milner seems to be the obvious answer to this one, because there's no way he'll leave Martins, Owen or Dyer out and the obvious answer would be to move Dyer back onto the right. If Emre is off, then it could be the case that Dyer will play AM and Milner will retain his position.

If we're going to play with Martins/Owen up top, I'm not sure how effective Milner will be as it seems a strikeforce more geared towards using "wide midfielders" rather than "wingers" in so much that we'll be looking to play the ball on the deck, rather than load the box with crosses. Think Pires/Ljungberg at Arsenal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roeder's first-choice front six was: Dyer, Duff, Emre, Parker, Martins and Owen, however the chances of all six being fit at the same time aren't exactly brilliant.

Dyer can't play in midfield, so it should be Dyer - even though he's done well. He'd be a good impact player anyway.

Given

Solano --- Taylor --- Someone1 --- Someone2

Milner --- Emre --- Butt --- N'Zogbia

Martins --- Owen

So, that would mean bringing in a centre-back, a left-back and a cover striker minimum. Anything less than those three simply isn't good enough. In terms of midfielders, i'd like to see us bring in another right-winger for cover in all honesty. Personal choice would be Giles Barnes - who can also play upfront. Moritz Volz who probably wouldn't cost a bomb, but Gera's available on a free.

Dyer can't play in midfield, so it should be Dyer - even though he's done well. He'd be a good impact player anyway.

Given

Solano --- Taylor --- Someone1 --- Someone2

Milner --- Emre --- Butt --- N'Zogbia

Martins --- Owen

So, that would mean bringing in a centre-back, a left-back and a cover striker minimum. Anything less than those three simply isn't good enough. In terms of midfielders, i'd like to see us bring in another right-winger for cover in all honesty. Personal choice would be Giles Barnes - who can also play upfront. Moritz Volz who probably wouldn't cost a bomb, but Gera's available on a free.

where is parker?

imo butt is getting old and shouldnt be 1st team choice

Roeder will not drop Dyer, he has been massive for us since coming back.

I fear it will be Milner, when really Butt or Parker should be the the one.

Dyer may not be our best midfielder in defensive terms but he the best attacking midfielder we have other than Emre but forget about Emre for now I think Owen will be back before he is.

Our bst attacking line up would be that, but when we lsoe the ball is when we would be in trouble because of the back 4 we have.

----Milner----------Parker------------Zoggy

---------Dyer-------------------Martins

---------------------Owen

How about copying Bolton? They fit Diouf, Anelka & Davies to good effect. Use Martins as the Diouf, Owen for Anelka, Viduka ;) for Davies et voila.

Guest eyeball_tickler

sibierski has played about 30 games this season, he's hardly a reserve.

and you can forget all that "all fully fit" crap, when was the last time that happened?

I would say we need two top(ish) players for every position, let's not worry too much about who will be picked. Consistent 'starting elevens' are becoming a bit out of date these days anyway.

[cliche] it's a nice problem to have [/cliche]